ATL to NYC?

R421969

Make sure to book early.

- A

REALLY early. 11 months is the furthest out you can book. The prices rise fast, especially if you want a bedroom. There are only 2 bedrooms per car.

Not sure if extra cars are added at ATL to/from NYP. Maybe, since ATL is the busiest station served only by one daily roundtrip.

Yeah and its one heck of a ride! I was gonna do this when I lived in GA and we were moving back to NY, but it said the trip would be like 2 days! So I just stayed with my mom, step dad., and lil bro and took the airplane. (The airplane won that time:mad: ) But Amtrak is comfortable so he should be fine. :tup:

Yeah and its one heck of a ride! I was gonna do this when I lived in GA and we were moving back to NY, but it said the trip would be like 2 days! So I just stayed with my mom, step dad., and lil bro and took the airplane. (The airplane won that time:mad: ) But Amtrak is comfortable so he should be fine. :tup:

Around 18 hours would be more like it.

I would sit in a comfy amfleet seat for 28 hours before i'd sit in a cramped airplane seat for 8 hours. Also, on amtrak you can take 2 pieces of big luggage, plus carry on, bikes, etc, try fitting a bike on a plane. Also, if something goes horribly wrong, you aren't 7 miles in the air. :cool:

- A

I would sit in a comfy amfleet seat for 28 hours before i'd sit in a cramped airplane seat for 8 hours. Also, on amtrak you can take 2 pieces of big luggage, plus carry on, bikes, etc, try fitting a bike on a plane. Also, if something goes horribly wrong, you aren't 7 miles in the air. :cool:

- A

not to mention you can stretch your legs and walk around the train or at certain station stops.(NYCT)

- A

If there is the time for it, a leisurely trip anywhere on a train would do. However if you're in a rush, I don't think you would have the patience to deal with 28 hours.

Also, there are no extensive security checks like the ones you see in the airports. I don't recall anyone taking off their shoes and belts at a train station just to get past a security checkpoint.

Archived