Gross! MTA Long Island Buses with no HVAC and locked windows!

BJC

I agree with Cait Sith, but I still enjoy it because I always have hot head, so I cannot tell temperature too much.

I have been on both N6 Local/LTD with AC or no A/C, but I am used to it. I have been TOR#59 bus that had no A/C on, so he had front door open while bus was motion.

Wednesday, May 26th, when I went for endagered hunt in Long Island, male B/O on N6 LTD had emergency exit door open with A/C on.

They arent bolted shut, there's a special screw/key that unlocks the windows.

The windows on all Orion VII NGs were recalled over the screws attaching the window pane loosening and possibly resulting in the pane falling on passengers. Bolting the windows shut is a temporary measure until Orion rolls out a solution, which in this case is to screw 2 triangle-like cubes on each bottom corner of the window pane (section that opens) to prevent the window from opening past the point where it puts too much pressure on the "arms".

Also...why does everyone think that mocking and getting flared up over this is going to do anything? As much as I myself don't agree with JohnQPine on this subject I can actually side with him here as I'm not too impressed with what I'm seeing above. Come on people, everyone disagrees with things and I don't think we need to rub it in his face all the time, because it doesn't seem to be doing any good. Letting him be would probably be the best thing. What's even more sad is how the moderators have chose to let this go on. This thread should have been locked right from the start. It's an issue that obviously isn't generating any points from either side.

No, on the NG CNGs they are screwed down, you need a screwdriver to open the window.

Read what I posted again, I said special screw/key

The windows on all Orion VII NGs were recalled over the screws attaching the window pane loosening and possibly resulting in the pane falling on passengers. Bolting the windows shut is a temporary measure until Orion rolls out a solution, which in this case is to screw 2 triangle-like cubes on each bottom corner of the window pane (section that opens) to prevent the window from opening past the point where it puts too much pressure on the "arms".

I heard about that recall not too long ago. I completely forgot about that.

Not anymore!

Why you ask? Because all you do is bitch,bitch,bitch. No one else on this site complains more than you over stupid stuff. There are major things happening and you're bitching about A/C. Come on....nobody here wants to hear that,bring that over to SubChat for them to foam over that nonsense.

I've tried to be cool,but after that whole illegal comment I've come to the conclusion that you sir are a TOOL. And from this point on I will treat you as such. As someone else (B35?) said I would love for you to get on KR's bus or even my bus. I would give a week's pay to see it.

So Again Mods....ENY,Harry,somebody with the power to do it...lock this thread and maybe have a PM talk with JohnQ, so we don't lose any good members to this BS.

So now you are threatening me? You know what, i'm done with this place. I've been on alot of transit boards and have encountered the rudest, most immature people here at NYCTF. I've posted plenty of positive stuff, just look at the latest videos that I put up of NJ Transit buses.

Those dont get any replies tho. You guys just like beating me up over this. The drivers are shutting off the HVAC, I've seen them doing it. I'm sorry but I DONT WANT TO BREATHE OTHER PEOPLE'S GERMS OK.

I guess y'all are OK with that. Dont complain that you get sick all the time.

LIRR dont shut off ventilation, because windows dont open. The 1700s are the same deal, windows are locked shut. If the HVAC dont work then it gets written up. Take 1771, had it on Wednsday, rainy damp day, windows fogged up. No HVAC, driver puts it on for a few minutes, windows clear up, then he shuts it off again. It's called CLIMATE CONTROL and its supposed to be switched on unless its broken. The system maintains a 70F temp inside the bus. But according to everyone here, who cares whether HVAC is on, who cares whether interior lights are on at night, who cares about passenger experience or QC...if this is the new generation of MTA employees God Help Us.B)

Now I'm sure y'all are even more pissed off. I understanding driving a bus is a hard job. You have to watch the road, endure rude passengers, keep a schedule, and deal with management riding your ass. But you cant just act like you can do what you want, there are RULES that have to be followed. They are at most other major companies, but LIB seems to have its own "rules". Suffolk Transit is too leniant too with alot of stuff, but at least the windows on their buses open so I dont have to breathe the germs of 45 other ppl on the bus.

Yeah I'm BEATING A DEAD HORSE with this but its just because you guys dont get it. I believe in standards, period. I know thats something that's still unheard of at LI Bus.

I dont like illegal aliens. They've broken the law and y'all are the problem for thinking its perfectly cool to sneak into the country and then take over everything.

