Upcoming Line Changes?

Robert Bosco

As pointed out in another thread...this is the 4yr anniversary of the Manhattan Brdge opening up...and a whole bunch of lines ((B)(D)(Q) (Qx) (W)) getting scrambled. With that said...are there any talks going on about line changes. I've heard of the (G) getting extended to Smith-9th, but thats about it.

The (G) will be extended FROM Smith / 9 Sts to Church Avenue.

Other than that, the hours of operation on the (B) and (W) Trains will be extended on the weekdays.

The (B) will run to / from Brighton Beach and Harlem-145 St, weekdays until 11pm.

The (W) will run to / from Astoria-Ditmars Blvd and Lower Manhattan-Whitehall St, weekdays until 11pm.

Other than that, Id think we would have to wait until 2012, after the Culver Viaduct Reconstruction Project comes to a close. Perhaps their will be new or extended routes regarding the (F)(G) & (V) Trains.

Aside from that, the (Q) extension from Midtown-57 St / 7 Av to 96 St / 2 Av, in 2015? ( I think it was just pushed back)

The (7) will be extended from Times Square-42 St to Jacob Javitz Center - 34 St / 11 Av. I believe sometime in 2011, the (7) should be terminating at its new Home.

The (G) will be extended FROM Smith / 9 Sts to Church Avenue.

Other than that, the hours of operation on the (B) and (W) Trains will be extended on the weekdays.

The (B) will run to / from Brighton Beach and Harlem-145 St, weekdays until 11pm.

The (W) will run to / from Astoria-Ditmars Blvd and Lower Manhattan-Whitehall St, weekdays until 11pm.

Other than that, Id think we would have to wait until 2012, after the Culver Viaduct Reconstruction Project comes to a close. Perhaps their will be new or extended routes regarding the (F)(G) & (V) Trains.

Aside from that, the (Q) extension from Midtown-57 St / 7 Av to 96 St / 2 Av, in 2015? ( I think it was just pushed back)

The (7) will be extended from Times Square-42 St to Jacob Javitz Center - 34 St / 11 Av. I believe sometime in 2011, the (7) should be terminating at its new Home.

I used to ride the (B) a lot at around 9pm-ish...and it was never that crowded. Why extend it later into the night? If anything, let it run on the weekends.

Thanks for the info.

Im a frequent Brighton Rider. Dude, the (B) is Standing Room only at Night :cool:. They need the extra service. The Brighton Line, being the most utilized out of the 4 Southern BMT Routes, needs any extra help it can get.

However, the topic of Weekend (B) service, has been an ongoing issue ever since the Manhattan Bridge re-opened 4 years ago. Unfortunately, I don't think we will see any weekend (B) service in the near future because the (MTA) feels that the (Q) can handle the Brighton quite well on weekends, and that the ridership isn't there for it as well. Weekend (B) service would work between Prospect Park and Harlem-145 St; people would utilize it, and it would definitely assist 6 Av (D) & (F) , and Central Park West Local (C) riders. But it won't happen. The TA feels that the (B) is a weekday only route, and their is no need for it; hence, transferring from the Brighton Local (Q) to the (D) at Atlantic Av-Pacific St, is the way to go; and / or , take the (Q) to Herald Square-34 St and transfer to the 6 Av (D) & (F) Trains. Many feel the Atlantic Av Transfer is a hassle, while others feel the (D) should run via 4 Avenue Local between Sunset Park-36 St / 4 Av and DeKalb Avenue, so Brighton riders can access 6 Av, right on the Same platform and Track At DeKalb. The (MTA) doesn't feel thats necessary either.

Theirs always going to be some Pros and Cons in every situation in life, meaning not every thing's going to be at the doorstep for everyone. I guess transit feels, the Bridge has reopened to both sides. All 3, Brighton, West End , and Sea Beach Line Riders have new routes, with new operations, why go any further and mess that up?

The logical scenario in the Weekend (B) Situation would just to have the (D) run via 4 Av Local and Stop at DeKalb Avenue. However, the 4 Av Express is an excellent run (except Manhattan Bound by Union St, darn timer:eek: )

Weekend (Q) service, nobody can ask for more. Its extremely frequent, can't complain about that. I mentioned to people who live within the Sheepshead Bay / Brighton area, who don't want to transfer at Atlantic Av or Herald Square-34 St, just back track a few stops on the (Q) to Coney Island, and just take the (D) straight from there.

