An up-close look at the 2nd Ave Subway

firstmccmatt

i LOVE rachel maddow! me and my girlfriend saw her standing outside NBC studios one night at around 11pm. she was so dressed like a boy that i wasnt quite sure it was her but considering it was a little over an hour after her 9pm show was finished and i heard her voice talking on a cellphone i knew it was her

Yikes, a SAS coversation becoming a Rachel Maddow coversation?!? Maybe this forum could be called the NYC Random Forum, lol XD...

Yeah, this is really the epitome of random. It must be sheer coincidence that the news article was written by her, but of course that has nothing to do with the actual discussion about her now does it...

Well, the actual discussion looks awkward and a bit inappropriate for discussion, was expecting some real discussion about SAS, not about a TV personality, ...

AMEN! Let's try to keep it about the SAS and NOT about people or their sexual preferences. Yes, Rachel Maddow is butch... Woop-dee-doo!

Anyway, back to the actual topic at hand. I thought it was really cool that the tunnel boring machine is basically a big inchworm with a lot of drills on it. I'm such a geek.

...and you won't find any men in -her- apartment!

No men unless you count her...

I still don't think it will open anytime soon. It's just a matter of time before they stop work, maybe with the next 2 years.

Agreed about the progress, but what about the Archer Avenue and 63rd Street lines that opened in 1988 and 1989?

The Archer segement has done nothing but deteriorate ever since it was built. Seems like really shoddy construction work given how young those segments are. 63rd-Lex would look real good when that fake wall is taken down so the other side of the platform can be used for service.

I use the Sutphin Blvd station on the Archer Ave. Line quite frequently and one thing has always startled me: the leaks from the ceiling...when it hasn't rained for days. I could only imagine what is leaking from that ceiling...

I use the Sutphin Blvd station on the Archer Ave. Line quite frequently and one thing has always startled me: the leaks from the ceiling...when it hasn't rained for days. I could only imagine what is leaking from that ceiling...

You and every other person in that station is trespassing in an abandon station.

Heh that's nothing...my friend told me that the Queensbridge - 21st Street station was vandalized before it ever saw service.

As for the Archer Avenue stations, I agree that they look shot. It's funny how some of the older stations that didn't undergo renovation yet look ten to a hundred times better than the Archer Avenue stations, or any new station for that matter. Hell, the old South Ferry was (and probably still is) ten times better looking than the new South Ferry station is.

Archived