R46 Transfer Weekend of 6/26/10

So this is how much R46s should be left for the JYD...

(F) and (R) trains are gonna be half R46s with the rest R160s.

the (G) of course will remain the same.

The (E) and (M) will be R160s only.

But that's just my guess.

E: 100% R160

F: virtually 100% R160, consider an R46 a treat.

G: 100% R46.

R: virtually 100% R46, consider an R160 a treat.

M: has nothing to do with Jamaica Yard----will have 100% ENY assigned R160. None will lay up in JYD, rather near 179 and CTL lower.

I really dont care if anyone hates the R44s, becuz me and a few others still love em and I 100% do! Its what the (A) ran with during the 90s and today(And 80s i think). And its just what makes the (A) look as today. The (A)/(S) Rkway won't be the same as much with no R44s, but plain R46/R32((A)(C) Only)

And something unique, such as the formation of ABBA car, door chorm, a wider cab, new seats and looks. And first car to be oval shape..+

Some of you may be hating on em only becuz its fallen a part and crap but one day you may miss em too.. Same as Redbirdss..(Some peepz)

Well gonna be fanning AND riding the R44 from here to its end.. :)

Is it even possible some R44s would preserved?

If they could preserve 5228/5229

Don't get your hopes up. They often don't save a subway car due to its characteristics (e.g. what it looks like), or whether it was the first or last of its type, or just pluck any random car for the matter either.

And what happens if the (MTA) gets bailed out by the Feds in the near future? If the R44s are retired, will there be enough cars to restore service to current levels?:eek::P

I should say, use the money to fix up the existing infrastructure and invest on new so that we don't revisit the 1970s

will Jamaica have any R46's left after this?

Like LRG said, there will be enough. The (V) uses 15 sets of R46s that would be "saved" by the combination with the (M2). Since the (V) is gone, those 15 sets are being transferred to Pitkin. (I don't know how they managed to free up 4 other sets. Maybe it is as a result of reducing the evening/weekend frequencies of the (F) and the Sunday frequencies of the (E).

I really dont care if anyone hates the R44s, becuz me and a few others still love em and I 100% do! Its what the (A) ran with during the 90s and today(And 80s i think). And its just what makes the (A) look as today. The (A)/(S) Rkway won't be the same as much with no R44s, but plain R46/R32((A)(C) Only)

And they have things that are unique, such as the formation of A-B-B-A car, door chime, a wider cab, new seats and looks. And the first car to be oval shaped..

Some of you may be hating on em only becuz its falling apart and crap but one day you may miss em too.. Same as Redbirds..(Some peepz)

Well, gonna be fanning AND riding the R44 from here to its end.. :P

Is it even possible some R44s would preserved?

Other than correcting the hazardous spelling error (seriously, chrom?!?!) & the blundering grammatical errors (I thought I was reading something from 1st grade), the R44s are not even oval shaped.... They might preserve a 4 car set but who knows, the condition of these cars are terrible.

Other than correcting the hazardous spelling error (seriously, chrom?!?!) & the blundering grammatical errors (I thought I was reading something from 1st grade), the R44s are not even oval shaped.... They might preserve a 4 car set but who knows, the condition of these cars are terrible.

SMH, and to add on to what you said, they are a safety hazard in terms of accidents, which was found in the investigation of the accident at 135th Street some years ago when a car pretty much disintegrated. The frames are HORRID!!!

SMH, and to add on to what you said, they are a safety hazard in terms of accidents, which was found in the investigation of the accident at 135th Street some years ago when a car pretty much disintegrated. The frames are HORRID!!!

The incident which destroyed the R44 had absolutely nothing to do with the condition of the car. The switch moved underneath the car after the front truck passed thereby causing the rear truck to go "elsewhere". Result: car gets cut open by the columns like being continually being slashed by a can opener. What happened there would have happened to any stainless steel subway car.

Thing is, where are you going to store them?

The incident which destroyed the R44 had absolutely nothing to do with the condition of the car. The switch moved underneath the car after the front truck passed thereby causing the rear truck to go "elsewhere". Result: car gets cut open by the columns like being continually being slashed by a can opener. What happened there would have happened to any stainless steel subway car.

That is correct and not downing that fact, but from that accident it was also founded that the cars themselves did not have great frames either.

From my own personal view of that accident, I've seen many of other "split switch" accidents, that R-44 car was just non-existant, nothing like I've seen before from a subway car in a split switch accident.

Well, looks like that R-46 19x8 would be interesting, will they actually connect 19x8 car trains and send them that way?

Yeah. They're going to link together 152 R46's and move them throughout the system. And pigs will fly.

Just got an Email from a most reliable source telling me that 38x4 R46 units totaling 152 cars will be transfered from JYD next weekend since the the V will be history. They will be moved in 19x8 car trains with 15 going to temporary storage at 207 and 4 to Pitkin entering service "immediately". The ones at 207 will be released for service once they are inspected. This will allow retirement of the remaing 136 active R44's. There is no timetable as to when the last R44 will be retired and all R46's above #5822 will be available for A line service.

For space constrictions, here is the low number from each set to be transfered (missing cars should be already in then A line pool):

5822, 5830, 5838, 5854, 5898, 5914, 5918, 5934, 5938, 5954, 5958, 5970, 5978, 5982, 5990, 5994, 6002, 6006, 6010, 6018, 6022, 6026, 6042, 6050, 6058, 6062, 6066, 6070, 6074, 6078, 6086, 6090, 6094, 6098, 6106, 6114, 6122, 6194.

Good Bye R32 (A)!!!! I can't wait for them to pull them off the (A).

That is correct and not downing that fact, but from that accident it was also founded that the cars themselves did not have great frames either.

From my own personal view of that accident, I've seen many of other "split switch" accidents, that R-44 car was just non-existant, nothing like I've seen before from a subway car in a split switch accident.

How badly did that car get shredded?

Archived