Im a frequent Brighton Rider. Dude, the (B) is Standing Room only at Night :cool:. They need the extra service. The Brighton Line, being the most utilized out of the 4 Southern BMT Routes, needs any extra help it can get.

However, the topic of Weekend (B) service, has been an ongoing issue ever since the Manhattan Bridge re-opened 4 years ago. Unfortunately, I don't think we will see any weekend (B) service in the near future because the (MTA) feels that the (Q) can handle the Brighton quite well on weekends, and that the ridership isn't there for it as well. Weekend (B) service would work between Prospect Park and Harlem-145 St; people would utilize it, and it would definitely assist 6 Av (D) & (F) , and Central Park West Local (C) riders. But it won't happen. The TA feels that the (B) is a weekday only route, and their is no need for it; hence, transferring from the Brighton Local (Q) to the (D) at Atlantic Av-Pacific St, is the way to go; and / or , take the (Q) to Herald Square-34 St and transfer to the 6 Av (D) & (F) Trains. Many feel the Atlantic Av Transfer is a hassle, while others feel the (D) should run via 4 Avenue Local between Sunset Park-36 St / 4 Av and DeKalb Avenue, so Brighton riders can access 6 Av, right on the Same platform and Track At DeKalb. The (MTA) doesn't feel thats necessary either.

Theirs always going to be some Pros and Cons in every situation in life, meaning not every thing's going to be at the doorstep for everyone. I guess transit feels, the Bridge has reopened to both sides. All 3, Brighton, West End , and Sea Beach Line Riders have new routes, with new operations, why go any further and mess that up?

The logical scenario in the Weekend (B) Situation would just to have the (D) run via 4 Av Local and Stop at DeKalb Avenue. However, the 4 Av Express is an excellent run (except Manhattan Bound by Union St, darn timer:eek: )

Weekend (Q) service, nobody can ask for more. Its extremely frequent, can't complain about that. I mentioned to people who live within the Sheepshead Bay / Brighton area, who don't want to transfer at Atlantic Av or Herald Square-34 St, just back track a few stops on the (Q) to Coney Island, and just take the (D) straight from there.

Can't agree more with weekend (Q) service...it's excellent. (F) weekend service, different story. Once waited at Neptune Ave, only 2 stops from the terminal, for 25 minutes.....at 5pm on a Sat...maybe it was just one of those days.

Can't agree more with weekend (Q) service...it's excellent. (F) weekend service, different story. Once waited at Neptune Ave, only 2 stops from the terminal, for 25 minutes.....at 5pm on a Sat...maybe it was just one of those days.

We can all agree about weekday service on the (F). Trains run every 3-5 minutes during early and late rush hours. The cars and not too packed. Plenty of room to move around in. It's more than decent service.

We can all agree about weekday service on the (F). Trains run every 3-5 minutes during early and late rush hours. The cars and not too packed. Plenty of room to move around in. It's more than decent service.

Your talking about the (Q) or (F)? We were saying how well (Q) service is, while the (F) can be lazy at times.B)

The (M) train is also scheduled to be extended to either Chambers Street or Broad Street (I forget) during evenings later in the year, and to either Chambers or Broad during weekends, eliminating the need for the (M) shuttle except for late nights.

Ahh yes. I remember reading/hearing about that. Another few changes that are in the mist of becoming reality:

(R) Service to run 24/7 between Forest Hills-71 Av, and Bay Ridge-95 St

(3) Service to Begin running late nights between Harlem-148 St, and Times Square-42 Street.

Ahh yes. I remember reading/hearing about that. Another few changes that are in the mist of becoming reality:

(R) Service to run 24/7 between Forest Hills-71 Av, and Bay Ridge-95 St

(3) Service to Begin running late nights between Harlem-148 St, and Times Square-42 Street.

If the (R) will be running 24-7, will the (E) still run local late nights?

As pointed out in another thread...this is the 4yr anniversary of the Manhattan Brdge opening up...and a whole bunch of lines ((:)(D)(Q) (Qx) (W)) getting scrambled. With that said...are there any talks going on about line changes. I've heard of the (G) getting extended to Smith-9th, but thats about it.

When the B Dv Work Program comes out i will pull coats...

Archived