Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

New Nabi's for Greenville?

dkm07302

this week i was riding on the 87 bus and i usually look at any nabi bus that rides by, but then i saw a nabi bus with the number 5396 riding by with the 87 sign and went that not right. Later that day i saw the bus again but that time it had the 80 sign. Then today I see another different number with 5387 on it. Is greenville getting more of them?

Hmmm....I was just by Greenville the other day and didn't see the buses that you mention. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

And those are numbers for buses that have the Cummins ISL engine.

this week i was riding on the 87 bus and i usually look at any nabi bus that rides by, but then i saw a nabi bus with the number 5396 riding by with the 87 sign and went that not right. Later that day i saw the bus again but that time it had the 80 sign. Then today I see another different number with 5387 on it. Is greenville getting more of them?

This week, I also seen #5384 working on the 126 line at the Lincoln Tunnel heading to New York!

This means that the metro-Ds had to get out of Greenville.

Not quite. Unless the transit version NABIs were coming in to Greenville, then you can kiss the Metro-Ds there goodbye.

But these two 5300s are at Greenville for something else.

I'm back for this one post and then I am back to not posting

Anyway, here's how it stands at NJT

Greenville is receving buses from Newton Avenue as Newton is recieving new NABI transits. So far Newton has 5569 and 5570 (at least that all that was confirmed). In return, Greenville is getting NABI suburbans from Newton Av. (listed in this thread). I am trying to keep up with the assignments myself. This was a big shocker with Newton recieving this batch of transits since they already just got the Suburbans so there must be more to this story. If anyone finds anything more out let me know B)

- (D)(J)

I'm back for this one post and then I am back to not posting

Anyway, here's how it stands at NJT

Greenville is receving buses from Newton Avenue as Newton is recieving new NABI transits. So far Newton has 5569 and 5570 (at least that all that was confirmed). In return, Greenville is getting NABI suburbans from Newton Av. (listed in this thread). I am trying to keep up with the assignments myself. This was a big shocker with Newton recieving this batch of transits since they already just got the Suburbans so there must be more to this story. If anyone finds anything more out let me know B)

- (D)(J)

The only thing I can think of is that Greenville is getting more Suburbans because the remaining Metro D's are on their way out of the garage. And since 126 is a Suburban line in some respects (though it never uses those reading lights and luggage racks so they could get a transit bus), that's why Newton sent their Suburbans to Greenville since Newton is getting more transits. That's the only thing I can think of.

• 2 weeks later...
I just saw a new nabi bus. It number was 5405. That means the 5384, 5387, 5394, 5396, 5397, and now 5405 are new around here.

Today I saw 2 new nabi's for greenville: 5385 and 5395

Archived