New Changes (Classic Transit group public interview)

R32 3838

(Q) to Astoria is like an upgrade, giving Brighton Line riders direct access to/from Astoria Queens. Likewise the (N) does have to make like four additional stops between 34th-Canal Streets, but what's the big deal. I don't think the (W) is such a bad loss after all. I think more ®s would be needed though.

I don't think many people along the Brighton travel to Astoria mostly.The heavy traffic is to Manhattan anyways.(Q) to/from Astoria rush hrs is fine enough starting at 5:30am-10am then 2pm-9pm.Other than that I agree with u

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I agreed with the new service changes and both (V)&(W) service did relive the other routes it traveled with of passengers but things always changing. Somtimes good and somtimes not good.

I have mixed feelings over this whole (M) situation and the removal of parts of (M2)(G) route, and the elimination of the (V)(W) designations. I feel like there's one good side to it.

(Q) to Astoria is like an upgrade, giving Brighton Line riders direct access to/from Astoria Queens. Likewise the (N) does have to make like four additional stops between 34th-Canal Streets, but what's the big deal. I don't think the (W) is such a bad loss after all. I think more ®s would be needed though.

More ®s will be needed because of South Brooklyn and everything. We ought to see how this will play out though.

Guest lance25

Why would they replace a line that ran over 4th Ave & the West End with one that runs via Brighton? It would make more sense to bring back the <R> in some form and run it from Essex St to 9 Av.

(:P I am a (;) supporter and I love the R32 (B) btw.I think the (B) can go back to Wash Hts-168th St and the (C) up the Concourse terminating at Bedford Pk.It works like this b\c instead of 8th Av passengers wanting to transfer to 6th Av (D) they can stay on which will be better.Less crowds at 59th St.

I like this idea and (MTA) should look into it. However, if this were to happen, then the (C) would have to be 10 cars as well as the (B). Plus, some R68 ©s would show up. It would be a great idea, but this will mess up car assignments on both lines.

As for 4th avenue local service, I agree with Lance. Increased (R) service needs to be supplemented with another local. They should bring back the (M2), but have it run to Bay Ridge or 9th Avenue. Running the (M2) all the way down to Bay Parkway is a complete waste of money, as the customers who get on will get off at 36th street to get the (D) or some other connecting train.

In order to replace (M2) service and grow ridership on the Nassau Street line in place of (M2), the (J) should be extended to run to Coney Island via Brighton Line and Montague Street Tunnel.

Oh dear Lord, YOU make a run like that. That is why the 9/11 contingency service was so short lived. Once they got the BMT tunnels, they restored normal J and M service. Besides, there's still construction work on the Brighton.

Why would they replace a line that ran over 4th Ave & the West End with one that runs via Brighton? It would make more sense to bring back the <R> in some form and run it from Essex St to 9 Av.

But the West End, Sea Beach, and 4th Avenue customers have (R) or a cross platform transfer to the (R) which goes downtown at 36th St and Pacfic Streetand (J) would get X29 customers which mostly them leave or get on south of 23 street in Manhattan and the (:P(Q) only get to Midtown from Brighton. At least that side of Brooklyn where Brighton line serve would have direct downtown manhattan service

But the West End, Sea Beach, and 4th Avenue customers have (R) or a cross platform transfer to the (R) which goes downtown at 36th St and Pacfic Streetand (J) would get X29 customers which mostly them leave or get on south of 23 street in Manhattan and the (:P(Q) only get to Midtown from Brighton. At least that side of Brooklyn where Brighton line serve would have direct downtown manhattan service

I always wanted to see the (M2) or a Nassau St Train hook up with Brighton again, but, I don't think it will happen. Brighton is actually really good with 2 lines at the moment. Both, the (;) & (Q) run via Bridge & Express in Manhattan which is something we don't want to get messed up.

I always wanted to see the (M2) or a Nassau St Train hook up with Brighton again, but, I don't think it will happen. Brighton is actually really good with 2 lines at the moment. Both, the (:P & (Q) run via Bridge & Express in Manhattan which is something we don't want to get messed up.

