Could the BP Gulf of Mexico Oil Diaster become Obama's "Katrina?"

Shortline Bus

Alright, alright, lets not get into politics now, it's gonna be dirty, :P...

That's not politics, that's explaining the principle of "delegation" and how it relates to large organizations. Case in point, executive boards of major corporations don't discuss janitorial matters and the work of the janitors in board meetings, but if it doesn't get done the shit gets everywhere!

Just saying...

I love how she's blaming Obama. Wasn't she the one getting folks riled up to say "Drill baby Drill!?" Feel free to correct me guys but if anything that bitch should be eating her words right now.

She should be eating that oil. We'd possibly be spared a bad presidential candidate in 2012.

Okay, thanks for the comment, it really made me relaxed because I don't like getting into political arguments......

if you don't want to get into political "arguments" then you shouldn't have posted in this thread to begin with. Handle the discussion like an adult since this an adult discussion pertaining to politics (adult talk) or don't post.

They said that this spill would continue til august til the relief wells are built.now they are going to try another method that if failed could make it much worse.I dont get it.if they have the technology to build something like this in the middle of nowhere how they cant stop this?Hurricane season starts in three days and we already have our first tropical storm name Agatha.Now if a hurricane god forbid heads into the gulf between now and august,the storm surge would push oil well inland into neighborhoods from Texas to florida and people would be in an oil slick

This senario I think is 1000 worse than Katrina.

True, very true, janitors should also be included in discussions, infact all employees (by their general positions) should be included in a corporate discussion. Janitors are only parts of it, :P...

The point is that you delegate those sorts of responsibilities so that the big cheeses don't have to worry about them (and can therefore focus on other responsibilities). Janitorial duties are the responsibility of whoever is in charge of facilities, not the CEO.

Government inspections are the responsibility of the FMMS, not the president.

This isn't Obama's Katrina. Katrina was a **** up because there was warning of the impending disaster, and that idiot Bush decided to ignore it. This is a whole new ballgame where for whatever reason, Obama decided to let the idiots (BP) fix their own **** up, which has now morphed into his own **** up because of the lack of government intervention. Joe is right to blame Bush since BP followed Bush regime ethics that hasn't been revised to real standards.

No, let's get some things strait here. It was supposed to be the New Orleans mayor and Louisiana governor's jobs to get people to evacuate New Orleans before Katrina hit. They had hundreds of buses there that were destroyed by the floods and people who either couldn't or didn't want to leave their homes. So the fault goes mainly on the local officials [80%]. Then it was FEMA's job [20%] to clean up the mess the local government failed to do.

So I don't care how far to the left you lean, but don't blame only Bush for Katrina. There were plenty of people to blame.

I love how she's blaming Obama. Wasn't she the one getting folks riled up to say "Drill baby Drill!?" Feel free to correct me guys but if anything that bitch should be eating her words right now.

Granted BP f'ed things up big time, but the point is America needs to get itself off its dependence on Mid East oil. And unless Obama approves plans for more nuclear powered plants, off shore drilling is the only other option we have. I mean what is it going to be: do nothing and still depend on the Mid East who hates us or get our own source of power despite protests from 'environmental groups'?

From how big this spill has been gushing, it seems the Gulf coast is pretty rich in oil.

I just don't want it to end up in a Democrat vs. Republican thing. Anyways, BP and Obama still need to do what they need to do, can't reverse the situation and it happened, so lets just keep trying to clean up the oil spill with different tactics, still the FMMS need to make sure they inspect oil rigs on schedule and make sure this thing never happens again, I know cuts are harsh today, but still FMMS need to do thier job, BP/Transocean should learn from it's mistakes, also all other oil giants should learn too, just to make sure it never happens again.

Politics can be partisan but is it NOT ALWAYS partisan in the way that it is split between party lines. This is about who should get the most responsibility: the corporations or the government. Nothing about Republicans or Democrats.

And it's not like the Republicans can fix this thing up quickly themselves.

The BP spill is going to turn into a global event. Top kill failed and those wells won't be put up until August. Everyday, oil is dripping out and the oil spill is comparable to the size of Delaware. Not only this, but this is affecting the economy as well as the biosphere.

For the people who say "I DONT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE EARTH," this not only has to do with that, but it is devastating to southern states which rely on their fishing empire. It's killing all sorts of unimaginable aquatic animals and organisms and as a result, shrimp prices will rise and so will fish. In addition to that migratory birds move south and their dying by flocks.

Plus, it's hurricane season and the typical American hurricane patterns show that the storms move through the East Coast so if this continues to escalate, then that means no going to the beach anytime soon. Global winds will also pick this up and send this garbage out to our oceans and then we're all f**ked.

This is a MAJOR CATASTROPHIC event and it's all BP's fault. I'm a Democrat, but I can also put some blame on the Obama Administration. He should have sent National Guards as well as America's finest technicians to address this situation, but he didn't and now BP has made it worse. Plus, I doubt the Republicans would have made this situation better.

The BP spill is going to turn into a global event. Top kill failed and those wells won't be put up until August. Everyday, oil is dripping out and the oil spill is comparable to the size of Delaware. Not only this, but this is affecting the economy as well as the biosphere.

For the people who say "I DONT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE EARTH," this not only has to do with that, but it is devastating to southern states which rely on their fishing empire. It's killing all sorts of unimaginable aquatic animals and organisms and as a result, shrimp prices will rise and so will fish. In addition to that migratory birds move south and their dying by flocks.

Plus, it's hurricane season and the typical American hurricane patterns show that the storms move through the East Coast so if this continues to escalate, then that means no going to the beach anytime soon. Global winds will also pick this up and send this garbage out to our oceans and then we're all f**ked.

This is a MAJOR CATASTROPHIC event and it's all BP's fault. I'm a Democrat, but I can also put some blame on the Obama Administration. He should have sent National Guards as well as America's finest technicians to address this situation, but he didn't and now BP has made it worse. Plus, I doubt the Republicans would have made this situation better.

Huh...What is the National Guard going to do about it? Shoot at the oil spill in an effort at a "new" kind of "top kill?"

People need to stop blaming Obama for this it not like he own BP,if he does then yall could.

And on that note: people should stop blaming ONLY Bush for Katrina as it was supposed to be the mayor and governor's jobs to evacuate the people even if they didn't want to leave their homes. There were like hundreds of buses that were damaged from the floods that could've evacuated the people from New Orleans.

And on that note: people should stop blaming ONLY Bush for Katrina as it was supposed to be the mayor and governor's jobs to evacuate the people even if they didn't want to leave their homes. There were like hundreds of buses that were damaged from the floods that could've evacuated the people from New Orleans.

but not blaming bush would require feeble minds to think. obama does no wrong you see, he is the exception to every crooked rule politicians live by. i swear! ask the media!

On the media i got to give NBC News/MSNBC some props for being the only major national/international network outlet that has never underestimated this historic disater and was the lead story for the least month or so.

Guys do you think the other cable news/network news outlets until last 2 weeks or so, underreport this event? And thus the reason Team Obama who are usually very good in responding to the news media stories about them?

Archived