Next Conductor's Exam

Robert Bosco

Well no word on when the Next C/R or T/O Exam will come out they still working on a list which the Exams was given in 2003. Normally it comes out every 5 Years so with alittle luck maybe the 2008-09 Exam year.

The job itself its alright when I was a C/R I hated it and liked it at the same time. I hated it because station after station you got to deal with making proper announcements and questions from people who can't read or not want to listen to the PA but what an One on one answer. Then you got the door holders messing up your schedule and then when you finally start moving you got to worry about someone spitting or throwing something at you. Then you also got to hope you have a good T/O because if they mess up the C/R is also involied since your in charge of the train.

The Pro's the job is less physical work compared to T/O. When the train is moving the C/R's job is just to observe the customers. The C/R also always stays on board the train while the T/O may have to walk the tracks to trouble shoot problems under the train.

I liked being a C/R for the most part because I made the job work for me. I did everything above being on time and without injury.

The job to the average person seems easy but trust me its not for everyone its not about just opening and closing doors its also about keeping a tight schedule and troubleshoot problems in a timely matter and working together with your Train Operator. Its also about being courtous to the Customers no matter how trying it is sometimes.

Well no word on when the Next C/R or T/O Exam will come out they still working on a list which the Exams was given in 2003. Normally it comes out every 5 Years so with alittle luck maybe the 2008-09 Exam year.

The job itself its alright when I was a C/R I hated it and liked it at the same time. I hated it because station after station you got to deal with making proper announcements and questions from people who can't read or not want to listen to the PA but what an One on one answer. Then you got the door holders messing up your schedule and then when you finally start moving you got to worry about someone spitting or throwing something at you. Then you also got to hope you have a good T/O because if they mess up the C/R is also involied since your in charge of the train.

The Pro's the job is less physical work compared to T/O. When the train is moving the C/R's job is just to observe the customers. The C/R also always stays on board the train while the T/O may have to walk the tracks to trouble shoot problems under the train.

I liked being a C/R for the most part because I made the job work for me. I did everything above being on time and without injury.

The job to the average person seems easy but trust me its not for everyone its not about just opening and closing doors its also about keeping a tight schedule and troubleshoot problems in a timely matter and working together with your Train Operator. Its also about being courtous to the Customers no matter how trying it is sometimes.

Wow, i always assumed that the T/O was in charge of the train...thanks for that info.

You would think that since 98% of the time Control center always wants to talk to the T/O but its the C/R. If the T/O messes up and the C/R don't report it the C/R is also charged with the incident.

It's probably so much easier to operate the Franklin Av (S)..you're only looking out for yourself!!

I'm just waiting for the exam, whenever it's announced I'd love to take it. But in the mean time, what exactly goes down on test day (yes, I've got my passbook)? If you get called, then what? What if I'm under 18 when I take the test, how does that work? Do they wait for me to hit 18 and then call me?

I'm just waiting for the exam, whenever it's announced I'd love to take it. But in the mean time, what exactly goes down on test day (yes, I've got my passbook)? If you get called, then what? What if I'm under 18 when I take the test, how does that work? Do they wait for me to hit 18 and then call me?
They don't wait. You MUST be 18 by date of hire. If you're not, you lose.

Archived