Bx4 caught using West Farms Orion 7 CNG

mark1447

I caught just now an Orion 7 CNG West Farms on the Bx4 about 30min ago at Westchester Ave/Fox Street while on the (2) / (5) Shuttle Bus Service.

Why is the Bx4 running a WF O-7 instead of GH D60? (Sry no bus numbers, couldn't see but the bus was in service)

I caught just now an Orion 7 CNG West Farms on the Bx4 about 30min ago at Westchester Ave/Fox Street while on the (2) / (5) Shuttle Bus Service.

Why is the Bx4 running a WF O-7 instead of GH D60? (Sry no bus numbers, couldn't see but the bus was in service)

I believe that you're telling the truth, and this is why: Because of construction on the #6 (rebuilding of stations), the Bx4 operates as a four-stop service late at night between West Farms Square and Morrison/Sound View Avenues. It makes sense for those late night runs to be out of West Farms because it is closer.

But what would have made more sense is to extend late-night Bx27 service to West Farms Square, alternating with those Bx4 shuttles, or at least until the rebuild extends to Elder and St. Lawrence Avenues.

West Farms only has the late night Bx4.

I believe that you're telling the truth, and this is why: Because of construction on the #6 (rebuilding of stations), the Bx4 operates as a four-stop service late at night between West Farms Square and Morrison/Sound View Avenues. It makes sense for those late night runs to be out of West Farms because it is closer.

But what would have made more sense is to extend late-night Bx27 service to West Farms Square, alternating with those Bx4 shuttles, or at least until the rebuild extends to Elder and St. Lawrence Avenues.

West Farms only has the late night Bx4.

Im confused tho, why would the Bx4 need to go to East Tremont if it can just run up to West Farms Road Terminal and allow Pelham Riders from those station to connect with the WPR? Unless theres something im not getting.

For the Bx27, id extend it instead of keeping it to Soundviews ave/Westchester.

Im confused tho, why would the Bx4 need to go to East Tremont if it can just run up to West Farms Road Terminal and allow Pelham Riders from those station to connect with the WPR? Unless theres something im not getting.

For the Bx27, id extend it instead of keeping it to Soundviews ave/Westchester.

To me, the Bx27 should be extended, stopping at those four stops only after Morrison Avenue going to/from West Farms (Elder, Whitlock, and West Farms Road) until the overnight construction is complete.

The reason now is because the Pelham Line stations are being rebuilt, requiring wholesale station closures.

Archived