Dennis Hopper May 17, 1936 – May 29, 2010

Dan05979

The great actor Dennis Hopper has passed away from prostate cancer today May 29. Read more:

hopperobit294.jpg

Dennis Hopper, whose unmistakable presence graced the silver screen for five decades in classics like 'Easy Rider' and 'Apocalypse Now,' died on Saturday after a grueling battle with prostate cancer, a friend of the actor told Reuters. The actor was surrounded by family and friends when he died at his home in Venice, California shortly after 8 AM, according to the friend, Alex Hitz. Hopper was 74.

The actor spent most of 2010 embroiled in a divorce from his fifth wife of 14 years, Victoria Duffy-Hopper. A family friend told The Huffington Post in January that Hopper was "delirious and having difficulty speaking." It was more recently reported that Hopper weighed just barely 100 pounds and was too frail to attend chemotherapy treatments or divorce proceedings

May he RIP.

This is ridiculous. This is the 3rd celebrity death I know of this week (after Paul Gray and Gary Coleman). This is almost like mid-last year when four people died at once (Farah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, and someone else whose name escapes me).

May he RIP.

This is ridiculous. This is the 3rd celebrity death I know of this week (after Paul Gray and Gary Coleman). This is almost like mid-last year when four people died at once (Farah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, and someone else whose name escapes me).

Yup, as the saying goes: 'things comes in 3'. Really sad :P

May he RIP.

TV Personality Ed McMahon. Mr. McMahon was best known as both the oringal 'host' of 'Star Search' (TV's first major talent show contest years before "American Idol') and also as Johnny Carson's co-host when Carson was the legendary host of the "Tonight Show" something Jay Leno watered down.:P

Archived