F M S AT W4th?

Its the Grand St Shuttle. The Shuttle was in operation during the Final Stage of the Manhattan Bridge Reconstruction project which had (:) & (D) Trains terminating at Herald Square-34 St. (F) and 6 Av (S) Shuttle Trains ran via 6 Av Local, and a separate Shuttle; the Grand St (S) Shuttle ran between Grand St and Broadway-Lafayette / Bleecker Sts, later extended to West 4 St. The last day for full time Grand St (S) Shuttle Service was on Saturday February 21, 2004. The (D) was then extended back to Brooklyn on Sunday, February 22, 2004. That Monday, the (:) headed to to its new home; Brighton Beach.

Did the Grand St (S) use 1 train per track, because trains cant get to the opposite track at grand st

I believe they did. I know for sure the Brooklyn bound platform was in use during this time. I believe they did some trackwork on the uptown side. Speaking of that, it would make much sense to add the tactile strip on the platform edges since only one track was in use during that time.

That (S) sign is old like everyone mentioned it ran only for the construction & even after the shuttle was eliminated they has a Bus saying Grand St Shuttle from canal st covered up on the (N)/(Q) platform

That (S) sign is old like everyone mentioned it ran only for the construction & even after the shuttle was eliminated they has a Bus saying Grand St Shuttle from canal st covered up on the (N)/(Q) platform

I still remembered that. They also had a shuttle bus to Dekalb once, IIRC. Nobody really rode those buses, to my memory.

Wasn't there a shuttle that ran to 21st Queensbridge & Grand st or was this a different year?

There were three types of shuttles:

1997 to 2000: 21 St-Queensbridge or 57 Street-6 Avenue to 2nd Avenue, Manhattan running Late night hours

A short period from 1998-1999: 21 St-Queensbridge to 57 Street/7 Avenue or 34 Street via Broadway line

Then third really short lived shuttle: July 22, 2001 til December 16, 2001 when the 63 St connector open; F and V replaces the shuttle, it ran 21 St-Queensbridge to Broadway-Lafayette St 24/7.

There were three types of shuttles:

1997 to 2000: 21 St-Queensbridge or 57 Street-6 Avenue to 2nd Avenue, Manhattan running Late night hours

A short period from 1998-1999: 21 St-Queensbridge to 57 Street/7 Avenue or 34 Street via Broadway line

Then third really short lived shuttle: July 22, 2001 til December 16, 2001 when the 63 St connector open; F and V replaces the shuttle, it ran 21 St-Queensbridge to Broadway-Lafayette St 24/7.

I thought the BMT BWAY (S) ran sometimes to 42nd Street. I remember taht of course

I thought the BMT BWAY (S) ran sometimes to 42nd Street. I remember taht of course

The first run, it was terminated at 57 Street-7 Avenue, over next couple weeks with complaints, the 63 Street-Broadway yellow S extended to 34 Street connected to the B, D, Q, F on Weekdays. Weekends, yellow S terminates at 57 Street.

I dont have the actual map, it would be nice someone uploaded the actual map at that time.

But this hand drawn map from nycsubway.org will show you that the yellow S do indeed terminate at 34 St

calcagno-1998-08-01.gif

Archived