R142, R110B, Old R160, Other Trains Removed from Internet

Guest Lance

Guest lance25

For those who haven't already heard, Trevor Logan has removed all of the trains he created for BVE from his website as well as BVEStation.com.

From TTMG.org

Due to a large amount of patrons saving our BVE trains, modifying them and reposting them on other sites WITHOUT the expressed permission of TTMG, we regretfully remove ALL BVE downloads from [the website].

If anyone is found to have moded a previously downloaded train without permission, we will be in contact. . .

From BVEStation.com

I've warned users over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again about modifying my trains and then re-releasing them like they did the work themselves. Now I find out that someone created a sound pack for my R-142 WITHOUT asking me. This is the last straw. Now all of my trains are removed from the net. I originally had them here then had to move them to TTMG to have them under my copyright rules and people still didn't comply. So now the end result is the full removal of trains. Its really sad as I had a Siemens R160B, a proper R68A, a proper R-32 and a proper R-142A upcoming for BVE, I will now leave those trains to my own personal use.

It's a shame that it has to come to this, but people should not pass things off as their own, especially when they know they stole it. For those who have already downloaded Trevor's trains, consider yourselves lucky because I don't think they will be available again, especially considering that this isn't the first time this has happened.

For those who haven't already heard, Trevor Logan has removed all of the trains he created for BVE from his website as well as BVEStation.com.

From TTMG.org

From BVEStation.com

It's a shame that it has to come to this, but people should not pass things off as their own, especially when they know they stole it. For those who have already downloaded Trevor's trains, consider yourselves lucky because I don't think they will be available again, especially considering that this isn't the first time this has happened.

Who ruined it for everybody!?

I always say "If you modify the train, at least don't distribute it!" I myself have modified trains and make videos with them, but I know NOT to distribute them. I'm glad I have backed up all my BVE folders all the way back from 2004

I made one train ever for BVE (the Phase II R32), and when the foamers bitched and moaned about me taking my time releasing it, then complaining about everything because of things they "thought" (which of course were wrong), I decided I'd had it and would never make anything for that game again. I really made those things for myself back when I occasionally used BVE to pass time (like when I was still in school and had a three and a half hour train ride home), and figured what the hell I have permission for everything, I can offer a release, and did.

After that episode I just said f*** it. Let the foamers reap what they sow. The majority of the people commenting on that "bvestation" site are drooling degenerate foamers who can't walk and eat at the same time, let alone develop anything or finish anything they say they'll develop. There are a few exceptions to that, but I don't know why they put up with the shit. I sure didn't. I have a life, and BVE isn't it. I haven't even played that game in close to two years now anyway.

So a bunch of new trains won't be released. Whoop de doo. If I still played BVE I'd make my own trains and keep them for myself. But I don't so I guess I'll just have to "settle" for running the real things up at Branford since I'm actually qualified on them. Woe is me.

Oh no BVE has been taken down. I guess I'm going to have to settle for doing the real thing since I happen to have so much spare time on my hands. Nooooooooooooo!!!!

Who cares?! It'll encourage people to seek a social life instead of staying home doing absolutely nothing.

I am going to say the same thing I said before

People pirate songs, music videos, movies, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, iPhone OS 3, and ALL kinds of paid programs and does Apple, Sony, Microsoft, Jackie Chan, Johnny Depp, Jay Z etc go out to the world and say "Oh all the programs/OS/songs/movies I made are not ever going to be on sale or out into the world?" NO! And you Trevor, in my opinion needs to change the way you react about this

And removing the trains doesnt help a single thing

I'll just have to "settle" for running the real things up at Branford since I'm actually qualified on them. Woe is me.

Haha right. Even though i'm not qualified, I can still actually appreciate moving REAL cars. 12 inches to the foot scale is so much better than a video game.

Haha right. Even though i'm not qualified, I can still actually appreciate moving REAL cars. 12 inches to the foot scale is so much better than a video game.

There's nothing like playing with a life sized train set, bets the s**t out of this stuff.

Oh no BVE has been taken down. I guess I'm going to have to settle for doing the real thing since I happen to have so much spare time on my hands. Nooooooooooooo!!!!

Who cares?! It'll encourage people to seek a social life instead of staying home doing absolutely nothing.

you wish...the railiens will just find something else other than a social life to keep them occupied.

If I was a psychologist, I know what I'd study: If a railfan had only TWO alternatives in this world, what would they pick - a shower or a social life?

I'd love to know the answer to that question.

Neither, they would simply cease to exist when faced with that choice. Being a stinky, smelly, social reject is essential to the "railien" experience.

Hmm. I wonder what happens then. Do they just disappear in a puff of journal box smoke?

Yeah you've even run the el cars. I never even asked you...how many times did you dump your first time?

Myself and IND both did once...at the end of our runs.

A little birdie did tell me that you dumped 2001 last week though... ;)

No accidental dumps on 1349.

I also didn't dump 2001 last week, rather, the pilot valve startled me. I didn't expect a big woosh of air with the brakes in full service.

Not bad. There's hope for you yet. Keep adding to that toolbox and maybe next time I'll show you how to run W-3 (the Montreal crane).

Let superintendant JH show him how to operate W-3 motorman.

As long as we're not lifting anything up I can show him how to do it.

Trick with using the boom in precise moves is that the crane is not very precise. If you need to move 3 inches or less, and you go into the first notch on any of the controls, you've gone too far and will miss your mark. You have to brush the contact for a split second and shut off.

Archived