More R46s on the F lately?

firstmccmatt

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Why not have the (R) run all R160's, too? Until the 179's come in, the (E) and (F) can't be all NTT. Therefore have the (F) be half and half. Just my dream I guess. (E)160 (F)160/46 (G)46 ®160 Broadway would look sweet with all 160's on the (N)(Q)(R). I'm an NTT guy. Makes since to me.

And I do agree the (C) should eventually get R46s, but where else can the R32s run besides the (C)? I know you've been pretty adamant against them being on the (A) because of the various terminals.

I still feel all the R32s should be consolidated to one-two yards. *

When it is time to retire the R32s, the (C) by then should be 10-car trains and then gradually running R46s at the same time.

*I do agree about the (:P though. I wished the (G) was based from CI yard so that line's R46s can be freed up to go to Pitkin. That could allow the (:) to take back some R32s.

But now the (W) is going the cars from that line might go to the (N)/(Q) then more 2000/5000 sets would be going to the (B) line and that 32 might go somewhere 207 or pitken yard

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Why not have the (R) run all R160's, too? Until the 179's come in, the (E) and (F) can't be all NTT. Therefore have the (F) be half and half. Just my dream I guess. (E)160 (F)160/46 (G)46 ®160 Broadway would look sweet with all 160's on the (N)(Q)(R). I'm an NTT guy. Makes since to me.

The (R) is fine as it is. NTTs can't be on every single line so quit dreaming. When the R179s come in let's see what happens but it's a dead issue.

(FTR, nothing's special about NTTs anyway. They're just ridden with computer junk inside them and that's it.)

The (R) is fine as it is. NTTs can't be on every single line so quit dreaming. When the R179s come in let's see what happens but it's a dead issue.

(FTR, nothing's special about NTTs anyway. They're just ridden with computer junk inside them and that's it.)

Junk if the computer doesn't work properly or not at all.

Junk if the computer doesn't work properly or not at all.

Yeah the signs freeze even though that's minor.

People NEED to stop :drool:ing over subway cars and find something to do with their spare time (either they have too much time on their hands or not enough of it).

-I was referring to doors per car which all B division cars has the same amount of cars.Per car not trainset so my math is correct.You just jumped the gun and was thinking trainset instead of car.

-I know they wanted the 160's but they should had complained like they always do and go downtown.Thats Jamaica's fault for not properly maintaining their cars so basically Jamaica is saying f**k them.

-Thats not right the (4) had 62's not 62A's.The (6) had 62A's.And the (4) was never supposed to get R142/A it was the politics reason.

-If you are referring to me you need to relax and think about what people are talking about twice.

Hold up young blood, seems to be some sort of miscommunication with that first and last one.

When you said that each B division car had the same amount of doors per car, that arguement wouldnt make sense because when you put those cars together, you have different door amounts in total.

The (4) was one of the last of the lines to get the NTTs because that line was getting a mixed batch, those R62s WITH the rare R62As they had went over to the (3) but then soon moved those R62As over to the (7) and some to the (1) with a few left for shuttle service. It was NEVER politics because they were originally going to ship over those R142/As over to the (3) when it was a part time line, and the (4) was a more demanding line at that time. Plus the (4) gets bigger crowds than the (3) and thats why they decided to ship those cars over to the (4) instead....

I just wonder who keeps telling you stuff like this because they got it twisted, once again, get them facts straight!

People NEED to stop :drool:ing over subway cars and find something to do with their spare time (either they have too much time on their hands or not enough of it).

I've been wanting to ask this for a while but why do you feel the need to tell people to stop foaming over the R160's? Nobody's stopping you from foaming on the R40's or the R32's, so who are you to go at people who like these cars? It's not the end of the world if they prefer a R160 to a R46. To most people, a train is a train. If you don't like it, don't ride it. It's really that simple. :tup:

But now the (W) is going the cars from that line might go to the (N)/(Q) then more 2000/5000 sets would be going to the (B) line and that 32 might go somewhere 207 or pitken yard

The loss of the (W) won't free up 'that' many trains, but it could probably push out the last R32 set from CI yard and maybe* allow for an extra (B) train to run.

*just my guess, don't make anything more of it.

I've been wanting to ask this for a while but why do you feel the need to tell people to stop foaming over the R160's? Nobody's stopping you from foaming on the R40's or the R32's, so who are you to go at people who like these cars? It's not the end of the world if they prefer a R160 to a R46.

