Subway Update Summer edition

R32 3838

Okay We all Know the R44's are currently being Phased out but has been delayed because Jamaica doen't want to give up more R46's

Also This is a surpise to me, The (A) ONLY runs 1 Trainset of R32's, I don't know why (I know the (A) supt. does not like the R32's), and IF Jamaica does give more R46's to finish Off the R44's, The R32's would NOT be needed on the (A), Because the (V) runs about 17 trainsets, minimum 15, there is about 12-14 Trainsets of R44's still in active service.

Now the (M) will have an Awsome start while you have good GO's coming up, You got (M)'s going to 57th st and the last few (M)"s to 71st going down 63rd st.

And Now the the (N)/(Q), Rumors are flying that they want the (Q) to be 100% R160 (I don't support that) and the (N) takes the (Q)'s R68's/A's

as for the R32 Set at CI, it is unknown that it is going to be transferd or not.

Expect More Changes by when all of this go in effect.

HAve a good summer and enjoy.;)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay We all Know the R44's are currently being Phased out but has been delayed because Jamaica doen't want to give up more R46's

Also This is a surpise to me, The (A) ONLY runs 1 Trainset of R32's, I don't know why (I know the (A) supt. does not like the R32's), and IF Jamaica does give more R46's to finish Off the R44's, The R32's would NOT be needed on the (A), Because the (V) runs about 17 trainsets, minimum 15, there is about 12-14 Trainsets of R44's still in active service.

Now the (M) will have an Awsome start while you have good GO's coming up, You got (M)'s going to 57th st and the last few (M)"s to 71st going down 63rd st.

And Now the the (N)/(Q), Rumors are flying that they want the (Q) to be 100% R160 (I don't support that) and the (N) takes the (Q)'s R68's/A's

as for the R32 Set at CI, it is unknown that it is going to be transferd or not.

Expect More Changes by when all of this go in effect.

HAve a good summer and enjoy.;)

I have seen two sets of R32s roaming on the (A) yesterday.

I've been on some crowded (Q) trains coming home, so I do like the idea of that line getting all the R160s. It's not 'fun' when having to stand b/w the forward facing seats. The (N) has been boring with like 90-95% R160s. Plus the brighton line will still have R68s on the (;).

Also they really need to do something about the (G). Jamaica yard should just give that up to CI yard and let go of more R46s.

Thank you for that information.

Any new car assignments for ENY?

For what it's worth ENY will not be getting any R32s. The R42s there are enough to make service. The (J)/(Z) is using only one-two sets of R42s during the day but when the service changes go into effect the R42s will be in full circle use for the (J) because the (M) will need the R160s.

Okay We all Know the R44's are currently being Phased out but has been delayed because Jamaica doen't want to give up more R46's.

So they refuse to give up their R-46s, even though the R-44s are falling apart?:confused: Well, if that is the case, then the guys at Jamaica Yard are one illogical bunch...

So they refuse to give up their R-46s, even though the R-44s are falling apart?:confused: Well, if that is the case, then the guys at Jamaica Yard are one illogical bunch...

What else do you expect? Jamaica Yard is under bad management and the people who are in control of things there can't take care of anything.

What else do you expect? Jamaica Yard is under bad management and the people who are in control of things there can't take care of anything.

Well then, can't they just fire the ba****ds? They want to lay off station agents, so they might as well lay off some of their managers. The (MTA) has WAY too many of those managers, if you ask me (For every T/O or C/R, there's probably at least 5 managers:p).

Well then, can't they just fire the ba****ds? They want to lay off station agents, so they might as well lay off some of their managers. The (MTA) has WAY too many of those managers, if you ask me (For every T/O or C/R, there's probably at least 5 managers:p).

They're starting to get rid of the line general managers. That, IMO, is a very good move.

Doesn't the TA know that Brighton riders prefer R68/R68A's over the 160s on the (Q)? I remember hearing that sometime last year...

They do. Just like how (F) rider prefer 46s over the 160s.

If plans are to make the (G) OPTO, hippos will not be used

I doubt OPTO will be done. Every time the (MTA) managment tries to do that, they are shot down by the TWU, T/Os, and C/Rs. That was the case the last time that they proposed making the (G) OPTO.

I doubt OPTO will be done. Every time the (MTA) managment tries to do that, they are shot down by the TWU, T/Os, and C/Rs. That was the case the last time that they proposed making the (G) OPTO.

It's only done on the weekends though.

Archived