R40s and R42s on the A line

trainfan22

Out of all the R38 Cars i've seen, 3968 and 3969 have the cleanest roofs. No rust at all. I've seen less R38 cars on the A and C lines now, they are being mixed in with R32 sets. But I'm not exactly sure if they are getting scrapped already.

I cant believe the Slants and Mods are leaving the Southern BMT. Im going to miss those bad boys on the (:)(N)&(W):). I hope my R68s/R68A's remain:D

I think the mods are staying on the (B) until 2010 or something like that.Its just the slants that are moving to the (A) line.

well it depends, if the B is getting the R68's on the D, then it won't be that slow, but if their getting the R68's from the N/Q and the R68A's, then oh god...

I ride the R68As on the (Q) line everyday.For the last time they are not slow.The R68/As on the (N) line have good speed too.Have you ever rode an R68 (N) train between 36 st and pacific street?The R68s move on that run they aleast hit 45-50 mph.The R68/A do have good speed.

I ride the R68As on the (Q) line everyday.For the last time they are not slow.The R68/As on the (N) line have good speed too.Have you ever rode an R68 (N) train between 36 st and pacific street?The R68s move on that run they aleast hit 45-50 mph.The R68/A do have good speed.
I agree. It has been said several times that the R68 and R68A can achieve high speeds:

Look here:

http://talk.nycsubway.org/perl/read?subtalk=100320

The person that made that post works with the Car Equipment division of NYC Transit, and he knows what he states because he has worked with those cars.

It does feel like if its slower, but you cant really tell unless you

#1. Take a R68 (N) or (W) through the 60th street tunnel

#2. Hop on a R68 Train that gives you a very smooth ride. Sometimes you cant even tell if its going fast or slow.

#3. Ride the 4th Ave Express on a R68 (D) or(N) Train

#4. Ride the Brighton Line On A R68 (:) Train ( If you are lucky to catch it )

I would say CPW as well but....sometimes they have their problems.

What R40 Slants going to the (A)? If your talking about the sets that moved to Pitkin, it was because CIY was running out of space and Pitkin had the space so they took them in.

Now, maybe if a T/O can re-clarify on this, it would be great help. Thats what I heard a few months ago.

What R40 Slants going to the (A)? If your talking about the sets that moved to Pitkin, it was because CIY was running out of space and Pitkin had the space so they took them in.

Now, maybe if a T/O can re-clarify on this, it would be great help. Thats what I heard a few months ago.

My soures tell me that when the R44s are getting their little overhaul.The R40 slants will take their place on the (A) line.

R40s?! On The (A) ?!

I'm sorry but as must respect I have for those cars, they do deserve a better line instead of the (A)

R40s on the (A) would be great.Have you ever rode an train out in the flats out in far rocaway?those R32/38 and R44s go aleast 50 to 55 mph on that run.R40s are gonna be awsome on that run.

Archived