Break Ups

553 Bridgeton

Has anyone of you guys went through a bad break up?

Me and my gf of 2 years broke up and I know she is the one. However ever since I started work with transit, is when the bad things started to happen. Things was ok for a while, but as I been working for sometimes 50hrs a week we started to get a bit distant, she would always come with me when I would do the 313/319/553. When I had off I would be sleeping...we would still go out places such as six flags and dinner, movies and so on. From April to May we have gotten really distant and I felt something was wrong and I didnt want to believe anything was wrong because we been together for so long. So the day of May 12th came along and she sent me a text saying we need to talk. At that very second I nearly broke down because I knew what it was about. That day I was working 2 round trippers on the 553 and I had just got to the bus terminal for the 1st trip at 1240 and wasnt due to get done till about 10 that day. So upon entering Lane 5 I saw her standing there. I had about 15mins before I was due out, so I let her on and we started talking. I tried my best to look like nothing was wrong. These very words had my heart pounding "I dont think we should be together anymore" and my reaction is "Why?" and she say "You dont have time for me anymore" and then she asked me to open the doors and she was gone :mad:. Im not going to lie tears came out, I dont even think I went above 45mph on the ac expressway. When I got to Hamilton Mall this usual lady that gets on says "are you ok you dont look good". I state im fine and more tears came out. I was truely hurting. And the bus this happened on was 7182 and i got that bus 7 times since may 12th which sucks.:mad:

Now it has been nearly a month later and I still feel the pain and we are working on getting back. She made it clear she loves and that it has been hard for her also. Things are looking up, however the pain is still there.

Has anyone of you guys went through a bad break up?

dude, im really sorry to hear this. it sounds like your hrs suck in terms of spending time with her. i hope you guys can work things out and get back together. Also kudos to you for holding up as best you can to finish your run.

Best of luck B)

i myself have been through one bad breakup after 7 months ( but im only 15 so it doesnt amount up to your situation )

• 1 month later...
My condolances :(

And that's terrible about getting the same bus a few times after that happened.

I hope you two are able to patch things up.

Yeah man. Its been 2 months and some change now. We talk things over every now and then and recently talked yesterday. However it is what it is. Someone will come along.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Breakups hurt. They always will hurt (except for me but that's a nother story). But take it as a lesson of the next relationship.

just be cool if she talks to you talk back, if its meant to be it will be , but dont stress. Also a few rebounds or flings will not hurt, help clear the head. Also just keep your self busy and you will be fine, your a strong guy.

Yeah basically I been just keeping myself busy. See before I would never date girls, I would just be friends with them and I was happy that way. But I don't know what made me change my mind. I know I saw something in her and its why I changed my mind.

I'm sorry to hear that. It may seem impossible now but soon enough, you'll be back on your feet. Use this time to think about yourself and what you like to do.

Thanks man!

Well breakups do happen, but when they do ... keep it moving. I had a girlfriend for one year and she decided to break it off after a year. How she decided to about that just told me to move on.

8 months later, I've been able to focus on other things, better my friendships with people among other things. I think I might have found the one who might be deserving. :)

-Good things comes to those who wait.

And with that, I end this sermon. :P

Dude, believe me, I've been there and worse.

I absolutely loved my then-girlfriend and would do anything for her. Mind you this was the time when I wasn't working steady, but I still tried my best. To make a long story short, she starts cheating on me with my best friend, she dumps me and immediately gets pregnant by him and they get married. On top of that, thanks to some wise business moves, she becomes a multi-millionaire a couple years later.

Now if that ain't the shit, then I don't know what is.

Anyway it took me a long time to get over all the hurt, but I was able to find someone else to patch my heart back together again; we've been together for 14 years now and still going strong.

As far as your relationship goes, you have to take a deep, long look in the mirror and ask yourself if your relationship with her is salvageable. She obviously has stated that you don't have enough time to spend with her. If it is possible to save your relationship with her (and it appears that there is a chance), then you will have to do something on your part in regards to the job. Can you change your hours? Days off? Can you go extra or vacation relief in order to get pieces of the weekend off? These are things that you'll have to look into. For all you know, time just might be the answer.

When I started with the TA, I used to work nothing but PM's for my first seven years; however, our relationship started to become strained; because, we'd be like two ships in the night with her working AM's and weekends off, and me having PM's with Wed/Thur off. So I started picking AM jobs. Funny thing is that now I love AM's! I used to go to work at 4 PM, now I go in at 4 or 5 AM. Not saying that you have to go in so early, but I think that you get the gist of what I'm trying to say. By going AM's, I was able to save strain on my marriage.

Ponder the situation, talk to her, discuss each one's needs and desires, and see what each one of you can do in order to try to patch things up.

Best of luck!

Oh were do I start?

