Is there a possible R-142 (7) Test Train this summer?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

No,the R188s are brand new cars Plus some converted R142As from either the (4) or the (6) to run on the (7)in 2016 when the CBTC system will be finished and the train arrival time boards are put up. From Kawasaki=R142As and R188s.

Not just that, but why would you make just one more train of R110A's? Also, the R142A's don't look that much different from the R110A on the outside. Same difference, really.

Some people are just too obsessed about certain train types. I mean other than the interior layout - which I think sucks cuz it isn't uniformed and sticks out 'randomly', there's really no redeeming qualities about the R110A. The R142 is basically the same thing.

Why waste $ to rebuild 10 cars when the MTA is already ordering a bunch of new cars that are compatible with the r142As?

The R110As are dead, there's no point to bring them back - so leave them dead. The only way they are running is if they are towed by a diesel engine for some fan trip.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Or somehow get miraculosly towed to the plant to get new motor trucks.

Lets not get off-topic about the R-110A because it is in Hibernation mode, as I also want this thread to be opened in case someone spotted a R-142 on the Corona (in service or oos)...

Hibernate? Its dead.

No one did see a R142 on the 7 today. Wait for someone who actually seen a R142 on the 7 when it show up. You too excited already, MegaBus?

Well, in my opinion, hibernate means not scrapped, dead = scrapped...

Do yourself a favor since you really do not know these words: hibernate, scrap, dead.... go to dictionary.com for god shakes and use it correctly in a post.

And I want information about a possible R-142 Test on the (7), if you have no information, don't post and call me excited because this is a rumour in the railfan community for a while now and I am waiting for it to show up on the (7), I'd also like info from any (MTA) employee that knows it is a possibility, B)...

For god shakes, if you really want the information then go to that source that someone post that out and make a replied to it. A lot of people know it by now with the release of R188 info come in light , yet a few people including you (MegaBus) posting some obvious question in which it is still too early to answer.

Again, you too excited. you might as well sleep or live along the 7 line to search for the R142 for your quest...

I do go to M-W and dictionary.com but the R-110 is just retired and sitting there, so it is hibernating for now, or in a coma, and I can say whatever I want as long as it is not violating the forum rule so deal with it!

HA HA, you still dont know the word means. You love make up sh!t over and over and over again.

Well, if you can't answer something don't post or answer and say some stuff, stop looking like a genius, the might be able to answer it, but their T/O and C/R are busy everyday so this thread is pending for them to come here and possibly answer it okay sir, !

You know why they cant answer on this topic? You obviously have to wait since you really not patient enough to wait. Again, the rumors or facts are already discuss to death. Feel free too look at it, since you should really take a sweet time to look at deeply.

I don't live along the line but am a frequent rider, it is the closest IRT route to my home and I ride it almost everytime I go home so FYI, I ride the at least once a month, but this question is not answerable by you, me or any original railfan, only railfans who are 'insiders' and employees, !

So what? Thats your personal issue. You need to control yourself with all this stupid excitement on R142 car on the 7 line which is bound to happen in the future.

HA HA, you still dont know the word means. You love make up sh!t over and over and over again.

You know why they cant answer on this topic? You obviously have to wait since you really not patient enough to wait. Again, the rumors or facts are already discuss to death. Feel free too look at it, since you should really take a sweet time to look at deeply.

So what? Thats your personal issue. You need to control yourself with all this stupid excitement on R142 car on the 7 line which is bound to happen in the future.

Replies in Blue...

Do yourself a favor since you really do not know these words: hibernate, scrap, dead.... go to dictionary.com for god shakes and use it correctly in a post.

For god shakes, if you really want the information then go to that source that someone post that out and make a replied to it. A lot of people know it by now with the release of R188 info come in light , yet a few people including you (MegaBus) posting some obvious question in which it is still too early to answer.

Again, you too excited. you might as well sleep or live along the 7 line to search for the R142 for your quest...

Are you all like 4 years old? Cut it already:mad: Let's stay on topic.

I heard that the 142s had clearance issues in the Steinway Tubes.

why would you want 142s on the 7? the 7 is fine with the R62A

They want to implement CBTC on the (7) - just like on the (L). Only the NTT can be equipped with those computers. I'm not sure it is possible or worth it to equip them on the R62As. That's why there's the need for the R188s so they can run 11-car trains on the (7).

I personally would wish they just replaced the damn tubes with new wider modern ones so they can run B division cars on the (7) and avoid the need for odd numbered trains and having an isolated fleet from the mainline.

In a way I personally do hope the test of that R142A set [if it is there now] fails.

Archived