(L) Train Question

gregorygrice

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes R160s do run on the (L)...but remember ATO and CBTC are two different things yet they work with each other in a way...ATO makes the trains operate on their own while CBTC is a form of computerized signaling.

No problem Greg, as for you Metatops, the (L) using R-160's can vary because some of em' are based out of ENY so if depending on service patterns, the R-160's may go up to 8 in ATO/CBTC operations...

Huh? That's all the (L) can use is eight cars, and all of the (L)'s equipment comes from ENY.

No problem Greg, as for you Metatops, the (L) using R-160's can vary because some of em' are based out of ENY so if depending on service patterns, the R-160's may go up to 8 in ATO/CBTC operations...

The (L) Always uses 8 car sets.

Hold it guys! I hate to say it but MegaBus is actually right! *shocking* :eek:!!!

64 R160s (cars 8313-8376) are used for only the (L) cuz they have the CBTC/ATO crap inside of them.

(I sense an apocalypse to be upon us now as a result of this....)

Hold it guys! I hate to say it but MegaBus is actually right! *shocking* :eek:!!!

64 R160s (cars 8313-8376) are used for only the (L) cuz they have the CBTC/ATO crap inside of them.

(I sense an apocalypse to be upon us now as a result of this....)

Want to hear something?

Thye arent used "only" on the (L) though..

They are used on the (J) (M2) as well...

Obviously the (L)(J)(M2)(Z) share R-160's because all are from ENY Yard, B)!

So why BS us and say that certain sets are ONLY used on the (L)?

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

ANYWAYS...

Yes, there are R160's on the (L). As LRG said, cars 8313-8376 (64 cars OR 8 trainsets) are used for it since its and/or supposed to be equipped with CBTC & ATO, ALTHOUGH the (J) (M)/(M2) (Z) can use then since they belong to ENY but are used in CBTC bypass since the Jamaica line isn't equipped with that stuff. HOWEVER, those same R160 cars (along with all the R143's) can run in manual mode.

BTW wasn't there like 2 other threads about this that went down the drain?

ANYWAYS...

Yes, there are R160's on the (L). As LRG said, cars 8313-8376 (64 cars OR 8 trainsets) are used for it since its and/or supposed to be equipped with CBTC & ATO, ALTHOUGH the (J) (M)/(M2) (Z) can use then since they belong to ENY but are used in CBTC bypass since the Jamaica line isn't equipped with that stuff. HOWEVER, those same R160 cars (along with all the R143's) can run in manual mode.

BTW wasn't there like 2 other threads about this that went down the drain?

And the other R160s that aren't CBTC/ATO-equipped can't run on the (L) because they don't have the CBTC stuff...unless the entire line is put into bypass. I saw a video of 8313 on the (J) a few months back as a matter of fact.

Archived