Judge orders closed Station booths to be reopened

Abba

MTA and Mr. Walder faces no consequence for breaking the law in firing the station agents and now violating a judge order to reopen the booths and rehire back the station agents. MTA and Mr. Walder is our modern day Mafia. Our law and justice doesn't apply to them.

This is when unions get labled as selfish. we are less than three weeks away from massive cuts and you want us to worry about 266 people? Why have solidarity in a crisis when this ruling is just going to make the problem WORSE!

I can't remember what minimue wage was (smallest possible amount of money spent), So I'll round it to $8 as an example. $8 in say ten hours is $80. $80 times 226 is $21,280. In a month, that's almost half a million dollars to pay them a even a basic wage. The MTA is almost a billion in the hole.

Or, we could spend what is only nessisary in fact, not what's nessisary based around someone's opinnion. Where does it say thier right to a job outweights my right to inexpesive transportation?

The MTA didn't put itself in a hole, the state dug it and shoved the MTA in by slashing funding. If anyone takes the blame for this situation it's our idiot our a Tresury Secritarty for not bailing out Leahman Brothers back when he was in charge of the Federal Reserve branch downtown. The market wouldn't have tumbled and we would still have all those wall street taxes coming in to the state coffers.

If we can't get the money flow stablized we are going to end up with a subway system that looks like it never got out of 1972. Where does it say thier right to a job outweights my right to safe and clean transportation, that actually runs.

So, Lex, you're saying they should be providing for the workers and not the customers? That's the worst business model possible. However, I guess I can expect that from people who wish that one person's contract to be honored, but don't mind taking someone else's contract with them into the bathroom and use it as toliet paper. What's the word for that... Oh, thet's right, Hypocracy.

Here's some sage advice from a man who founded a company that's been on the top 100 "best to work for" list for the last 7 years.

"Rule #1; The customer is always right.

Rule #2; If the customer is ever wrong, reread rule #1".-Stew Leonard

I don't drink anyone's anything (and I don't have a job; I'm a full time college student). and by the way, getting rid of those booth clearks, could have saved a bus line or two. They can't transfer capital funding to everyday, it's not allowed. the 8 bucks was a fricking example, how much it costs to pay them even if you paid them all the minimun.

I build my own Ideas and my own conculsions from what I can see with my own two eyes. And you know what I see, I see one too many egos getting in the way of saving the one thing all of us here care about. If I have to sacrifice, you should have to sacrifice. the shit load of troble we're in isn't going to go away any time soon. If you haven't noticed, the MTA isn't the only ones suffering. If we don't do enough, and the MTA start's to fall apart, guess who's just as much to blame as Walder, Williams, Smith and the rest. This isn't about contracts. this isn't 5 years ago. This is a real emergency. If, one day, I have to make sure I have pepper spray and an impact baton before I go on the Subway, It's going to be just as much your fauilt as everything else's becuase you're to worried about stupid stuff to think for two fricking seconds about what you're doing the rest of us. The MTA is not about you. Remember, its a "PUBLIC BENEFIT corportation". It's about everyone. But no, screw everyone else, we're just gonna worry about what we want. that is the basic defifnition of selfish and no one has yet to do anything to prove to me otherwise.

Unions have done way more harm in my life than you'll ever know. When my father died, his health care coverage was obviously terminated. He went into the hospital in late january and died in late feburary. The idiots who took him off the healthcare did it retroactivly to febuary first. we started getting an entire months meidcal bills the union's insurance refused to cover. Six months ago they took me off for no appernet reason, even though, thanks to a new state law, I'm now entitled to the coverage till I turn 30, get a job with helthcare and take it, or get married, which ever comes first.

all I see, when you uinon guys talk is "ME, ME, ME, ME, ME F$#@ THE REST OF YOU, ME, ME, ME." This has never been about you; this is now about everyone. You want you wages and your fellow union members. student's want thier metrocards, the public want thier bus routes. This gone beyond the relm of managment/union arguments. Would you like to have to tell a little old lady "sorry, this bus no longer runs, you'll have to walk to the doctor. I know it's far, and access-a-ride is unreilabe, but I needed my livable wage." Or a poor mother of three "sorry your kids need to pay to get to school, but i needed my livable wage". When you talk. That's what I hear.

