High Floor vs. Low Floor & More

East New York

1. What is your favorite favorite NYCT/MTAB bus(es) and why?

2. What is your least favorite favorite NYCT/MTAB bus(es) and why?

3. Which do you like better/ think are better: HF's or LF's and why?

4. What is your favorite (MTA) Division/Depot(s) and why?

5. What is your least favorite (MTA) Division/Depot(s) and why?

For Me:

1. RTS because it has a classic, timeless design, looks better than anything on the road, and I'm in love with the way they sound. I like the O7's and their acceleration now even though they took some getting use too. I also like the D60HF's. The newer ones really get up and go, and I like to ride in the middle on the articulated part.

2. The New Flyer C40LF's because I dont like the way they ride, and I don't like how some of them vibrate and rattle really bad when you ride in the back.

3. I don't really know yet. I like the O7, but I know for a fact that the RTS and other HF's handle better on snow and ice.

4. My favorite division is Brooklyn because the majority of the buses are well maintained. Favorite depots are East New York, decause my brother works there, it's close to my appt., maintenance is very good, and the majority of the buses i ride are ENY equiptment. I also like 126 St, MAN, MJQ, FLA, and FB for various reasons. Also JAM, because it's an all RTS depot.

5. My least favorite Division would have to be Bronx, but only because all the RTS's are endangered species now, and my least favorite depot is LGA because the buses are poorly maintained, and the majority of the drivers i've come across have nasty attitudes!

My favorite buses are the RTSs from flatbush ENY and fresh pond.As for MTA bus MCI classics the old RTS from green bus lines tribough coach and jamaica bus lines.And the orion V and any bus from the privite bus line era.

My least favorite buses are the horrable trash junk orion VI which are coming into ENY.They are ugly and ride unsmooth god i hate those buses.And those new flyer CNG buses out of jackie gleson depot.

CNG= competely not good

My favorite bus depots are flatbush depot and the ulmer park depot.Because their RTSs seem to be in good shape.

Dont have a least favorite depot.

My favorite buses are the RTSs from flatbush ENY and fresh pond.As for MTA bus MCI classics the old RTS from green bus lines tribough coach and jamaica bus lines.And the orion V and any bus from the privite bus line era.

My least favorite buses are the horrable trash junk orion VI which are coming into ENY.They are ugly and ride unsmooth god i hate those buses.And those new flyer CNG buses out of jackie gleson depot.

CNG= competely not good

My favorite bus depots are flatbush depot and the ulmer park depot.Because their RTSs seem to be in good shape.

The O6's are coming to ENY????

My least favorite buses are the horrable trash junk orion VI which are coming into ENY.They are ugly and ride unsmooth god i hate those buses.
What are you talking about? O6s can't run anymore. The MTA ones are all sitting in a lot in Queens collecting dust!

I was talking about this buswww.ttmg.org/photos/tlogan/MTAB_Orion_3710.jpgs

Its called the orion 0.5 706 or something like that.I have a lot of non transit stuff on my mind.So i cant rember every single subway/train/bus model name.

ENY depot do have hybrids i rode one on the B82 the other day but i cant rember the model name.

OH. O7s. Now I see where your coming from.

They already have loads of O7s there!

Those O7s are damn good. Dunno what you talking about.

OH. O7s. Now I see where your coming from.

They already have loads of O7s there!

Those O7s are damn good. Dunno what you talking about.

I guess I don't know what he's talking about either. I like the O7. But this is only my personal observation as I catch ENY buses almost every day!

All the Brooklyn Depots have Orion VII's except Flatbush, and Ulmer Park. All are Hybrids except for Jackie Gleason, which operates the CNG version.

CNG= competely not good

Agreed...but I think Flatbush does a little better job.

CNG= competely not good

Agreed...but I think Flatbush does a little better job.

I agree with you both on Flatbush, but I do like ENY's hybrids. Speaking of Flatbush, check out the news on the new destination signs!

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16588#post16588

1. What is your favorite favorite NYCT/MTAB bus(es) and why?

2. What is your least favorite favorite NYCT/MTAB bus(es) and why?

3. Which do you like better/ think are better: HF's or LF's and why?

4. What is your favorite (MTA) Division/Depot(s) and why?

5. What is your least favorite (MTA) Division/Depot(s) and why?

1. My new favorite is the 6000 series Orion V. Rockets on wheels and comfy for the driver.

2. Artics are the new least favorite. After coming back to the KB dawgs, I'm tired of weak engined, lack of power P.O.S.

3. HF always will be better for ride quality, due to the fact that in NYC, the low floors will bottom out, get bent rims, and have shocks that come apart. Been there done that with the first, seen the second, and made a relief, checked the bus after it was slamming across every slight crack in the street, and seen the shock unhinged from the body.

4. MaBSTOA even though I want out of the DOB. Why, is because it's the best thats why.

5. Can't say as we are all Bros' and Sistas here.

• 4 weeks later...

CNG= competely not good

I'm kinda late on the comment, but thanks for the response.

1. My new favorite is the 6000 series Orion V. Rockets on wheels and comfy for the driver.

2. Artics are the new least favorite. After coming back to the KB dawgs, I'm tired of weak engined, lack of power P.O.S.

3. HF always will be better for ride quality, due to the fact that in NYC, the low floors will bottom out, get bent rims, and have shocks that come apart. Been there done that with the first, seen the second, and made a relief, checked the bus after it was slamming across every slight crack in the street, and seen the shock unhinged from the body.

4. MaBSTOA even though I want out of the DOB. Why, is because it's the best thats why.

5. Can't say as we are all Bros' and Sistas here.

Thanks, I like your answer to #5!

Archived