Amtrak Silver Meteor to NY Penn Station @ Seacacus JCT

• 4 weeks later...

Thank God!!!!! Some Silver Meteor action!!!!!! This is the only time I take Amtrak to go down to Florida. It is way faster than the Silver Star.

P.S. I still don't know why The Silver Star stops at Tampa...TWICE! Someone illuminate me please.

Thank God!!!!! Some Silver Meteor action!!!!!! This is the only time I take Amtrak to go down to Florida. It is way faster than the Silver Star.

P.S. I still don't know why The Silver Star stops at Tampa...TWICE! Someone illuminate me please.

It doesn't stop at Tampa twice, you're thinking of Lakeland. It makes one stop there to drop off passengers, continues to Tampa, then makes another stop at Lakeland to receive passengers. The Silver Star has been going out of its way to serve Tampa and Lakeland since 2004 when the Palmetto's route was shortened to end at Savannah, GA. The Palmetto used to serve Tampa via a more direct route, the CSX "S" Line through Ocala. Amtrak decided having a 3rd service through Florida was too expensive though, so in 2004 they decided to inconvenience Silver Star customers and send it out of the way to serve Tampa.

Yeah Your very right I took the Sliver Star and it took so long and we were on a 2-5 Hour Delay.

Yeah Your very right I took the Sliver Star and it took so long and we were on a 2-5 Hour Delay.

2-5 hour delay??? WOW!!! And I got upset because the Silver Meteor was 10min late:p. The thing was I was going to West Palm Beach. I had no clue I could take the Silver Meteor and save two hours. Nevertheless I still do not mind, because I love riding Amtrak it's comfortable, people and workers are friendly, and it is super fast (to me anyway).

Archived