why are 98xx and 99xx at JG

Calvin

They came from CP and WF (whoever had them last), to help get rid of the older Orion Vs. (If I'm right on that one) JG will probably receive the newer Orion Vs as CP gets their NGs.

Wait I thought JG was getting the first round of CNG NG's?????

College Point really doesn't even need new buses!

If you ask me SC should be taken off the CNG roster all together...since they no longer use CNG for express and they only have 2 local runs and those are split with the OG's...I would just make SC a express bus depot like YON and move the B100 and B103 to FP, FLA, or UP

If I were at Zerega, this is what I would do:

(7900-8034, or 7850-7984)

1. WF 35

2. JG 25

3. CP 25

4. SC 25

5. LIB 25

I disagree, College Point does need some new buses, the suburbans/express suburbans & a majority of the 9xxx buses are near death.

You havent look at their fleet lately... Some of their buses are about to die soon since there is maintenance cut backs.

But they aren't running that bad are they? I thought they were just cosmetic issues.

If you ask me SC should be taken off the CNG roster all together...since they no longer use CNG for express and they only have 2 local runs and those are split with the OG's...I would just make SC a express bus depot like YON and move the B100 and B103 to FP, FLA, or UP

The only reason I say SC is to rotate those hybrids to say, JFK and BPK, then SC would be set on buses for the next 10 to 15 years.

I disagree, College Point does need some new buses, the suburbans/express suburbans & a majority of the 9xxx buses are near death.

Ok, I didn't know they were that bad off. I figured they could last till WF and JG got theirs.

Ok, I didn't know they were that bad off. I figured they could last till WF and JG got theirs.

I can see the Express buses going first (god I wish they didnt). The local ones are pretty torn up and they have been breaking down a lot more lately. Last I heard, College Point was getting up to 40-50 buses.

I can see the Express buses going first (god I wish they didnt). The local ones are pretty torn up and they have been breaking down a lot more lately. Last I heard, College Point was getting up to 40-50 buses.

Yeah, I heard 45 buses a piece for WF, JG, and CP.

Yeah the ones at LIB are breaking down too, I saw 1638 getting towed today. I gather the Orion V CNG over there have the same frame rust issues as well. I was on a 99xx series last year it seemed to run pretty good though, much better than the LIB ones. Too bad, I'll miss the Orion V but they are getting old and tired.;)

Yeah the ones at LIB are breaking down too, I saw 1638 getting towed today. I gather the Orion V CNG over there have the same frame rust issues as well. I was on a 99xx series last year it seemed to run pretty good though, much better than the LIB ones. Too bad, I'll miss the Orion V but they are getting old and tired.;)

All buses break down....I don't think you can see the frame of a bus.

Yeah, I heard 45 buses a piece for WF, JG, and CP.

45 more CNG's for WF - They're either going to lose some of those OG CNG's to CP, JG and SC or they're on their way to becoming 100% CNG (excluding the Artics) losing not only the O5 CNG's but most RTSs and/or Diesel O5's...

45 more CNG's for WF - They're either going to lose some of those OG CNG's to CP, JG and SC or they're on their way to becoming 100% CNG (excluding the Artics) losing not only the O5 CNG's but most RTSs and/or Diesel O5's...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not my og cng's or my orion 5 cngs or the orions i love those buses i dont want them to go :cry::cry:

All buses break down....I don't think you can see the frame of a bus.

Well a driver told me they are starting to have frame issues. I can tell you even the 1600s have a huge rust problem just below the windshield, I really dont know what its from.

Yeah the ones at LIB are breaking down too, I saw 1638 getting towed today. I gather the Orion V CNG over there have the same frame rust issues as well. I was on a 99xx series last year it seemed to run pretty good though, much better than the LIB ones. Too bad, I'll miss the Orion V but they are getting old and tired.:P

The ones at Rockville centre are doing great, they are not that bad, they are 1997 and 1998 models, I hope they send the ZF- Orion VII CNG's from WF to LIB, I love those damn buses, that would be a good replacement.

The ones at Rockville centre are doing great, they are not that bad, they are 1997 and 1998 models, I hope they send the ZF- Orion VII CNG's from WF to LIB, I love those damn buses, that would be a good replacement.

Yeah I dont get on RVC routes much, except for the N35, which I think is split. It'd be nice to have those WF Orion 7 CNG over here. :P

If I were at Zerega, this is what I would do:

(7900-8034, or 7850-7984)

1. WF 35

2. JG 25

3. CP 25

4. SC 25

5. LIB 25

West Farms is NOT slated to get any of this order (as far as I know). The reason why is because West Farms just got those Orion VII CNGs (even though it was 7 years ago, they have a larger amount).

Only College Point, Jackie Gleason and Spring Creek. I would think Long Island Bus would get in on this too. Then again, the MTA will make the right call.

West Farms is NOT slated to get any of this order (as far as I know). The reason why is because West Farms just got those Orion VII CNGs (even though it was 7 years ago, they have a larger amount).

Only College Point, Jackie Gleason and Spring Creek. I would think Long Island Bus would get in on this too. Then again, the MTA will make the right call.

The above list is just what I would do, but I was told WF would be getting some. Maybe none from the base order, but they will be getting some. I think they need them to replace the RTS' which should go to LGA, and some of the OG CNG's should go to CP.

I dunno how different the OGs are compared to the NGs, but I would probably say it would be best CP only gets the NGs and leave the OGs at WF.

The first lot of OG CNG's are Detroit Diesel powered, and some of them are not aging well, whereas the newer OG CNG's are Cummins powered. The difference between the OG and NG/3G is explained in the Orion 7 sticky thread. I think the older ones should be sent over to CP until they get 3G's.

Archived