That's it, I'm done here. I know its all rehashed stuff but I wont leave without letting everyone know exactly how I feel. Goodbye.:mad:

It's okay to express your concerns and complaints, but when it becomes a bit too constant, you really need to limit yourself. I understand the issues with HVAC's but really. Bear with it. No offense intended, but just bear with the conditions.

I actually see where JohnQPine is coming from, I'm not saying it's anyones fault but why is it like that? No AC with locked windows, that's uncomfortable. Would any of you like to ride a packed bus in that condition? I've been in that situation numerous times on RTSs & O5's (although the latter in known for it's locked windows), I actually felt a lack of oxygen on one occasion. If there's no AC you should at least be able to open the windows, you're just riding in a hot stuffy box filled with people, at least cattle cars have air.

I'm not taking sides or sticking up for anyone but some people need to chill, like I didn't even see his name until after people were bashing him.

So now you are threatening me? You know what, i'm done with this place. I've been on alot of transit boards and have encountered the rudest, most immature people here at NYCTF. I've posted plenty of positive stuff, just look at the latest videos that I put up of NJ Transit buses.

Those dont get any replies tho. You guys just like beating me up over this. The drivers are shutting off the HVAC, I've seen them doing it. I'm sorry but I DONT WANT TO BREATHE OTHER PEOPLE'S GERMS OK.

LIRR dont shut off ventilation, because windows dont open. The 1700s are the same deal, windows are locked shut. If the HVAC dont work then it gets written up. Take 1771, had it on Wednsday, rainy damp day, windows fogged up. No HVAC, driver puts it on for a few minutes, windows clear up, then he shuts it off again. It's called CLIMATE CONTROL and its supposed to be switched on unless its broken. The system maintains a 70F temp inside the bus. But according to everyone here, who cares whether HVAC is on, who cares whether interior lights are on at night, who cares about passenger experience or QC...if this is the new generation of MTA employees God Help Us.B)

Now I'm sure y'all are even more pissed off. I understanding driving a bus is a hard job. You have to watch the road, endure rude passengers, keep a schedule, and deal with management riding your ass. But you cant just act like you can do what you want, there are RULES that have to be followed. They are at most other major companies, but LIB seems to have its own "rules". Suffolk Transit is too leniant too with alot of stuff, but at least the windows on their buses open so I dont have to breathe the germs of 45 other ppl on the bus.

Yeah I'm BEATING A DEAD HORSE with this but its just because you guys dont get it. I believe in standards, period. I know thats something that's still unheard of at LI Bus.

I dont like illegal aliens. They've broken the law and y'all are the problem for thinking its perfectly cool to sneak into the country and then take over everything.

That's it, I'm done here. I know its all rehashed stuff but I wont leave without letting everyone know exactly how I feel. Goodbye.:mad:

You sound like those idiots that live in a certain southeastern Queens neighborhood.

Either way, get the hell over yourself. Public transportation is a means and not a luxury. If the shutting off of the HVAC gets you PO'ed so much then do yourself a favor: DON'T GET ON THE BUS!!! It's one less passenger the MTA will have to deal with. Get yourself a damn car and if your car's HVAC breaks down then the beauty of it all is that we won't have to hear it and we couldn't give a damn more.

You sound like those idiots that live in a certain southeastern Queens neighborhood.

Either way, get the hell over yourself. Public transportation is a means and not a luxury. If the shutting off of the HVAC gets you PO'ed so much then do yourself a favor: DON'T GET ON THE BUS!!! It's one less passenger the MTA will have to deal with. Get yourself a damn car and if your car's HVAC breaks down then the beauty of it all is that we won't have to hear it and we couldn't give a damn more.

:mad:

But I agree, LI Bus isn't even reliable like that to the point where I'd ditch a car. Instead of getting stressed out about it I'd rather drive (or LIRR), it's faster too.

Bold #1 : Here you go again trying to blame it on the bus operators when you barely have a clue as to why they turn off the HVAC, and your rant video doesnt justify anything because you only tried to open ONE window!

Bold #2 : Thats funny, because I had rode on 3 1700s out of Mitchell Field recently, 1737, 1740 and 1782, all those windows were able to open. And you just made yourself sound like a total ass about the new generation about MTA employees, you barely know two shits about any of the employees. From all the people that I've met & know who rides on LIB, you are the only one who bitches about them constantly, dont like them? Get a car!

And as mentioned, its AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL, it goes on and off on its own, have you even sat at the front of the bus to even see the bus operator turn off the HVAC on his or her own? And I have a question, what was the temperature outside on those days in the first place?

