R160 V train to Jamaica-179 St!!!

blkfire765

If the subway was flexible, all these problems like Rogers Ave Jct., budget cuts and GOs won't have to happen.

Someone mentioned Forest Hills..

Forest Hills is actually a good-enough terminal itself, judging from the fact that terminating trains descend into a lower level which lead to the yard approaches. There are 4 tracks in this lower level, so I think it is capable of turning two lines there though. 2nd Avenue, on the hand, might be a problem.

Second Avenue isn't that bad of a terminal. Before they put the false wall the tracks were capable of holding two eight-car trains each.

Second Avenue isn't that bad of a terminal. Before they put the false wall the tracks were capable of holding two eight-car trains each.

Trackwise, it's not very fun IMO. It has to merge back into the (F) line. From all of my experiences there, it's not the best terminal to have. Second Avenue was originally conceived as a thru station, with the inner tracks to become the express ones.

Not everyone knows b\c clearly this person was surprised about something like this.

i was truely surprised, and their is nothing wrong with that... ;) i love to see new destination signs that i've never seen before. that is what makes this website great! You get to find out new things and express your ideas or simply asks questions about the subway...

anyone have an idea on how many different destination signs the R160's have? a table or info sheet perhaps?... Thanks:)

If the subway was flexible, all these problems like Rogers Ave Jct., budget cuts and GOs won't have to happen.

Someone mentioned Forest Hills..

Forest Hills is actually a good-enough terminal itself, judging from the fact that terminating trains descend into a lower level which lead to the yard approaches. There are 4 tracks in this lower level, so I think it is capable of turning two lines there though. 2nd Avenue, on the hand, might be a problem.

I mentioned Forest Hills not being a good terminal..... I thought Forest Hills was one of those terminals where trains had little time to terminate (Flatbush Ave-BK College for example)

I mentioned Forest Hills not being a good terminal..... I thought Forest Hills was one of those terminals where trains had little time to terminate (Flatbush Ave-BK College for example)

Ah interesting. Parsons/Archer on the (E) isn't a good one because the switch is set too far back.

Trackwise, it's not very fun IMO. It has to merge back into the (F) line. From all of my experiences there, it's not the best terminal to have. Second Avenue was originally conceived as a thru station, with the inner tracks to become the express ones.

That is true...the inner tracks originally were express IIRC until the Chrystie Street thingie shifted the tracks to merge with the local when before it went straight through to Broadway - Lafayette Street via the express.

That is true...the inner tracks originally were express IIRC until the Chrystie Street thingie shifted the tracks to merge with the local when before it went straight through to Broadway - Lafayette Street via the express.

Yea the problem is, the (V) has to slow down when approaching the switch from B1 (SB downtown track) to B5 (adjacent (V) track). So basically it gets a yellow over yellow. Now if in the station, B5 is clear, the (V) can head straight into B5 and stop there. If B5 already has a train, the (V) MUST cross onto B6 (the other (V) track, on the uptown side). Departing from either track, the (V) can only move out if there is no departing (F) on the B2 track.

http://images.nycsubway.org/line_diagrams/line_6thave_2ndave_bwaylaf.jpg

Archived