Subway Update Summer edition

R32 3838

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(N) is suppose to be 100% R160, may be once in a blue moon a R68/A pops up on it.

(F) isn't suppose to be 100% R160, so I do expect to see R46 which I have.

the (N) will be 100% R160 as well as the (Q)

the extra R68A's will service the (:) and that 1 coney island R32 will go to 207th street yard. ALL 240 R32'S WILL BE IN 207TH STREET YARD.

Okay We all Know the R44's are currently being Phased out but has been delayed because Jamaica doen't want to give up more R46's

And Now the the (N)/(Q), Rumors are flying that they want the (Q) to be 100% R160 (I don't support that) and the (N) takes the (Q)'s R68's/A's

as for the R32 Set at CI, it is unknown that it is going to be transferd or not.

Expect More Changes by when all of this go in effect.

HAve a good summer and enjoy.:)

its not what they "want" nothing has been delayed. the (MTA)'s plan is to transfer 5822-6197 to pitkin on the 26 or 27th of june.

you wanna talk about rumors? here's an interesting one "(F) trains using coney island R160's as extra's during rush hours or emergencies" as far as the (Q), that line will still see some R68A's but MORE R160's.

as for the R32 in Coney, thats being sent to 207th

I hope that R32 set at Coney Island does stay there b\c them basterds at 207th wanted the 32's from Jamaica and they got them but its crazy how they don't even run everyday.They may run 1set out of the 3 they have or w/e and that's it.Back at Jamaica they ran in specific intervals on the (A) its out of order.I hate seeing good trains sit.Now the one at Coney Island I rather see it at Jamaica where it will do much better b\c they'll use it for work service.Its just crazy how u want it u got it and don't use it.It's b.s I want the 32's off the (A) b\c its boring now the (C) is fine.Those are 45yr old trains that deserve to go 2 a part time line.I hope these 46's will knock off the 32's so they can be sent to Coney Island possibly for the (:).

Calling people 'bastards' because you want a specific train at a certain place? I think you need to calm down there.

First of all you don't decide anything and two with the demise of the (W), there won't be a need for that R32 there and R44s need to go asap. R32s and R46s right now are the only cars going to pitkin/207th. The only things leaving are the R44s, nothing else.

I hope that R32 set at Coney Island does stay there b\c them basterds at 207th wanted the 32's from Jamaica and they got them but its crazy how they don't even run everyday.They may run 1set out of the 3 they have or w/e and that's it.Back at Jamaica they ran in specific intervals on the (A) its out of order.I hate seeing good trains sit.Now the one at Coney Island I rather see it at Jamaica where it will do much better b\c they'll use it for work service.Its just crazy how u want it u got it and don't use it.It's b.s I want the 32's off the (A) b\c its boring now the (C) is fine.Those are 45yr old trains that deserve to go 2 a part time line.I hope these 46's will knock off the 32's so they can be sent to Coney Island possibly for the (:).

What is really the difference between sending them to the (B)? The R32s on the (A) do not spend all day out.

Them things is old.

So what if they are old? They are still running and at least won't be retired early due to rusting carbody frames like the R44s.

What is really the difference between sending them to the (:)? The R32s on the (A) do not spend all day out.

Some people just takes things way too seriously. Of course it'd be nice if the (B) or the (A) was R32s, but i'm not going to go apeshit nuts about it.

the thing is jamaica did not need the R32's so the (MTA) had their sets sent to 207. coney island crews bitch about the R32's simply b/c they have to stand and switch cars while on a R68 the crew stays in the cab (with a seat). 207th st yard was the best option for the 32's also because they have all the necessary maintenance equipment. if 207th has R32's and uses only one set for the (A) thats a waste because now you have cars just sitting in the yard. after june 26 207th will have 240 R32's...so why not make the (C) a ten car set...

So what if they are old? They are still running and at least won't be retired early due to rusting carbody frames like the R44s.

Some people just takes things way too seriously. Of course it'd be nice if the (:) or the (A) was R32s, but i'm not going to go apeshit nuts about it.

Um...a car's lifespan is 40 years. They are 46 years old. Should've been gone had it not been for poor construction of the 44's.

Them things is old.

so what? they still run...

ALL R32'S DONT NEED TO BE ANYWHERE ELSE BUT 207TH STREET.

the (A)(suprisingly) the(:)(after service cuts) and(D)(E)(F)(G)(J)(M)(N)(Q)and® trains SURE AS HELL DO NOT NEED THEM.

the (C) NEEDS THESE CARS. my beef now is if its going to be on the (C), why not pair all the R32's at 10 a set? the (C) should be full length

Um...a car's lifespan is 40 years. They are 46 years old. Should've been gone had it not been for poor construction of the 44's.

so what, shit happens... 45 yrs old? big deal at least they do not look 45 yrs old

so what? they still run...

ALL R32'S DONT NEED TO BE ANYWHERE ELSE BUT 207TH STREET.

the (A)(suprisingly) the(:)(after service cuts) and(D)(E)(F)(G)(J)(M)(N)(Q)and® trains SURE AS HELL DO NOT NEED THEM.

the (C) NEEDS THESE CARS. my beef now is if its going to be on the (C), why not pair all the R32's at 10 a set? the (C) should be full length

I agree with the 10-car thing.

You are joking, right...?

Does it really matter??? I agree with VIP, the R32s have aged well and despite their age they're still holding up well and can go for another 10-15 years if the MTA decides to. They're the ideal subway car. Stainless steel construction and rust-resistant. They're doing their job and that's all that matters.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with them. They handle crowds well, have comfortable seating, and while I don't agree with all of them being at 207th Street at least they're taking care of them unlike Jamaica did.

Hey, I just hope, with all 240 cars being up there, they'll look out for (C) riders and make it full length. I'm so glad they're not on the (E) anymore.

You sound like those idiots that live in Springfield Gardens.

Why, cause I care about people? lol

No, because like them, they have a disdain of R32s on the (E).

Me personally I couldn't give a damn. The subway is NOT a luxury. Whatever line they put whatever cars I'm all for it. If they put BMT Standards on the (A) I'd ride those no problem without complaints. They'd make for a fun commute.

No, because like them, they have a disdain of R32s on the (E).

Me personally I couldn't give a damn. The subway is NOT a luxury. Whatever line they put whatever cars I'm all for it. If they put BMT Standards on the (A) I'd ride those no problem without complaints. They'd make for a fun commute.

I'm a different dude. I like new tech. I don't like really old things. I like design. I'm already looking forward to them new M8's. Whoo! Yeah, it ain't a luxury, but it sure is a business. And I wouldn't want my customers riding in discomfort. I'm glad there are R160's and Orion VII NG's. Things are more spacious and comfortable than they've ever been. I went to school in the city, so I know what it's like to ride 32's year in and year out. I loved when a surprise R46 would roll in on the (E). The ride was so much better.

Archived