Spiciest food you've ever eaten?

RTS CNG Command

Title taken from an old Chowhound thread.

What is the spiciest food you've ever eaten? I don't mean a pepper, but the actual food. The meal.

Mine is a gimme: green curry with chicken at a Thai restaurant in the Upper East Side (I'll PM you the restaurant name if you wanna know where it is). Mom and I are regular customers there, and we eat green curry regular. Now, regular is hot enough. I decided to be gutsy and ordered it to be extra spicy. The waitress gave me an "Are-you-playing-Russian-Roulette?" look, and I knew it was gonna be hot. Needless to say, it was hot. The dried Thai chillies sprinkled on top literally made Mom cringe, and one of the chefs actually poked his head out the door just to see who was that crazy nut eating six-star hot food. By far the hottest food I had. Three weeks later, I had it again. Same extra spice, same cringe from Mom, same heat. It hurt SO GOOD!

What about yours?

Once ate a whole jalapeno pepper in one fell swoop. Didn't think it was going to be quite as hot as my friends said it would be...

P***y, I ate a bowel of them for lunch on Sunday. I can't even remember the spiciest thing I have had and I LOVE spicy food. Some of the best spicy food I have had was in New Orleans.

I'm going to be inviting friends to a Lower East Side Japanese restaurant for a game of "Russian Roulette." What they usually do is pack a meaty chunk of wasabi into one of the pieces of food and the person unlucky enough to get the piece suffers.

:P

I'm going to be inviting friends to a Lower East Side Japanese restaurant for a game of "Russian Roulette." What they usually do is pack a meaty chunk of wasabi into one of the pieces of food and the person unlucky enough to get the piece suffers.

:)

LOL! That's funny! That game sounds like fun. Tell us the experience after the event. :P

When I was at a sushi bar with my friend, I had to eat 2 tablespoons of pure wasabi as a dare (for 10 bucks :cool: worse thing ever in the end lol). Other than that, the 2nd degree burn Doritos (the orange bag). That is the only spicy thing I ever turned down

Archived