OMG!!! at 116th and malcolm x blvd...

Iamthe1

anyways so i got off the (3) train at 116th street and went upstairs to get the m102 bus and i saw what was a M7 Designline? i was like omg them a M116 NovaBus LFS-A came right behind it...I was foamin 2 death lmao :)

anyways so i got off the (3) train at 116th street and went upstairs to get the m102 bus and i saw what was a M7 Designline? i was like omg them a M116 NovaBus LFS-A came right behind it...I was foamin 2 death lmao :)

Designline 1303 has been running out of Amsterdam depot for a while, and the Nova Bus artics have been recently running on the M116.

why am i always the last one to find out? grrrr...:mad::)

Just know that when a bus is at a depot, it can be assigned to any of its routes that it run out of. The M7 belongs to Amsterdam Depot, and the M116 belong to 126th, hence an appearance for each.

Just know that when a bus is at a depot, it can be assigned to any of its routes that it run out of. The M7 belongs to Amsterdam Depot, and the M116 belong to 126th, hence an appearance for each.

With a few exceptions:

1. 1200 and 1203-4 can only be assigned to the Bx12 SBS.

2. The S89 must have buses from the batch of 4092-4105.

3. 996-998 can only be on the X51.

4. The LFSAs at 126 Street cannot go on the M35 because they lack E-ZPass transponders.

The surprise is that 5894-7, despite being single-door buses, have done local duty not related to an X32 interline.

With a few exceptions:

1. 1200 and 1203-4 can only be assigned to the Bx12 SBS.

2. The S89 must have buses from the batch of 4092-4105.

3. 996-998 can only be on the X51.

4. The LFSAs at 126 Street cannot go on the M35 because they lack E-ZPass transponders.

The surprise is that 5894-7, despite being single-door buses, have done local duty not related to an X32 interline.

why must the s89 only have hybrids?

why must the s89 only have hybrids?

When the hybrids first came to Staten Island somebody said something about the Orion 5s on the S89 and ever since then the S89 has been using Orion 7 NGs. There are Orion 5s that can be used on the S89 if needed; these buses have a US DOT certification number on the driver's side of the bus by the front wheel. I don't know the specific bus numbers though but you should see them on any Yukon route.

It's a DOT requirement that all interstate buses/trucks be liscenced. The above numbers are the only buses with a DOT number.

But some Orion 5s from Yukon are US DOT certified as well. These buses were most likely used on the S89 before the NGs came in, which was in 2008; the S89 was introduced in 2007.

I wonder if RTS' were used on the S89 since Yukon had them until 2009. What a pity.

There's actually a lot of Yukon Orion Vs that have the USDOT sticker. I wonder if they're planning another SI-NJ route? Maybe one that goes over the Gothaels or Outer Bridges.

And the RTS where all long gone before the S89 began. There was a point when SI was 100% Orion V until the NGs shown up.

Archived