Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Today From Queens Blvd & More

R62A 1991

I'm back in NY, and decided to take the length of the (R) train on an R160. I did so, but exercised caution today since I really didn't know what to expect, having not railfanned for a good 3 months. This is what I was able to come up with:

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

I don't know where those two came to the F.I.N.D., but they are there.

Lots of videos now:

Okay, from there I eventually made it onto a Flatbush Av-bound (5) train. It had a preacher in the 4th 3rd car at 59th St. By Borough Hall, he made it to my first car. I ditched it at the very last second, and got this short video at Borough Hall.

Then, I experienced my best usage of the countdown clock since I've been home. I got on the R142A (4) train, and we were passing Hoyt St slowly because the R142 (5) was literally in front of us. I saw that the countdown clock at Hoyt said 3 mintues to the next New Lots Av-bound (3). This meant that the one ahead of me was 5 minutes ahead as they run on 8-minute headways during the middays, and the (4) would never make it to Utica in time to catch it since the R142 (5) was ahead of us. So, I decided to get off at Nevins and make the R62 (3) without having to wait too long. It came right on time. So, right now, I'm a fan. I understand their drawbacks though.

IMG_1434.jpg

And that's my trip for today. Just getting back into the groove. Hope to see you guys around, and hope the hobby is treating you guys well.

Archived