No (3) Shuttle Trains for Weekday Late Nights!

mark1447

Because there is no (2) from 149th/Mott to 96th St being rerouted via (1) during Late Night there is no (3) train service running. Just checked..

For the (3):

No (3) trains running

(1)/(2) trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Late Night, 11:30 PM to 5 AM Mon to Fri, Jun 14 - Sep 10

For (2):

No (2) trains between 96 St and 149 St/Grand Concourse

Free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Late Night, 11:30 PM to 5 AM Mon to Fri, Jun 14 - Sep 10

It could even happen on Weekends too.

Whats going on the Lenox? Is this related to the WPR work?

Not to be a pain Mark but you mean weeknights. 12 Midnight-5am is not daytime hours.:P

Because there is no (2) from 149th/Mott to 96th St being rerouted via (1) during Late Night there is no (3) train service running. Just checked..

For the (3):

For (2):

It could even happen on Weekends too.

Whats going on the Lenox? Is this related to the WPR work?

Thanks mark1447 for the confirmation, but I posted this after not checking to see that Abba had posted this originally (thanks to lance25 for the alert).

This time, Lenox Avenue is closed completely 11:30pm to 5:00am (late nights) from June 14th to September 10th while the work is done.

(2) trains in a Brooklyn and The Bronx section

No (3) trains

(2) trains rerouted onto the (1) at 96th Street and terminating at 137th Street-City College,

Broadway in the Columbia University and City College area temporarily receives a benefit in ten minute service at 137th, 125th, 116th, Cathedral Parkway (110th), 103d Street stations.

The Bronx temporarily gets a long shuttle from Wakefield-East 241st Street to East 149th Street/Grand Concourse.

Free shuttle buses connect the (2) at 96th Street and East 149th Street/Grand Concourse and also serve Harlem-148th Street.

I wonder if Lenox Avenue is getting work similiar to what was done in 1998 when we had this fun.

Thanks mark1447 for the confirmation, but I posted this after not checking to see that Abba had posted this originally (thanks to lance25 for the alert).

This time, Lenox Avenue is closed completely 11:30pm to 5:00am (late nights) from June 14th to September 10th while the work is done.

(2) trains in a Brooklyn and The Bronx section

No (3) trains

(2) trains rerouted onto the (1) at 96th Street and terminating at 137th Street-City College,

Broadway in the Columbia University and City College area temporarily receives a benefit in ten minute service at 137th, 125th, 116th, Cathedral Parkway (110th), 103d Street stations.

The Bronx temporarily gets a long shuttle from Wakefield-East 241st Street to East 149th Street/Grand Concourse.

Free shuttle buses connect the (2) at 96th Street and East 149th Street/Grand Concourse and also serve Harlem-148th Street.

I wonder if Lenox Avenue is getting work similiar to what was done in 1998 when we had this fun.

Lenox was a mess that year

I think there's going to be major switch work along the Lenox line. I would hazard a guess and say it's at the 142nd St junction, where the (2) and (3) split. It wouldn't surprise me if they use this time to work on the switches north of 96th St at the same time. Of course that makes sense and the (MTA) is not really known for that concept. I'm basing this on a service poster that I just glanced at. I didn't read it fully so if anyone read the whole thing they can elaborate.

Archived