The worst breakup had to be my ex Lindsay whose ironically my best friend today. She was inna fight with some girl and I took the wrong person's side. Guess who. Let just say I got the only phone call of my life that made me scared to pick up a phone. I cried like a little girl that night. Not afride to admitted it. I loved her!

Second worse was my second girlfriend. Bring 14 and having a 15 yr old goth farm chick from the boules of Colts Neck, what came was two different worlds. While I loved her she broke my heart one day when I called her and she answered the phone after 25 ring all outta breathe and excusing not matching anything she said. Sadly, we did break up a few days later. VALENTINES DAY outta all days. Whatever, right now she really fat and show her ugly fat pieced ass on facebook like anybody cares anymore. KARMA!

Second worse was my second girlfriend. Bring 14 and having a 15 yr old goth farm chick from the boules of Colts Neck, what came was two different worlds. While I loved her she broke my heart one day when I called her and she answered the phone after 25 ring all outta breathe and excusing not matching anything she said. Sadly, we did break up a few days later. VALENTINES DAY outta all days. Whatever, right now she really fat and show her ugly fat pieced ass on facebook like anybody cares anymore. KARMA!

She regretted breaking up with you and replaced you with chocolate! :)

As for breakups, I only had one. my first gf, melissa, broke up with me after a month and I was really sad for a while. It really sucked. I find being rejected to your face by a girls and her telling everybody about it and humilating me was way worse. :mad: I absolutely despise her. Cruel ass high school girls :(

That's some good advice by Zman there...

As for you high school and college kids, you'll learn that some girls will play games. The best lesson in life you can learn is that there are times when it's totally justifiable to be an a**hole and those are some of those times. When you get older, you'll have to start handling things better. There is a difference between a breakup between people who really do like each other and it's not working out (be VERY respectful of the other person), and a breakup between two people when one shows a blatant disregard for the other and rubs the breakup in their face (ok to be a dick - but only when you're younger). When you're older, that sort of behavior tends to catch up with them, or they get a reputation and it's not a good one. Furthermore, if you handle it like an a**hole, maybe once or twice it's OK, but if it becomes a pattern, then you'll be the one with the reputation and it will affect the types of women you meet in the future

...She was inna fight with some girl and I took the wrong person's side. Guess who. Let just say I got the only phone call of my life that made me scared to pick up a phone.

One thing that I've learned in life is this: If the person you love is in a fight, or any other type of heated disagreement, you back up the one you love 100%, even if she's totally in the wrong. Later on when it's the two of you and nobody else is around, THAT'S when you set the record straight with her. You don't want to have her lose face in front of her friends as a result of your actions; that could kill a relationship in an instant.

Dude, believe me, I've been there and worse.

I absolutely loved my then-girlfriend and would do anything for her. Mind you this was the time when I wasn't working steady, but I still tried my best. To make a long story short, she starts cheating on me with my best friend, she dumps me and immediately gets pregnant by him and they get married. On top of that, thanks to some wise business moves, she becomes a multi-millionaire a couple years later.

Now if that ain't the shit, then I don't know what is.

Anyway it took me a long time to get over all the hurt, but I was able to find someone else to patch my heart back together again; we've been together for 14 years now and still going strong.

As far as your relationship goes, you have to take a deep, long look in the mirror and ask yourself if your relationship with her is salvageable. She obviously has stated that you don't have enough time to spend with her. If it is possible to save your relationship with her (and it appears that there is a chance), then you will have to do something on your part in regards to the job. Can you change your hours? Days off? Can you go extra or vacation relief in order to get pieces of the weekend off? These are things that you'll have to look into. For all you know, time just might be the answer.

When I started with the TA, I used to work nothing but PM's for my first seven years; however, our relationship started to become strained; because, we'd be like two ships in the night with her working AM's and weekends off, and me having PM's with Wed/Thur off. So I started picking AM jobs. Funny thing is that now I love AM's! I used to go to work at 4 PM, now I go in at 4 or 5 AM. Not saying that you have to go in so early, but I think that you get the gist of what I'm trying to say. By going AM's, I was able to save strain on my marriage.

Ponder the situation, talk to her, discuss each one's needs and desires, and see what each one of you can do in order to try to patch things up.

Best of luck!

Thanks Zman! See the problem is when I first started I was on graveyard she was fine with it and when I would get off of work I would take her out to breakfast every mourning and what not. Then she started to get mad because I would never see her at night. So then I asked to get switched to AMs and she didnt like that because I had to go to sleep early. Then I went to PMs and she hated that because I couldnt spend the evening with her. At this point im mad, but she knew that I wanted a job in the transit biz and she was fine with that at first. And then thats when it happended. For me it seems like its going to be hard not having a gf at this point because of my work hrs. The Feeling of being alone sucks. Hell living in a house by yourself is no easy feeling. I met a few girls but I aint looking for no relationship no time soon. I dont need the bullshit and stress.

Archived