A new phone

R160

Nope, not crappy, nor defective, just a phone that is pre-paid, but service for T-Mobile is much more terrible than Cingular/AT&T Go-Phone. Don't ever think about T-Mobile!

Nope, the T-Mobile phone I used 3 years ago is actually an okay phone (not the best but not the worst and not chep (50 bucks), but the service sucks in Forest Hills Garden area, and I have to walk to Queens Blvd. to get better signal and less dropped calls. AT&T is great in my neighborhood, as for Verizon, it is NYC's Ultimate Carrier...

That phone is cheap. Get a different phone and it'll probably work better

And don't be biased against T-Mobile because of this one case.

Verizon sucks.

This argument is really gonna help me make my choice so keep it going :)

No, this crap bickering about service providers will get this thread locked.

You want to argue about service providers take it via PM or get a room.

I switched to AT&T so I did get a new phone.

And don't be biased against Verizon, because of no reason...

T-Mobile sucks...

So now I bet that new phone doesn't have problems.

Not biased against Verizon for no reason. I know someone with Verizon. Bad reception and a raped phone bill :)

That's your opinion. Can't change that, now can I?

No, this crap bickering about service providers will get this thread locked.

You want to argue about service providers take it via PM or get a room.

It's not an argument, it's a debate

The thing with Verizon is that their service is good but there's always issues with your bill...you gotta stay on their ass about it. Other than that Verizon is good. HOWEVER, due to my infatuation with the iPhone (lol) I'll go with AT&T...their calls drop less than T-Mobile's and Sprint's! :tdown:

At&T is the best! I believe Cingular merged with AT&T a few years ago.

But guess what? This change is stupid. Why? They're ridding themselves of the $30 a month Unlimited plan

No one i know uses or needs unlimited, plus if you currently have unlimited, you can keep it for life.

2 gigs is a lot of data, so much so that it's usually a cap for dsl and cable providers on their lower tiers.

- A

No one i know uses or needs unlimited, plus if you currently have unlimited, you can keep it for life.

2 gigs is a lot of data, so much so that it's usually a cap for dsl and cable providers on their lower tiers.

- A

Yeah, current users.

Let's say I wanted an iPhone. Go out, get it. Only problem: I download alot of data. So now with this change, I'm screwed.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

What is so great about iphone its basicaly a "glorified" ipod touch that you can call from and has video and a cammera and PMessnger.

Yeah it does, if you don't mind using it at mind dribbling EDGE speeds.

Not necessarily. Just don't update the baseband when you update the firmware / jailbreak in the future.

Well, the thing is Jailbreaking viods the warrenty depending on Phone Manufacturer and Cell Phone Service Company, so that is why I don't recommend it until the warrenty expires because certain phones gives you lots of problems, :P...

Hence why you do it at your own risk. If you know what you're doing, then you have little of a chance to brick your phone. And even if you do, you should always know how to recover.

Not necessarily. Just don't update the baseband when you update the firmware / jailbreak in the future.

But why the heck should I have to jailbreak the iPhone and void any hopes of any kind of warranty just to use it on a different network?

Heck, my T-Mobile phone is SIM locked right now but T-Mobile gives the unlock code away for free :P

Archived