Could the BP Gulf of Mexico Oil Diaster become Obama's "Katrina?"

Shortline Bus

People need to stop blaming Obama for this it not like he own BP,if he does then yall could.

There are the two sides of the issue:

The activists want more government involvement and attention into this crisis and are saying that Obama (technically, Washington) is not doing enough to abate the disaster.

The others believe that Obama doesn't have much of a role because he doesn't control the oil companies.

I have found the perfect solution for the BP oil spill. Dump New Jersey into the hole to plug it right up.

Interesting plan, but I doubt that crude oil and my grandfather's smoking of 1.5 cig packs a day would go together well. Those blobs of oil would do him no good, either.;)

I dont know why the govt doesnt just let BP fix it themselves instead of constantly badgering them in the news.

BP wants it cleaned up just as much as everyone else, they are loosing tons of money in product here getting pissed away in teh ocean where it coulda been in peoples gas tanks taking them places.

The show trial in the media led by Obama and Eric Holder is a lame show to ignite their base to support them for November.

I still support drilling in the gulf, they should move it closer to shore where its much easier and safer to do, and spills like this can be fixed a lot easier. All those people on the coast with no job, particularly in New Orleans could work on building the oil rigs and stuff.

If Haiti had oil this would be a real way to help their economy, get the oil companies to invest in offshore drilling, they could put em to work and boost their economy.

Oil shortage my ass.with the amount of oil that has leaked proved that there is more oil that meets the eye.A way for the oil company to make money?control the flow of oil drilled,raise gas prices, and make more money.this earth has more oil than they are telling you.This cut-cap method they are using isn`t going to work.those pincers they are using could have easily clamp the end of that pipe with sheer hydraulic force.Cutting the whole pipe off is going to create a geyser of oil!!!

Oil shortage my ass.with the amount of oil that has leaked proved that there is more oil that meets the eye.A way for the oil company to make money?control the flow of oil drilled,raise gas prices, and make more money.this earth has more oil than they are telling you.This cut-cap method they are using isn`t going to work.those pincers they are using could have easily clamp the end of that pipe with sheer hydraulic force.Cutting the whole pipe off is going to create a geyser of oil!!!

Also shows Al Gore is full of shit. Oil shortage my ass. Look that this spill, this looks like a f'ing geyser with no end. This could keep the US fueled for at least a decade or such.

Also shows Al Gore is full of shit. Oil shortage my ass. Look that this spill, this looks like a f'ing geyser with no end. This could keep the US fueled for at least a decade or such.
Agreed.you can watch the whole underwater operation live on cnn.com.The sad part is that BP is still making money off of this.

• 2 weeks later...
Also he could've asked other countries that have experience with deep sea drilling to help out. It's in their best interests to cap the spill sooner or sea life [for them food] is wiped out.

It's our responsibility, we should fix it ourselves. If we ASK other countries ourselves, wouldn't that give us an even more horrible reputation?

It's our responsibility, we should fix it ourselves. If we ASK other countries ourselves, wouldn't that give us an even more horrible reputation?

I have no issues with this as long as we get something for nothing. Every time there's a disaster somewhere else in the world, they expect us to drop everything and help them, so now it's time that they show that we helped them for a reason.

Never give something for nothing. At the end of the day America has a responsibility to America and not other countries yet we help them anyway. Time to see if giving is a two way street or we should cut the rest of the world off for taking advantage of our charity.

I'm not saying ask the other countries for a handout, but they have better knowledge of such stuff like this, then why not seek their help? The US has been the world's biggest donator, it's time for the world to help the US in our time of need. They don't need to give much, but it would be an act of good will.

I'm not saying ask the other countries for a handout, but they have better knowledge of such stuff like this, then why not seek their help? The US has been the world's biggest donator, it's time for the world to help the US in our time of need. They don't need to give much, but it would be an act of good will.

IAWTP.

If this meant ending this catastrophe and putting aside politics/national pride, I am all for it.:tup:

Archived