Question regarding the X32?

bknightshadow45

I tried riding this bus today and it passed me on by.I was standing at 205St/Paul Av where the Bx22 and 26 make thier first stop and while a Bx22 was at the stop,here came the X32,5894, and he just kept on going.Plus there were people in it already.So my question is WHERE is the first stop for this bus?I'm still pissed about this.I've never been on the ex NYBS O5's and with this being my only chance,it slipped past me!(1)(A)(C)

I know. When I was waiting to take pic there of 15:10 X32, s/he left 2 minutes early. I guess B/O pickup behind the Bx22 bus.

When I was at Flushing, X32 B/O did not check if any student going to Bx Science, and s/he just went zoomed by.

When I was by Scared Heart Academy for pic, N66 B/O did not check if this girls need to take that bus, so N66 kept going without stopping!!

I'm actually a senior from the school, so I'll give you some insights:

Yes, the line will run on the 25th because school is in session. That will be the last day because right after the weekend, it's gone.

Damn you BX Sci i wish BK Tech had their own bus:p

I'm actually a senior from the school, so I'll give you some insights:

Yes, the line will run on the 25th because school is in session. That will be the last day because right after the weekend, it's gone.

I'll be riding the first X32 out of the Bronx that week.

Damn you BX Sci i wish BK Tech had their own bus:p

BT is more centrally located, so commuting from there would be more like hub and spoke. The X32 services the Queens population at Bronx Science and commuting from say, Fresh Meadows to Bedford park would be tedious considering the transfer to the bus, the long subway ride, a transfer to another subway line. But, the X32 is not really a reliable service per se because it's not as flexible as the cheese bus.

I'll be riding the first X32 out of the Bronx that week.

Looks like I could be seeing you there

Stuyvesant, like Brooklyn Tech, is much more centrally located than Bronx Science. Take a map and look yourself.

The old 15th Street building is a bit less central than the current Chambers street building. Reachable, yes, but still much less "central."

Not that lack of "centrality" has to be an impediment. I see lots of Bronx Science students on the #7 train each morning who are clearly able to get to school without the X32. (Yes, I know they go to Bx-Sci because they wear their student ID tags and/or their exams and homework are marked with the school's name.)

The old 15th Street building is a bit less central than the current Chambers street building. Reachable, yes, but still much less "central."

Not that lack of "centrality" has to be an impediment. I see lots of Bronx Science students on the #7 train each morning who are clearly able to get to school without the X32. (Yes, I know they go to Bx-Sci because they wear their student ID tags and/or their exams and homework are marked with the school's name.)

I agree, they can take the subway. And then there's also the cheese bus. The point I'm making here is that: even though our school is NOT centrally located and that 70% of the poeple live in Queens, there are still other transport options that they can use to go to school without having to take the X32. And if you look at the X32, there isn't much of a high ridership. People are more ready to take the cheese bus rather than taking the X32. It's teenager psychology: they got friends on the cheese bus and would like to chat and stuff.

I know. When I was waiting to take pic there of 15:10 X32, s/he left 2 minutes early. I guess B/O pickup behind the Bx22 bus.

When I was at Flushing, X32 B/O did not check if any student going to Bx Science, and s/he just went zoomed by.

When I was by Scared Heart Academy for pic, N66 B/O did not check if this girls need to take that bus, so N66 kept going without stopping!!

He did not pick up behind the Bx22.I was standing there for a half hour and the whole time the bus in question was nowhere to be seen on 205St.He left a couple of mintues early like you said AND the bastard must've picked up somewhere on Goulden Av instead of where he really is supposed to pick up.I'll dig up info on this.A trip to CS is in order.I won't get screwed over again.(1)(A)(C)

He did not pick up behind the Bx22.I was standing there for a half hour and the whole time the bus in question was nowhere to be seen on 205St.He left a couple of mintues early like you said AND the bastard must've picked up somewhere on Goulden Av instead of where he really is supposed to pick up.I'll dig up info on this.A trip to CS is in order.I won't get screwed over again.(1)(A)(C)

Used to take the X32 home in HS (went to American Studies though), it really varies where they pick up at but 90% of the time its on 205th St behind the GH routes layover closer to Goulden (basically across from the main entrance). It's the same kids nearly everyday (in the PM the Oakland Gardens bus was like 6 people) so they know to be outside early because sometimes they do leave early and on one day I recall the OG bus being 45 mins late. Stragglers get picked up at the corner but I have seen B/os pick up on the other side of 205, on Paul, on Goulden etc.

