why are 98xx and 99xx at JG

Calvin

The first lot of OG CNG's are Detroit Diesel powered, and some of them are not aging well, whereas the newer OG CNG's are Cummins powered. The difference between the OG and NG/3G is explained in the Orion 7 sticky thread. I think the older ones should be sent over to CP until they get 3G's.

That is something I would hate to see.

You maybe tired of seeing it, but the least bus type at certain depots = better for mainenance overall as in less parts to have on hand.

That is why I still feel that WF should keep their OGs and CP keep their O5s till it is time to retire them. Let the NGs displace the diesels at WF and CNG O5s at CP gradually.

You maybe tired of seeing it, but the least bus type at certain depots = better for mainenance overall as in less parts to have on hand.

That is why I still feel that WF should keep their OGs and CP keep their O5s till it is time to retire them. Let the NGs displace the diesels at WF and CNG O5s at CP gradually.

I see what you are saying, but maintenance is not always an issue due to the fact that we have CMF's and the CP operators and maintenance are going to have to train on the O7's eventually. True one model type is always better for maintenance, but its not that big of an issue, and like I said they will be getting O7's anyway.

They can use a NG hybrid to train on since that should be more similar than the OG CNG bus. That said I don't think it is necessary to move the OG CNGs to CP since WF will get their NG CNGs along with CP. So it's best to not move as many buses around when there's no need to.

The diesel buses will just be moved out and the O5 CNGs will be retired. Those are the main moves I think are needed.

They can use a NG hybrid to train on since that should be more similar than the OG CNG bus. That said I don't think it is necessary to move the OG CNGs to CP since WF will get their NG CNGs along with CP. So it's best to not move as many buses around when there's no need to.

The diesel buses will just be moved out and the O5 CNGs will be retired. Those are the main moves I think are needed.

Shiet, have them bump some of those OGs to Spring Creek and have them bump their Vs to CP!

I'm not so sure; an NG CNG has a transmission. But I wonder if a 17xx could be fitted with convex mirrors and be used for training.

45 more CNG's for WF - They're either going to lose some of those OG CNG's to CP, JG and SC or they're on their way to becoming 100% CNG (excluding the Artics) losing not only the O5 CNG's but most RTSs and/or Diesel O5's...

If West Farms gets sent all of the O7 CNGs from Gleason, combined with the Bx15 joining the Bx19 as an artic route, that should be enough to push out all of the non-O7 rigids. The O5 diesels could go to Stengel, and the others to storage or retirement.

Archived