HELP!!- I Lost 30-Day MetroCard Today

FamousNYLover

Today, I lost 30-Day MetroCard that expires June 12th.

I have serious question.

If I go to Customer Service and show them SBS POP receipt, will they gave me replacement immediately?

PLEASE HELP AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

Today, I lost 30-Day MetroCard that expires June 12th.

I have serious question.

If I go to Customer Service and show them SBS POP receipt, will they gave me replacement immediately?

PLEASE HELP AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

Any fares paid in lieu of a lost unlimited card will not be refunded.

If you purchased your 30-day card with a credit/debit card, the TA will be able to deactivate the lost card upon presentation of the credit/debit card used to make the purchase. The TA will then mail you an unlimited card with the remaining days on it.

If you purchased your 30-day card with cash then you're out of luck. No refunds, no replacements. Sorry.:cry:

Yuki not trying to sound mean but giving an advice. This is an example why you need to work something w/ your Mom and open your own a bank account and have a debit/bank card asap. If you had used a debit or credit card( i suggest don't get a CC card Yuki)you would gotten a 1-time only per year replacement for your M/C, provided you had your receipt.

I assume Yuki you paid cash so sorry you no refund/replacement.

Plus we are going down the road to era when riding the NYC subway/bus system or many transit systems in America and world will no longer take any cash at all.

Sorry it happened Yuki but maybe it change for better.

Any fares paid in lieu of a lost unlimited card will not be refunded.

If you purchased your 30-day card with a credit/debit card, the TA will be able to deactivate the lost card upon presentation of the credit/debit card used to make the purchase. The TA will then mail you an unlimited card with the remaining days on it.

If you purchased your 30-day card with cash then you're out of luck. No refunds, no replacements. Sorry.:cry:

So they can't do a thing even if a person has a receipt - paid via cash?

Guys, this is the exact '411' on any lost Metrocards paid only with debit(bank)/credit cards. Sorry Yuki but it time to open a bank account and get a bank/debit card.B)

Source. http://mta.info/metrocard/balanceprotection.htm

"MetroCard Balance Protection Program

Your 30-Day or 14-Day Unlimited, or 7-Day Express Bus Plus MetroCard, purchased from a vending machine with a credit, debit, or ATM card is automatically protected against loss or theft by the MTA.

MTA New York City Transit provides a free Balance Protection Program for its 30-Day and 14-Day Unlimited Ride, and 7-Day Express Bus Plus MetroCard that protects you from loss or theft of the card as long as you purchase it with a credit, debit, or ATM card from a MetroCard Vending Machine.

If your card is lost or stolen, simply call 212-METROCARD (212-638-7622) and supply us with the number of the credit, debit, or ATM card you used to purchase your MetroCard. You will not receive a replacement MetroCard; your refund will be in the form of a credit back to your credit, debit or ATM card for $2.97 per day remaining on your 30-Day card, $3.68 per day remaining on your 14-Day card; and $6.43 per day remaining on your 7-Day Express Bus Plus card. These amounts will be based on the day you notify us of your loss.

You can file up to two claims per calendar year. The first claim will be processed free of charge; a second claim will be subject to a $5.00 administrative handling fee that will be deducted from the refund amount."

How about if I could get new card, not replacement.

No new card and no replacement. It is lost forever.

So they can't do a thing even if a person has a receipt - paid via cash?

Nope. Losing a $50 MetroCard paid in cash is like losing a $50 bill.

Shortline Bus has offered some good advice.

Look buddy, if you lose your Metrocard, there's no way possible you will find it. Finding YOUR own card in a system where MetroCards are strewn everywhere is like finding a needle in a haystack. Not possible.

Take SLB's advice: open a bank account, deposit some money and get a card. I have that myself. If you buy a 30 day card, you can get a reimbursement of some sort when you report that it is lost.

Treat your card like cash because, after all, it is an instrument that uses cash.

Sorry you lost your monthly card man.:tdown:

I keep my metrocard with my railpass, its not really an option for me to go without either. I have never lost a metrocard or a railpass ever. Next time keep it in a secure pocket. :tup:

- A

Archived