The (Q) Train Today

While out today I only saw 3-4 sets of R68/R68As on the (Q) And and rest were R160s. Can anyone tell me why that happened today? And also 3 R160s sets that was layed up in Astoria was in service on the (N)(Q) Lines today. Whats going on?

I think (Q) is best with R160s. Normally, its 1/2 R160 and R68, and i think in 6/27 of the budget cuts, it will get off the (W) and the (Q) might be fully R160s. R160s are the best on the (Q), R68s not alot its better on the (B) and (D)

While out today I only saw 3-4 sets of R68/R68As on the (Q) And and rest were R160s. Can anyone tell me why that happened today? And also 3 R160s sets that was layed up in Astoria was in service on the (N)(Q) Lines today. Whats going on?

Did you ever happen to think that today was a Sunday Schedule?:P

Yea nothing special sometimes the (Q) has more 160's and sometimes it has more shitcans.You're just not a daily (Q) rider everyday so it amused u not seeing as much shitcans on the (Q) than usual.

o_O :cry:

The (Q) is one of the longest distance trains. I think it should stick with R68a. Those new trains feel too cramped for a ride from Manhattan to South Brooklyn/Coney Island. Going out to Coney on the older (Q), with those scenic old railroad tracks, feels like riding the Long Island Railroad/Metro North...which is cool. The new trains feel more "Subwayish."

Let the R68/R68As dominate the (Q)!:P:tup:

:tup: Yes! Its fine the way it is!

This is the last Broadway line with older trains. If they get rid of it the whole entire Broadway lines will all be "new." (Well, besides the R).

:cry: My beloved (Q), don't change!

o_O :cry:

The (Q) is one of the longest distance trains. I think it should stick with R68a. Those new trains feel too cramped for a ride from Manhattan to South Brooklyn/Coney Island. Going out to Coney on the older (Q), with those scenic old railroad tracks, feels like riding the Long Island Railroad/Metro North...which is cool. The new trains feel more "Subwayish."

No, the (A)(D)(F)(2) are long distance lines. Sure sending the (Q) to Astoria will add to its length, but it doesn't make it that long.

As an everyday rider of the (Q), I can tell you that this is not unusual. Somedays, I'll see more R - 68s than R - 160s, and other days vice versa. Like today, all the (Q)s I rode were R - 68s. Sometimes, even for a week, I'll ride on only R - 160s.

No, the (A)(D)(F)(2) are long distance lines. Sure sending the (Q) to Astoria will add to its length, but it doesn't make it that long.

I actually meant a point from Manhattan to an outer borough (like how a person going to work/school would ride), not the whole route. I know from Manhattan to Brooklyn, the (Q) ride feels looong, xD...it feels longer than even the (D). that outside portion of the track makes me feel like I'm on the PA turnpike, like it can go on forever...

Doesn't matter much to me. They're both trains and as long as the roof does not collapse or the thing doesn't breakdown during the middle of the run, I'm fine. However though, I do have to admit that the bucket seats are much more preferable compared to the benches on the R160s.

If not for the placement of the 'lump' then that bench seat would be much better. Overall I would still prefer bench seats over bucket seats because when it gets crowded, the only space left would be to sit on the divider, and that's not a plesant ride. Those bucket seats are just too small.

Archived