I'm proud to call this city home. And I can't stand anyone who'd hurt it becuase they only thought of themselves.

Every single one of your posts reeks of "ME, ME, ME, ME, ME F$#@ THE REST OF YOU, ME, ME, ME." I'm not limiting that statement to just this thread either. You're right in that you aren't drinking any Kool-Aid at all - your ego is much too healthy to rely on that shit as your source of nutrition.

Kamen, I don't know what your deal is. You've made some very legitimate points in some of your posts, which by no means will I fail to acknowledge, and you've been nothing short of a pompous prick in some of your others. I'll substantiate that point since I sometimes post valid points, though I also post some garbage and bullshit rants as well, and there have been times where I've typed a response while sitting atop my mile-high horse. I'm not above being human, and, believe it or not, neither are you.

As with all things in life, privileges and liberties breed abuses and encroachments. Milking that old rigamarole principle of the customer always being right because he or she paid for the right to be right has long caused the bullshit rationalization cow to run dry. The (MTA) offers a service and nothing more. You pay for a safe, punctual and reliable ride from Point A to Point B. That's about all that can be provided with minimal failure. There aren't any guarantees about seats being available on every train and bus or that there won't be scattered debris present in the car or bus or that delays due to extenuating circumstances will never occur, and especially not that the fare will never increase. You're just as selfish to tell hard-working civil servants that simply because a portion of the riding public is losing what was essentially leftover gift from the Giuliani campaign, those employees who provide said service should also make sacrifices. If anyone is to blame, please point your fingers at Albany and City hall for stiffing the (MTA) out of $144 million to continue funding student MetroCards, and that's just in this fiscal year alone.

First off, you can't compare the (MTA) to Stew Leonard's. Stew Leonard's is a privatized chain supermarket with five locations, less than 2,000 employees, and a managerial administration occupied by the Leonard family. Second, if you want to start quoting Stew and his lame door rock that is found at each store entrance, then I'll be more than happy to justify that line by stating that Stew Leonard, Sr. spent 52 months behind bars for his role in a very well-mapped scheme to commit $6.8 million in tax fraud by diverting cash register receipts totaling approximately $17 million over a ten-year period. When you have the opportunity to bring that kind of jingle to the laundromat and then hide it under every mattress, rock and carpet corner on the property, you'll be saying the same exact thing: "The customer is always right."

Obviously you have some personal vendetta with labor and skilled trade unions. Get over it. This isn't about you. You mentioned how the (MTA) is a "PUBLIC BENEFIT corporation," which is true - to an extent. While the Authority was implemented to provide non-rivalrous services for the greater New York metropolitan area, people have this common misconception that being a public benefit corporation allows consumers to misuse and walk all over the providers of said services.

It's not like that.

WORD.

A lot of people have this illusion that public benefit corporations and authorities are custom-made for each consumer. That is a very impractical albeit common notion. The biggest exploiter of public-benefit-for-personal-net? I'll give you a hint: his name starts with a J, ends with an R, and in between there's an "ay Walde."

What's the judge ruling on the appeal that was suppose to be decided on June 25?

Zman stated best that, The Union is only as strong as its Members. This crisis has made Transit Workers Stronger, so everyone needs to support each other if they care about their fellow workers, jobs, pensions, and benefits. Put the pressure on our Union, MTA and Politicians today.

Governor David Paterson: 212-681-4580 / 518-474-8390

Senator John Sampson: 718-649-7653

Assembly Sheldon Silver 212-312-1420

What's the judge ruling on the appeal that was suppose to be decided on June 25?

Zman stated best that, The Union is only as strong as its Members. This crisis has made Transit Workers Stronger, so everyone needs to support each other if they care about their fellow workers, jobs, pensions, and benefits. Put the pressure on our Union, MTA and Politicians today.

Governor David Paterson: 212-681-4580 / 518-474-8390

Senator John Sampson: 718-649-7653

Assembly Sheldon Silver 212-312-1420

Oh no it's to late for that whomever my assemblymen or senator is there services are no longer needed they talk about constituent this and constituent that when was tha last time they ever picked up a dictionary and looked up tha definition of constituent

heres tha definition :a person who authorizes another to act in his or her behalf, as a voter in a district represented by an elected official

their obligations haven't been met show them tha door im so disgusted

Archived