R40s and R42s on the A line

trainfan22

Thank you for this information trainspot. Like trainfan22, I am also wondering what type of propulsion will the R179s have. Will they have a mix like the R160s Siemens and Alstom Onix?

That's the thing they are trying to figure out. Most likely (since Kawasaki is building them) it will have the Siemens. But we will find out.

The R44 will not be getting the overhaul previously stated because MTA has purchased option 2 of the R160 order (which is the R179). Because of this order and the other R160 orders, MTA felt it would be best to do minor repairs. With the R160, they are only replacing the R38. The R32 will remain on the (A), (C), and (E) lines. The R40S/R40M will replace the (A) and ©'s R38s until the R160 order will be delivered. Some R68A will replace the (A) until the R179 is delivered in 2009.

First of all, the R32's are going to Jamaica, serving the (E) and occasionally the (F) and (R).

Second, the R68 and R68A will replace the (:P line. The (A) are getting R40M and R42s because the R160 order is accelerating. These trains will transfer in May. Half of the slants will go to Bikini Bottom with Spongebob and his friends. So enjoy the ride while you can.

This is Phase I and are run usually on the (E), (F) and (R)

3422 and 3423 are phase II cars...

the complete roster of phase I/II is on nycsubway dot org on the R32 car page

There were 4 other pairs stripped as well...all Phase II's though...

3540/41, 3572/73, 3656/57 and 3748/49

img_82527.jpg

img_82526.jpg

Arent these the R32s from the (A)&(C)?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *stands in front of train on knees like planet of the apes* Why!!! WHYYYYYYYY!!!! You damn dirty TA people! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived