M1 and M7

Calvin

[June 27] After Amsterdam Depot is closed, the M1 and M7 will move into Manhattanville Depot. All Amsterdam fleet will move to the depot or some. What will happen in the summer??

Supposedly, MOST if not ALL of the Hybrids are being sent to Manhattanville to make Manhattanville 100% hybrid...which was the plan back when Hybrids were sent to Manhattanville back in 2004. ALL RTS buses at Manhattanville will be moved to 126th St.

Supposedly, MOST if not ALL of the Hybrids are being sent to Manhattanville to make Manhattanville 100% hybrid...which was the plan back when Hybrids were sent to Manhattanville back in 2004. ALL RTS buses at Manhattanville will be moved to 126th St.

Sending those RTSs to Quill would be a more sensible idea imo, unless those RTSs are replacing other RTSs.

The M1 & M7 deadheads will have a further way to travel, heading back and forth to Manhattanville. More further than Amsterdam.

the m1 relief point is 146 n lenox ave outside mother clara hale,now for b/o's to make the refief they have to take the m4 or m5 to 145th st. N then transfer to the bx19 which is total bullshi.the m7 relief point is 116 and 8th ave which also is a bitch to get to from mtv. I hate that mtv is loosing the 104 and 96 n getting the 1and 7.not a fair trade

I would hope if there are any displaced RTSs, they are sent to Brooklyn. We can never have enough of the RTSs :)

Nah, I'd like to see them in Staten Island again :)

I never got to ride them on the S79.

I would hope if there are any displaced RTSs, they are sent to Brooklyn. We can never have enough of the RTSs ;)

semi-related question:

Are the 8600s at ECH still 'intact' or have they been scrapped/gutted yet?

To my knowledge, all the 8600's have been scrapped/retired except for 8611, 8617, 8628, 8636, 8642, 8650, 8652, 8659, & 8669. I have no idea where these buse are, or what the TA is doing with them.

Archived