NYC Subway Map Effective June 27th, 2010

Luis1985

(M) line: I approve. Sometimes, change is good.

Definitely. One of the best things about the (V) is that it provides a one-seat ride to 6th Avenue and Midtown East, and the (M) expands on that by offering the same to those in northern Brooklyn. Let's just hope that the MTA realizes how popular this line's going to be and decreases its headways. :P

(M) line: I approve. Sometimes, change is good.

(M) line: I disapprove. No more brown (M2), no more service thru 4th Ave/West End, no more (V) or (W)..

Change is not important here, its about keeping the customers happy and getting them to there destination.. Yeah they can still get to there destination, but with no (M2) then you have to put more time to get to your destination...

Change is not important here, its about keeping the customers happy and getting them to there destination..

Yeah, it sucks that these cuts are being made, and I'd rather have service patterns remain the same as much as the next guy. That doesn't mean that the (M) should be blamed for it though. Overall happiness should always be a factor in any public affair, and the (M2) terminating at Chambers would've been far worse than the what the (M) will be doing. If it's between someone else getting a one-side ride or no one getting a one-seat ride, I'd pick the former.

Call me strange, but I think the subway cut that won't have much of a problem would be the cutting of the (W), since the (Q) replaces it north of 57th Street, the (N) making all stops in Manhattan, north of Canal Street, and the (R) (needs more trains) in Lower Manhattan, the only difference is an extra transfer. Some people say (W) should be a rush hour line, but I've seen (W) as taking quite a load off the (N)(R). We shall prepare to see more crowding on the (N)(Q)(R).

On the other hand the (V) being cut or rather the (M2)(V) fusion into (M) means that the (V) riders will have shorter trains to board along Queens Boulevard, which means crowding issues. 2nd Avenue, Manhattan won't be needing cleaners to clean the trains as the (V) won't go there anymore. While the (M) will help take riders into Midtown Manhattan, the (M2) riders trying to go to Lower Manhattan might as well go pack on the (J)(Z) trains, (By the way why aren't they cutting the (Z)?) The (M2) not going into 4th Avenue/West End means an extra transfer to/from the (D) to any Lower Manhattan subway line.

I guess the (G) not going to Forest Hills isn't such bad news, since the (G) rarely goes there these days.

Call me strange, but I think the subway cut that won't have much of a problem would be the cutting of the (W), since the (Q) replaces it north of 57th Street, the (N) making all stops in Manhattan, north of Canal Street, and the (R) (needs more trains) in Lower Manhattan, the only difference is an extra transfer. Some people say (W) should be a rush hour line, but I've seen (W) as taking quite a load off the (N)(R). We shall prepare to see more crowding on the (N)(Q)(R).

Yes, the (Q) will have serious issues as the sole B'way Express.

I guess the (G) not going to Forest Hills isn't such bad news, since the (G) rarely goes there these days.

IAWTP

On the other hand the (V) being cut or rather the (M2)(V) fusion into (M) means that the (V) riders will have shorter trains to board along Queens Boulevard, which means crowding issues. 2nd Avenue, Manhattan won't be needing cleaners to clean the trains as the (V) won't go there anymore. While the (M) will help take riders into Midtown Manhattan, the (M2) riders trying to go to Lower Manhattan might as well go pack on the (J)(Z) trains, (By the way why aren't they cutting the (Z)?) The (M2) not going into 4th Avenue/West End means an extra transfer to/from the (D) to any Lower Manhattan subway line.

The (Z) is still going to run. The MTA said that the (M2)/(V) merger would save more money and affect less people than cutting the (Z), so they chose the ''lesser of 2 evils''

Archived