Hello from Mr. Night Train

Mr. Night Train

I'm glad to be here. My roots have me growing up on 96th and Second Avenue so I guess my old neighborhood should have a teminal there someday. I do remember riding the 3rd Avenue El with my father and the bus garage at 100th ST & Lexington that has been rebuilt for the artics. I believe it was once a storage yard for the elevated trains. Then onto Staten Island where I rode the old trains from the B&O days. But know I have to ride the :nec: from Metropark.

All I want for Christmas is my railfan window.

Well Pablo you are correct. Once in a blue moon I do post over there as Mr. Night Train Show. Would you believe when I signed up to join this forum it would not take all the characters in that name. I didn't even know it until I registered. I kept looking for the "show" in my set up. I also post on the New York Radio Message board as Jonathan Niems. Way back when I went to college I played disc jockey and then with my transit hobby I thought I had a could nick name. Back in the 50's-60's-70's there was an all night disc jockey in New York named Allan Fredericks. He called his show the "Night Train Show". Just love those good old trains and those good old radio stations.

Archived