what if the subways became all R160's & R142's

Eastman346

Basicly, by 2020 it will be most likely be all Orion VII's and all NTT trains.

It would be that with MCIs, possibly with the next series they introduce, O7s with their replacements coming into the picture soon, New Flyers with their replacement with who knows by then if it isn't New Flyers, and of course the current NTTs.

The R68s and the R62s might still be around and maybe even the R32s might still be around.

Oh right, forgot about the ones that came in the 80s....

Doubt R32s would be around by then. They'll probably lived short few or 5 years of 2020.

It would be that with MCIs, possibly with the next series they introduce, O7s with their replacements coming into the picture soon, New Flyers with their replacement with who knows by then if it isn't New Flyers, and of course the current NTTs.

LOL.. right, I forgot about the MCI's and NF's!

why orion 5? those are Excellent, and it would be a shame if they got rid of them

The 1993 and 1995 series bodies are old. When it rains it pours in those buses. Alot of them have cracks in the frames around the wheels (especially rear). They rattle like heck. The only thing they have is a powerful engine.

The 1998-1999 will still be around. There is plenty of rust around the bodies of the 1993 and 1995 Orion Vs. I see it everyday, and a Superintendent confirmed that the majority of the older ones have these problems. The latter RTSs will still be around also.

The 1993 and 1995 series bodies are old. When it rains it pours in those buses. Alot of them have cracks in the frames around the wheels (especially rear). They rattle like heck. The only thing they have is a powerful engine.

The 1998-1999 will still be around. There is plenty of rust around the bodies of the 1993 and 1995 Orion Vs. I see it everyday, and a Superintendent confirmed that the majority of the older ones have these problems. The latter RTSs will still be around also.

And I have more to add to the the 1993 and 1995 series buses , once I saw a roach crawaling out of the A/C unit.

And I have more to add to the the 1993 and 1995 series buses , once I saw a roach crawaling out of the A/C unit.

1. That isn't nothing. One night while working the M100 in an Orion V (2 years ago), I shut down down the bus in Manhattan, and the roaches came running out all around the drivers area. All over my paddle, etc....I called it in, and went dark all the way back to KB, from 125st/2nd Ave. They put the bus outside and bombed it. Seen it the next day on the side of the building.

2. While working the Bx6 in a Orion VII CNG, customers started telling me that roaches were running and coming from under the seats in the back and side. Kept that one in service though. Just told them that is what happens when they dirty up the buses.

3. Seen them in the RTSs, and artics also.

1. That isn't nothing. One night while working the M100 in an Orion V (2 years ago), I shut down down the bus in Manhattan, and the roaches came running out all around the drivers area. All over my paddle, etc....I called it in, and went dark all the way back to KB, from 125st/2nd Ave. They put the bus outside and bombed it. Seen it the next day on the side of the building.

2. While working the Bx6 in a Orion VII CNG, customers started telling me that roaches were running and coming from under the seats in the back and side. Kept that one in service though. Just told them that is what happens when they dirty up the buses.

3. Seen them in the RTSs, and artics also.

Yeah, and sometimes passengers bring them on the buses!

Yeah, and sometimes passengers bring them on the buses!

That is where they come from. I never seen a roach in the depot, but on the buses, yes. Garbage (food) thrown on the floor + 1 roach brought on by a customer = home sweet home for the roach. Then it multiplies.

A dispatcher told me that wasn't nothing. A driver had to put a bus out of service due to a family of spider running around in it. I won't lie. If that was me, I would of crashed and wrecked that bus. Spiders freak me out. Hate them with a passion.

That is where they come from. I never seen a roach in the depot, but on the buses, yes. Garbage (food) thrown on the floor + 1 roach brought on by a customer = home sweet home for the roach. Then it multiplies.

A dispatcher told me that wasn't nothing. A driver had to put a bus out of service due to a family of spider running around in it. I won't lie. If that was me, I would of crashed and wrecked that bus. Spiders freak me out. Hate them with a passion.

I feel that 100. Good thing I wasn't on that bus cause I would have embarrassed the hell out of myself. I will walk around anywhere in NYC in the dead of night, and have not a feer in the world, but let a spider or a bee/wasp get anywhere near me, and it's a wrap! I'm screamin like a lil girl! I've almost crashed cars because of spiders and bees, and I still get laughed at about that.

You think roaches and spiders are bad? Wait until you get to the nyc subway they have rats and mice down there!!! And some of those rats are really big!!! Espcally if have a put in train underground LOL.

Well going back on topic if the entire system was simply R160's and R142's it would certainly be very cheap for the MTA to maintain those trains. No need to re-train drivers, no need to hire people to maintain other vehicles, etc. As for rats, they're there everyday :D

Archived