Bold #3 : Not unless there are certain conditions that pertains to the operators that might affect them, I have to ask you, do you even know what the rules for a bus operator are? If you dont, it would be wise to keep your mouth shut about it if you dont have a clue about the bus operator rules & regulations.

And you are going to assume that all hispanic people in Long Island are illegals, I hope you get your ass whopped one day for making such a racist remark like that.

yo why do you think that all Spanish people in long island is illegals?

yo why do you think that all Spanish people in long island is illegals?

The guy is an ignorant f**khead. I bet you the bus operators shut off the HVAC on purpose every time he gets on their bus just to spite him.

I've been on alot of transit boards and have encountered the rudest, most immature people here at NYCTF. I've posted plenty of positive stuff, just look at the latest videos that I put up of NJ Transit buses.....

That's it, I'm done here. I know its all rehashed stuff but I wont leave without letting everyone know exactly how I feel. Goodbye

The most rudest people...

Put this in your pipe & smoke it, Mr. I can't find nobody b/c "women generally don't like short guys"....

you post positive stuff? you wax poetic about everything NJ because things out there aren't as "bad" as Nassau county; now that you discovered & become familiar with it as of late... that's all that is... give it a year & you'll be on some other forum/platform bitching about NJ too once you discover its problems.... you are one miserable pissant... nothin will ever satisfy you...

btw, how are they treating you on city-data? lmfao.....

didn't you threaten to leave that forum too...

And take a look at this gem....

We're the problem? We think it's perfectly okay for illegals to sneak into the US & takeover b/c we called you out on your BS on this forum...

You know what.

Good. Get and Stay the f*** outta here... don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out.

..and I'm glad the mods kept this open.

People with closed minds such as this dude need to have a taste of his own medicine

Don't I have a right to express my opinion without getting mocked?

I dont think being in a confined space that is crowded with no ventilation is considered a good thing. Why do LIRR trains always have HVAC then? Why dont they shut it off like so many LIB drivers do?

I also like being able to see out the windows, also, something you cant do on a bus with fogged up windows because the ventilation was shut off. The MTA rides drivers on so many ridiculous things, yet this is one thing they dont even bother teaching the newer b/o's about.

Just ask a veteran driver friend of mine (who goes by the nickname of HOUND), he totally agrees with me on this.

You have every right to express your opinion, but when you say the same shit OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER (AND OVER) it gets annoying. Do you love air conditioners? Are you in love with them?

You know what, I can sum up my answer to this in 2 words:

GTFO THEN!

Lmao oh wow, didn't know he was there.

Now that you say I think I know who it is.

hes on City Data , wow , i haven't seen him there.

Yeh, I'm not a member on there, per se.... but I do a lot of lurking in the CT, NYC, LI, & the Westchester forums...

of course, when I'm reading some of the LI threads, there he is, harping on about illegals & what not.... he was on there as johninwestbury, something like that... don't care if he's currently on there or not....

I also see that cotb16 (dude I know from rider diaries, and a member on here) is also on city data; he mostly stays up in the sports section.... I wouldn't doubt that there more ppl. on this forum, that are members there... city data has been around for a minute; ever since 1999/2000 IINM....

anyway, it's way too much DR-ing & "homer-ism" in the individual city forums for me to become a member there; you even get the people that act like EVERY city is a great city in their home state....

and the stereotypes/stigmas people still hold on to from like 30-40 yrs. ago (and believe is currently the case), especially regarding brooklyn & the bronx... I can't help but to laugh....

Yeh, I'm not a member on there, per se.... but I do a lot of lurking in the CT, NYC, LI, & the Westchester forums...

of course, when I'm reading some of the LI threads, there he is, harping on about illegals & what not.... he was on there as johninwestbury, something like that... don't care if he's currently on there or not....

I also see that cotb16 (dude I know from rider diaries, and a member on here) is also on city data; he mostly stays up in the sports section.... I wouldn't doubt that there more ppl. on this forum, that are members there... city data has been around for a minute; ever since 1999/2000 IINM....

anyway, it's way too much DR-ing & "homer-ism" in the individual city forums for me to become a member there; you even get the people that act like EVERY city is a great city in their home state....

and the stereotypes/stigmas people still hold on to from like 30-40 yrs. ago (and believe is currently the case), especially regarding brooklyn & the bronx... I can't help but to laugh....

Lol the city vs city section is far worse. I've never seen so much NY vs NJ hate in my life until I became a member there.

Archived