What Is Happening In Jersey City?

its just Coach USA and R&T with their BS saying there isn't enough ridership on some of their routes and its absolutely not true.

The current news is the new NJT route #6 (replacement for R&T 99) is doing very well.

Its not totally official, but NJT might save us the 4 and they'll run it after April. Theres been meetings between community officials and NJT with also the City of Jersey City. Theres supposedly another meeting next week and then news will be presented to the public in a community meeting which I will be attaining.

Wait.....Do you mean, seriously, the #4 might be going also? That's beyond belief - of nine or ten routes this company started with, only the 10 and 99S remaining and NJT running Ocean? Man. I heard about the 6. Glad NJT stepped in there.

Yeah, R&T wants to pull away from the 4. NJT said they might step in and run the 4, or make changes to the 81. But we're still waiting for confirmation because we're running out of time and wee need to save our service.

Do you know if NJT is doing anything to cover a portion of the old #5 route downtown and what is covering the old #16 route to Newport Centre Mall, if anything? (Strange to say that.)

NJT wants nothing to do with the 5 or the 16. The 5 was long coming to an end. I'm not surprised that its not going to come back. The 16 we were told NJT wants no part on it and told us they won't run it unless they change their minds.

Archived