(L) Train Question

gregorygrice

Wirelessly posted via (SAMSUNG-SGH-A877/A877UCID3 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Nope, not certain sets, more like up to 8 'randomly-selected' sets operating on the (L) at the same time...

The only cars that can run on the (L) are cars 8313-8376 because they are fitted with CBTC! The other R160s from East New York cannot run on the (L) because they don't have CBTC. The only way that would ever happen is if CBTC on the entire line is shut down. So get with the program or get the hell off!!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only cars that can run on the (L) are cars 8313-8376 because they are fitted with CBTC! The other R160s from East New York cannot run on the (L) because they don't have CBTC. The only way that would ever happen is if CBTC on the entire line is shut down. So get with the program or get the hell off!!!

He thinks the nice CBTC fairy swoops in and magically makes random R160's have CBTC capabilities B)

I can't remember but, Do R160s sometimes run on the (L)? Because Sunday I caught one on the (L) heading towards brooklyn. If they do, Do they just run i regular mode or do some have CBTC/ATO?

A few of them 160's have CBTC, so yes, they do run on the L.

Nope, not certain sets, more like up to 8 'randomly-selected' sets operating on the (L) at the same time...

Ok lemme break it down even further (pay attention to the numbers in bold)...

There's only 64 R160 cars that have CBTC/ATO. That breaks down into 16 4-car sets which in turn breaks down into 8 (L) trainsets. Now those 16 4-car sets can be randomly paired with one another to make a (L) train with CBTC/ATO powers or whatever. But at the same time, those 16 4-car sets can be paired with any other R160 set ENY has (including 9943-9974) to make a trainset for the (J) (M)/(M2) (Z). HOWEVER, you'll most likely find those 16 4-car sets paired to one another since its easier when that set is being transfered back & forth to/from the (L). The number of R160 sets on the (L) can vary depening on the demand for it but the maximum number is 8...nothing more than 8

Another side note: There's a 99.99% chance that 9943-9974 WILL NOT show up on the (L)SINCE THOSE DON'T HAVE CBTC/ATO!!!!!

Now with that being said, can we please put this thread (along with the others) on the tracks and have a R160 (L) 12-9 it lol...sorry greg

[/i][/size]Thanks for the R-160 CBTC/ATO information, will keep that bookmarked since I never knew that, :P...

Dude, not trying to sound rude, but get your facts straight before posting information. This R-160 info, you were way off.

Ok lemme break it down even further (pay attention to the numbers in bold)...

There's only 64 R160 cars that have CBTC/ATO. That breaks down into 16 4-car sets which in turn breaks down into 8 (L) trainsets. Now those 16 4-car sets can be randomly paired with one another to make a (L) train with CBTC/ATO powers or whatever. But at the same time, those 16 4-car sets can be paired with any other R160 set ENY has (including 9943-9974) to make a trainset for the (J) (M)/(M2) (Z). HOWEVER, you'll most likely find those 16 4-car sets paired to one another since its easier when that set is being transfered back & forth to/from the (L). The number of R160 sets on the (L) can vary depening on the demand for it but the maximum number is 8...nothing more than 8

Another side note: There's a 99.99% chance that 9943-9974 WILL NOT show up on the (L)SINCE THOSE DON'T HAVE CBTC/ATO!!!!!

Now with that being said, can we please put this thread (along with the others) on the tracks and have a R160 (L) 12-9 it lol...sorry greg

OMG why even bother to reply? Why???

Its funny how a question turns into this.... But thanks guys for the info.

Yep. Things do get a bit.......crazy here. Oh, who am I kidding? All HELL breaks loose at times

Wirelessly posted via (SAMSUNG-SGH-A877/A877UCID3 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I never knew other lines could uses 160 L set(how often does that happen?)

I never knew other lines could uses 160 L set(how often does that happen?)

I saw a video of 8313 on the (J) a few months back. It was a Saturday (R160s are used less often on the (L) on weekends).

Yep. Things do get a bit.......crazy here. Oh, who am I kidding? All HELL breaks loose at times

Hell does not break loose here. One a**hole posts wrong information and then is justifiably attacked because this person has been doing it for over a year. Some of us try to do it in a humorous way, others try to correct the info, either way, it doesn't matter since shit head doesn't think he's a shit head and will respond no matter what. Hence why I've given up on trying to correct the info and just bash him until the mods ban him from the thread.

Some times he loses his marbles all together and you get the hilarity that followed in that "other" thread...

Besides I think gregorygrice's question has been answered as best as possible by the knowledgeable posters here already anyway.

Hell does not break loose here. One a**hole posts wrong information and then is justifiably attacked because this person has been doing it for over a year. Some of us try to do it in a humorous way, others try to correct the info, either way, it doesn't matter since shit head doesn't think he's a shit head and will respond no matter what. Some times he loses his marbles all together and you get the hilarity that followed in that "other" thread...

Hence why I've given up on trying to correct the info and just bash him until the mods ban him from the thread.

Besides I think gregorygrice's question has been answered as best as possible by the knowledgeable posters here already anyway.

Admit it, It does get crazy around here. Remember that R142 7 train thing? B)

The R142 7/R62A to be CBTC on the 7 discussion that broke loose.....that was like the one time where everyone (almost everyone) got into that little arguement/disagreement. That was one of the highlights of that year......good times. :tup:

The R142 7/R62A to be CBTC on the 7 discussion that broke loose.....that was like the one time where everyone (almost everyone) got into that little arguement/disagreement. That was one of the highlights of that year......good times. :tup:

oh yes they were B)

That's not "crazy". Just because all you drama kids like to get riled up for a good (note the quotes) "flame war" every now and then doesn't make it so. The crap on Subchat around Christmas time was "crazy" - the 7 line thread was tame in comparison. Half the thread was me just toying with MegaBus and him losing his marbles. That's all. Nothing "crazy" about that. Just funny, which was what I was going for in the first place.

Half the thread was me just toying with MegaBus and him losing his marbles.

Comedy gold.

As for you SG, will I be seeing you over the course of the next few days? I'm going to be uptown for a few days starting tomorrow...

That's not "crazy". Just because all you drama kids like to get riled up for a good (note the quotes) "flame war" every now and then doesn't make it so. The crap on Subchat around Christmas time was "crazy" - the 7 line thread was tame in comparison. Half the thread was me just toying with MegaBus and him losing his marbles. That's all. Nothing "crazy" about that. Just funny, which was what I was going for in the first place.

Funny? far from it....

That shit was f**kung HILARIOUS!!!

Archived