Track Work Lights

m7zanr160s

Are the bulbs on the track work light strips made of plastic, because I have never seen one broken? I've also seen them carried in bunches. I know I'd have a tough time handling those without breaking them. Unless I was shown a special way to carry them; like how waiters can hold a lot of plates in one hand without dropping them.

the banker lights use glass light bulbs. they break all the time. i have seen a few blow up also.

When they break or blow up, there is usually noting left of the bulb making it a real bitch to put new bulbs in then. The clips are great for holding gloves and hard hats thought.

Ahh, here is the occasion to mention the new type of bank light I just noticed for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The LED banklight.

It consists of two rows of 10 "jumbo" (10mm) LED's; which appear to be 3000-4000K (not bluish like the ones used in the time signals, but not quite soft white either; not that different than late afternoon sunlight).

Leaving 9th Avenue southbound, going around the bend, I noticed through the trees what looked like a bright bar of light. It looked like it could have been the sunlight reflecting off of something chrome. But when I got around to it, it was a new banklight placed on the through-span where the line crosses over 39th St.

The array is like this:

• •

• •

• •

• •

• •

• •

• •

• •

• •

• •

So that both columns are on the same side, and pretty much cover the space and angle that the old five bulbs would.

This is the only one I have seen so far. I wish I could see it underground or at least at night, to really get an idea of how it compares to the old ones.

I had wondered if they would ever use CFL's, or the new LED bulbs (like the ones tested on parts of Fulton St) on those, but instead, they are going with a dedicated LED array, just like the signals.

They have been using these new lights it the pit tracks up at 207 called a wobble light or something like that and man are they bright as all hell. I have seen contractors use them while installing tunnel lighting. The only drawback is that they are too big to use on active tracks but man to they light up a tunnel.

Archived