I was thinking more like 20 minute headways from 6-10 AM and 3-7PM only, since Downtown is not as big as a major place as Midtown

I always wanted to see the (M2) or a Nassau St Train hook up with Brighton again, but, I don't think it will happen. Brighton is actually really good with 2 lines at the moment. Both, the (:P & (Q) run via Bridge & Express in Manhattan which is something we don't want to get messed up.

Well with the Brighton work going on, the line really can't handle three trains going in one direction right now. After the work is done, then sure. I'd have the (M) go express along the Brighton Line. The (Q) is fine by itself.

Well with the Brighton work going on, the line really can't handle three trains going in one direction right now. After the work is done, then sure. I'd have the (M) go express along the Brighton Line. The (Q) is fine by itself.

But I like the new (M) it is fine as is. The (J) is a more suited line because that with (Z) are the only Nassau Street lines and the (Z) would be used as a crowd control.

But I like the new (M) it is fine as is. The (J) is a more suited line because that with (Z) are the only Nassau Street lines and the (Z) would be used as a crowd control.

See below. besides, the (M2) was chosen for South Brooklyn because of its length.

Sending the (J) to Coney Island via the Brighton is seriously a bad idea. Not just its length, but don't people want to go to Midtown now?

These special runs could come out of Broadway Junction.

Sending the (J) to Coney Island via the Brighton is seriously a bad idea. Not just its length, but don't people want to go to Midtown now?

Yes but that part of Brooklyn don't have access to Downtown and that access, the X29 will be gone as of this Friday. There is also no other Nassau Street train to send there. The reason why the (M2) did not operate there is because (MTA) wanted to kill the line off and kill its ridership in South Brooklyn. It would only be 3 TPH as was say before, what is the problem with 3 TPH, it is not Lexington line or Queens Blvd line.

If they restore Nassau service to the South, it should just be a rush hour special, meaning five or so trains that just head to Chambers, lay up and then return in the PM. Basically, flipping the role of the old (M2) and <Q>. The (Q) now the full fledged local, and the Nassau service as the special. Justlike the old "bankers' specials".

That's all that's really needed.

These special runs could come out of Broadway Junction.

Still a bit too far. Eric B is right. An <R>-like service should do.

Yes but that part of Brooklyn don't have access to Downtown and that access, the X29 will be gone as of this Friday. There is also no other Nassau Street train to send there. The reason why the (M2) did not operate there is because (MTA) wanted to kill the line off and kill its ridership in South Brooklyn. It would only be 3 TPH as was say before, what is the problem with 3 TPH, it is not Lexington line or Queens Blvd line.

If there is a DESPERATE need for service, they should run an <R>-like service from Chambers Street. There's no need to run it all the way from Queens or Eastern Brooklyn. And that could only come when money comes.

Why to that side of Brooklyn, they have (R) train. It will be better on Brighton instead
So <R> trains wouldnt cross in front of (:)(Q)(R) trains. If Brighton riders want to go to Lower Manhattan then transfer @ DeKalb Ave. The (R) is already a long enough local so they can sure use the <R> Nassau for help during rush hours vs. the shorter (:P(Q) manhattan express trains which handles Brighton just fine. Now I can ask you the same thing.... Why on Brighton?

So <R> trains wouldnt cross in front of (:)(Q)(R) trains. If Brighton riders want to go to Lower Manhattan then transfer @ DeKalb Ave. The (R) is already a long enough local so they can sure use the <R> Nassau for help during rush hours vs. the shorter (:P(Q) manhattan express trains which handles Brighton just fine. Now I can ask you the same thing.... Why on Brighton?

Because that part of Brooklyn lacks direct access to Lower Manhattan unless they give $5.50 to take express bus, plus the X29 will be gone. The (R) is also unreliable because of long route and there needs to be another route. Lack of these type options is why people take express buses.

Archived