Windows Phone 7; Your opinions

rr4567

I like it more than previous versions but it should have more options/flexibility, it's like they're going to where Apple was in 2008 with 2.0.

No true multi-tasking, except for special hub apps like Pandora. The iOS 4 will add multitasking to devices that can handle it best

Marketplace is the only way to install apps, except for developers, beta versions and enterprise.

No removable storage.

No file system – apps can only access their own directory. ?

No USB drive mode.

No replacement of the default apps – while Opera will be allowed, it could not be the default browser.

No 3rd party shells ?

No native code ?

No peer to peer gaming The iOS Platform has this

I will add that I like Apple's approach to multitasking. When I turn my MyTouch on it has all apps running and if I forget about it my phone will die in 20-40 minutes.

I like it more than previous versions but it should have more options/flexibility, it's like they're going to where Apple was in 2008 with 2.0.

I will add that I like Apple's approach to multitasking. When I turn my MyTouch on it has all apps running and if I forget about it my phone will die in 20-40 minutes.

basically bill gates' version of the iphone...

i'll wait till the jailbreak comes out lol

What no 3rd party shells...No USB Drive Mode !!! :mad:

Those are the things that pissed me off the most, and why I will NEVER buy a WP7 device. I constantly use my phone as a file transfer device.

Aka.. ZunePhone. I'm fine with my PC and my smartphone. Windows should not become another Apple.

If I wanted a damn Zune, I'd buy one!

If I wanted a damn iPhone, I'd buy one!

Gimme back my text based homescren! :cry:

_blog_wp-content_uploads_2008_04_zinc2.jpg

Archived