Awful... I could only imagine.

I tried riding this bus today and it passed me on by.I was standing at 205St/Paul Av where the Bx22 and 26 make thier first stop and while a Bx22 was at the stop,here came the X32,5894, and he just kept on going.Plus there were people in it already.So my question is WHERE is the first stop for this bus?I'm still pissed about this.I've never been on the ex NYBS O5's and with this being my only chance,it slipped past me!(1)(A)(C)

The first stop of the X32 is located at 205th Street and Paul Avenue along with the Bx22, Bx25, Bx26. Sometimes buses layover and pick up people behind idle GH buses. Look around 205th Street anytime between 2:45pm-3:50pm. The X32 only runs 3 buses from Bedford Park during school days. I caught a Jamaica Bound X32 about two months ago and it stopped at the corner of 205th Street and Paul Avenue. Only two people got on the bus including myself. Lot of people almost got on the bus thinking that it was a Bx26.

Today, I decided to try out X32, but I miss 14:25 to Oakland Garden because he pickup on opposite by school entrance. I did not understand what B/O said.

Next, I finally boarded Jamaica-bound X32 at 15:50, which was using (MTA) Bus #5896 (ex Green Bus Line Orion V). I was only one on that bus. Even thought it was long ride, I enjoyed it, so I took it all the way to last stop.

Everyone please be ware of school security.

I was confronted by school security for taking legal pic of buses that affected, so after I miss 14:25pm X32 Oakland Garden.

Here was conversation:

Security: Why are you taking pic of bus?

Me: I like bus.

Security: You not suppose to take pic of b/o for their privacy.

Me: I only taking pic of bus.

Cop/Security: Don't take pic OK.

I hike up to GC to take pic while waiting for 15:50 bus.

Around 15:30, I took pic from far angle when NYPD was in sight.

The first stop of the X32 is located at 205th Street and Paul Avenue along with the Bx22, Bx25, Bx26. Sometimes buses layover and pick up people behind idle GH buses. Look around 205th Street anytime between 2:45pm-3:50pm. The X32 only runs 3 buses from Bedford Park during school days. I caught a Jamaica Bound X32 about two months ago and it stopped at the corner of 205th Street and Paul Avenue. Only two people got on the bus including myself. Lot of people almost got on the bus thinking that it was a Bx26.

Was it a O5? Because I fell into that trap as well, until the sign lit up saying X32.

Today, I decided to try out X32, but I miss 14:25 to Oakland Garden because he pickup on opposite by school entrance. I did not understand what B/O said.

Next, I finally boarded Jamaica-bound X32 at 15:50, which was using (MTA) Bus #5896 (ex Green Bus Line Orion V). I was only one on that bus. Even thought it was long ride, I enjoyed it, so I took it all the way to last stop.

Everyone please be ware of school security.

I was confronted by school security for taking legal pic of buses that affected, so after I miss 14:25pm X32 Oakland Garden.

Here was conversation:

Security: Why are you taking pic of bus?

Me: I like bus.

Security: You not suppose to take pic of b/o for their privacy.

Me: I only taking pic of bus.

Cop/Security: Don't take pic OK.

I hike up to GC to take pic while waiting for 15:50 bus.

Around 15:30, I took pic from far angle when NYPD was in sight.

14:25 or 15:25?

I don't understand why a school safety officer care if you took a photo of a bus for...

Neither do I. It's not really part of their "jurisdiction" per se.

Archived