Create a route/Your version of the NYC Subway

NX Express

Using existing trackage (currently in-service, out of service, or being constructed) which route would you create if you could make one? Please, be realistic and practical.

I would make a new (V) route that would go from 96 Street, via 6 Avenue local, to the Culver Line.

Rename one of the (A) Queens branches: say:

Lefferts Blvd to 207th: (A)

Far Rockaway/Rockaway Park to 145th (Lower Level): (H)

Or vice versa..

This leads to less confusion because (A) riders HAVE to check the rollsigns or side LED displays to determine if the train is going to Lefferts or Far Rock. Having one branch being renamed takes out the anxiety. The new scenario would immediately allow riders know what train is which and where it is heading. They see a (H) train arriving, they will immediately know that it's going to the Rockaways. (Just an example)

Rename one of the (A) Queens branches: say:

Lefferts Blvd to 207th: (A)

Far Rockaway/Rockaway Park to 145th (Lower Level): (H)

Or vice versa..

This leads to less confusion because (A) riders HAVE to check the rollsigns or side LED displays to determine if the train is going to Lefferts or Far Rock. Having one branch being renamed takes out the anxiety. The new scenario would immediately allow riders know what train is which and where it is heading. They see a (H) train arriving, they will immediately know that it's going to the Rockaways. (Just an example)

Also, tourists wouldn't be confused about which (A) train to take.

Precisely. Reduces a lot of anxiety. It could just be like the status quo, frequency wise, but it would really help.

The only issue I see is the (H) ending at 145 Street.

1. The (D) would have to switch away from the middle track.

2. The idea of {all 8 Av trains on the upper level, all 6 Av trains on the lower level} is ruined.

3. Would one track be enough of a terminal to handle that service?

4. IMO, the JFK trains should go to 207, since they are more "important" to tourists.

We're taking subway, right? Here's my suggestion. Extend the (V) from 2nd Avenue to Kings Highway along the Culver Line. It would take the load off the (F) even more.

Come 2014 and that's EXACTLY what will happen!

I would like to see the (V) revived when the Culver Viaduct is finished. (V)ictor is a very useful like and compliments (F)ox.

Couldn't have said it any better myself :tup:

In 2017, with a doubleplusgood economy and stock market, we'll have:

*(M2) Middle Village-Metropolitan Avenue to Bay Parkway (middays to Ninth Avenue)

*(Q) Upper East Side-96th Street to Coney Island

*(V) Forest Hills-71st Avenue to Kensington-Church Avenue

*(W) Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard to Whitehall

*Plans for Phase V of the Second Avenue Subway - from 125th Street to The Hub-East 149th Street/Third Avenue and extension of the (Q) - from East Harlem-Park/Lexington Avenues to Harlem-Lenox Avenue.

*Restoration of M10 service to West 42d Street (PABT).

I would have the (V) in its current form, except extended to Church Av via local. (F) trains going to Coney Island would run express to Church Av; Kings Highway trains would run local. In the absence of the (V) however, I would extend every second (E) train instead [or a train every 8 minutes]

(F) CONEY ISLAND

(F) VIA 63 ST/6 AV

(F) CULVER EXPRESS

(F) KINGS HIGHWAY

(F) VIA 63 ST/6 AV

(F) CULVER LOCAL

(V) CHURCH AV, BKLYN

(V) VIA 53 ST/6 AV

(V) CULVER LOCAL

(E) CHURCH AV, BKLYN

(E) VIA 53 ST/8 AV

(E) CULVER LCL

The only issue I see is the (H) ending at 145 Street.

1. The (D) would have to switch away from the middle track.

2. The idea of {all 8 Av trains on the upper level, all 6 Av trains on the lower level} is ruined.

3. Would one track be enough of a terminal to handle that service?

4. IMO, the JFK trains should go to 207, since they are more "important" to tourists.

Perhaps 168th. The idea is to give the Rock crews a better distance thus that would call for greater recovery.

In 2017, with a doubleplusgood economy and stock market, we'll have:

*(M2) Middle Village-Metropolitan Avenue to Bay Parkway (middays to Ninth Avenue)

*(V) Forest Hills-71st Avenue to Kensington-Church Avenue

And weekends, the soon current (M) Forest Hills-71st Avenue to Middle Village-Metropolitan Avenue, since weekend expansion as already on the table before the economy fell, and the midtown service would be better for weekends.

(Why is this under "Bus"?)

then why the hell are they gona cut it now just to only bring it back??? so they can spend another like $300,000 to replace all the signs back again?

and then we all wonder why the MTA is soo broke lol

$300,000 is a drop in the bucket for the (MTA). If it cost something like $10 million just to replace signs then that would be wasteful.

I would have the (M2) run to 9th Avenue all times via Nassau and 4th Ave, extend the (G) to 71-Continental all times, at the same time sever the 63rd street line and put the (F) back to where it was, 21 St Queensbridge to 2nd Ave-Houston can be served by Orange (S) or a (V) running from 21 st to 2 ave. I doubt Roosevelt Island and that neighborhood Queensbridge need the (F) since that entire project was part of some unbuilt wacky super express anyway.

If we need serivce cuts, id have the (N) follow its 1990s pattern via whitehall st, and leave (Q) as the sole line running on the broadway express.

I would have the (M2) run to 9th Avenue all times via Nassau and 4th Ave, extend the (G) to 71-Continental all times, at the same time sever the 63rd street line and put the (F) back to where it was, 21 St Queensbridge to 2nd Ave-Houston can be served by Orange (S) or a (V) running from 21 st to 2 ave. I doubt Roosevelt Island and that neighborhood Queensbridge need the (F) since that entire project was part of some unbuilt wacky super express anyway.

If we need serivce cuts, id have the (N) follow its 1990s pattern via whitehall st, and leave (Q) as the sole line running on the broadway express.

53 St/Lex Av can't handle 2 expresses. You sound like Forest Glen.:eek:

53 St/Lex Av can't handle 2 expresses. You sound like Forest Glen.:eek:

If there was money and room, I would be happy to turn 53/Lex into a Spanish Solution thing: centre platform is for alighting, side platforms are for alighting. But of course, you will have longer dwell times.

If there was money and room, I would be happy to turn 53/Lex into a Spanish Solution thing: centre platform is for alighting, side platforms are for boarding. But of course, you will have longer dwell times.

1. Corrected.

2. "If there was money and room" The MTA has none of the above.

1. Corrected.

2. "If there was money and room" The MTA has none of the above.

Whoops.

53rd is pretty narrow to warrant the Spanish Solution. Thus, it's a necessary sacrifice to the send the (F) over on the 63rd. Besides, not much of a big deal because B'way-Laff and Bleecker would be tied together in one or two years. So if they want to transfer, they could always do it there.

Whoops.

53rd is pretty narrow to warrant the Spanish Solution. Thus, it's a necessary sacrifice to the send the (F) over on the 63rd. Besides, not much of a big deal because B'way-Laff and Bleecker would be tied together in one or two years. So if they want to transfer, they could always do it there.

What if someone rides the (E) and works at 125 St (4)(5)(6)? That person would have to go ALL the way to Bleeker?

Archived