Jamaica Depot and its buses

R44 CNG

Nice pics, I walked by JA Depot before. The depot looks very old. At least they take great care of their RTS (They sent some good 96' RTS to ENY and GA).

Yup they treat their buses well

Excellent photos from Jamaica Bus Depot!

thanx skater dude

Nice catch of the Q89!

Exhaust regeneration???

Thanx..i've never seen this bus because it barely runs

Nice catch of the Q89!

Exhaust regeneration???

The Q89 is interlined between at least 2 operators. I don't know which run or runs handles it earlier in the day. The operator shown, working run 0705, starts his day on the Q7, then the Q9, then takes over the the Q89 starting 1 PM at Rockaway Blvd. and continuing till the end of the service day. You can check the MTA web site for the Q89 timetable.

So contrary to popular belief, one operator and the same bus does not handle the route all day. If that were so, perhaps the #1 man in seniority would pick it?

i see those bus drivers got some nice cars of their own lol nice pics!!

Yup i saw something similar to (K)<R>'s

Very nice photos from Jamaica area, :tup: :P!

Thanx :tup:

Nice pics!

Excellent pics!! Im lovin them RTSs!!!

Excellent shots of my home depot (lol @ home depot), I've never seen Jamaica Depot from the South next to that big peach/green building. A lot of the RTSs are being repainted. Nice Q89 catch, I've actually seen that bus packed once but most of the time it has like 1-10 people.

I'm surprised and glad that they still have enough RTS's since the last time I lived in Queens.

yup they only have Orion VII NG and RTS

Another Depot that like is Queens Village, they still have a nice number of RTS's, also the original Orion 7 OG's with the Green signs.

I thought the orange signs were for MTA Bus and green for other

Excellent shots of my home depot (lol @ home depot), I've never seen Jamaica Depot from the South next to that big peach/green building. A lot of the RTSs are being repainted. Nice Q89 catch, I've actually seen that bus packed once but most of the time it has like 1-10 people.

yup from Q9A to Q89...interesting...N4,Q4,Q84,Q5,Q85,Q9A,Q89-Merrick Blvd

+80

Archived