First off, I'm not a foamer, so don't generalize. I have favorites but it gets ludicrous with these makeshift dreams of what we want to see runs where. We passengers really don't have any control over that.

To most people, a train is a train. If you don't like it, don't ride it. It's really that simple. :tup:

THAT'S the response I was looking for!

First off, I'm not a foamer, so don't generalize. I have favorites but it gets ludicrous with these makeshift dreams of what we want to see runs where. We passengers really don't have any control over that.

Pshhh, this coming from the dude who had "R40 SLANTS ARE THE BEST!!" or something like that in his signature for the past several months/year. Sign of foamer foamage right there! B)

You think we don't know that? C'mon now! I got some news for you, ALL OF US IN HERE ARE FOAMERS! The fact that we come here day after day to talk about buses and trains makes us foamers because we have this as a hobby and we come to a website devoted to the hobby to discuss what we know, love and what we have experienced with transit. I'm with you when you say that we have our favorites because it's true, but no one is wrong for liking what they like. The new stuff may not be like the old but it's not supposed to be. It's supposed to be it's own thing, for good or bad. You don't want anyone knocking you for liking what you like, so don't do the same thing to others. B)

Pshhh, this coming from the dude who had "R40 SLANTS ARE THE BEST!!" or something like that in his signature for the past several months/year. Sign of foamer foamage right there! B)

I have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about :cool:

You think we don't know that? C'mon now! I got some news for you, ALL OF US IN HERE ARE FOAMERS! The fact that we come here day after day to talk about buses and trains makes us foamers because we have this as a hobby and we come to a website devoted to the hobby to discuss what we know, love and what we have experienced with transit. I'm with you when you say that we have our favorites because it's true, but no one is wrong for liking what they like. The new stuff may not be like the old but it's not supposed to be. It's supposed to be it's own thing, for good or bad. You don't want anyone knocking you for liking what you like, so don't do the same thing to others. B)

You know, I can't argue with you that one bit. There have been moments when I see something and I excited and...*gulp* foam B)

Man you should see me when the Orion 5 CNG make that sneezing release sound! B)

All in all you're 100% correct. The only thing I hate is when people bash old things like it's some form of a disease, like it kills them to be in something old. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don't like the anti-SMEE or anti-NTT bashing. If I've made biased comments in the past, which I'm sure I've done then I sincerely apologize.

I have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about :cool:

You know, I can't argue with you that one bit. There have been moments when I see something and I excited and...*gulp* foam B)

All in all you're 100% correct. The only thing I hate is when people bash old things like it's some form of a disease, like it kills them to be in something old. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don't like the anti-SMEE or anti-NTT bashing. If I've made biased comments in the past, which I'm sure I've done then I sincerely apologize.

It's quite alright man and I want to be on the record as saying that I have nothing against you at all LRG. We have the right to like and not like what we do, as long as we are respectable in our opinions, because that's the majority of what's being said in here anyway, we'll be fine, all of us. It's all good. B)

The 46's & 160's have the same amount of doors its just the NTT's have wider doors which is another reason why R142/A went to the (4).These (E) riders get on my nerves.Shit I rather have a '75 car than a '60 b\c more seats and the (E) has high ridership.And those people wanted new trains which is another reason why the older equipment is gone.I can't believe them.

The R32s and the R160s have the same door widths, IINM. Only on the A Division do the NTTs have wider doors than the older trains. Also, the 75' cars have more seats but you have 2 less cars in a train, meaning that you have two less cars full of seats. Also, 75 foot cars have less standing room since the seats take up more space. So the overall load evens out. Either way, the older equipment would've been gone so it's pointless to blame (E) riders.

Putting R40s/42s on the (C) was a huge mistake in itself. Getting rid of the 40Ms instead of the 42s first was also dumb...aesthetically and mechanically the 42s were inferior to the 40Ms...I ike the 42s but if they're going to be around for another five years they need a fixup and fast!!!

Putting R40s/R42s on the (C) would not have been a mistake had the (MTA) done it right. If they had installed conductor boards they would not have had to move the car markers in each station, meaning that riders would not have to run so much to catch their train.

I have not see a 160 on the (R) in a long time i guess the (E)(F) has them again

They still run a lot on the (R) and (V). I saw one on the (V) this morning and one on the (R) yesterday.

Point taken, but there's a difference between a casual railfan and a foamer.

:tup::tup::tup:

Archived