R46 Transfer Weekend of 6/26/10

He didn't mean that,Chris meant when the 46's come 207 will no longer need the use of 32's so they will go in revenue on another line.I hope those 32's do come off the (A).

I wanted to point out the hatred of the 44s

So this is how much R46s should be left for the JYD...

(F) and (R) trains are gonna be half R46s with the rest R160s.

the (G) of course will remain the same.

The (E) and (M) will be R160s only.

But that's just my guess.

your absolutely correct. however the (F) will use more R160's than the (R)

since the (R) runs 29-30 trains, 10 or 11 of them will be R160

as the (F) runs 45 trains 38 trains will most likely be R160. on the weekends the (F) will be half of each R46/R160 while the (R) will use more than 11 R160's

your absolutely correct. however the (F) will use more R160's than the (R)

since the (R) runs 29-30 trains, 10 or 11 of them will be R160

as the (F) runs 45 trains 38 trains will most likely be R160. on the weekends the (F) will be half of each R46/R160 while the (R) will use more than 11 R160's

The (F) does run way more R160's than the (F), But that might change, rerember The (R) is going to need more trains due the (M2)/(W) being cut, They might use more R160's or take the R32's back that are on the (A) right now.

The (F) does run way more R160's than the (F), But that might change, rerember The (R) is going to need more trains due the (M2)/(W) being cut, They might use more R160's or take the R32's back that are on the (A) right now.

That wouldn't be surprising. The (F) is using more R46's again so I could see all of what you are saying becoming a reality very soon.

That wouldn't be surprising. The (F) is using more R46's again so I could see all of what you are saying becoming a reality very soon.

The weekend I saw THREE R46 (F) trains in a row I knew something was up.

Als, the R44s have a smaller RFW than the R46's and on the R46, the chances of seeing out the front or back wneds increase with it's larger RFW

Full Cab trains don't have "RFWs." Besides, those cab windows are almost always covered with newspaper.

@LRG

I only got R46s on the F during the weekend when I took it 4 times and was thinking that it had something to do with the E Train GO, if not the R46 Transfer.

Full Cab trains don't have "RFWs." Besides, those cab windows are almost always covered with newspaper.

@LRG

I only got R46s on the F during the weekend when I took it 4 times and was thinking that it had something to do with the E Train GO, if not the R46 Transfer.

I was referring to the first weekend of April on Saturday (the 3rd).

why would the (R) need more trains? wasnt it the (MTA)'s motive to run less trains? ok suppose the (R) does need more trains whos to really pin point assigning a specific car class for the line? after the 27th (for jamaica yard), the structure is this "whatever is available in the yard, will be used if necessary"

so by more trains it doesnt matter whether the (F)/® has the same amount of R160s or R46.

The (R) will need slightly more trains to cover the loss of the (M2) in Brooklyn and a reduction of (M) [compared to the (V)] in Queens.

Is this according to the work programs, schedules, or an educated guess? I haven't heard or seen anything one way or another. Maybe a "B" division person could chime in here. All I've heard is service reductions out here in (MTA)land.

Is this according to the work programs, schedules, or an educated guess? I haven't heard or seen anything one way or another. Maybe a "B" division person could chime in here. All I've heard is service reductions out here in (MTA)land.

Educated guess, because I doubt they'll keep the current (V) headways for the new (M). Plus Lower Manhattan will have only the (R) serving it as well as 4th Av on brooklyn. The (R) could certainly get some extra trains to run. about maybe up to 3.

Educated guess, because I doubt they'll keep the current (V) headways for the new (M). Plus Lower Manhattan will have only the (R) serving it as well as 4th Av on brooklyn. The (R) could certainly get some extra trains to run. about maybe up to 3.

It isn't. Have you looked at the schedule? It resembles the old (M2) somewhat.

From the MTA schedules, the (M) will have 7-8 minute headways during the rush hours compared with ten minutes on the old (M2).The new (M) is not as good as the V but certainly better than the old.

why would the (R) need more trains? wasnt it the (MTA)'s motive to run less trains? ok suppose the (R) does need more trains whos to really pin point assigning a specific car class for the line? after the 27th (for jamaica yard), the structure is this "whatever is available in the yard, will be used if necessary"

so by more trains it doesnt matter whether the (F)/® has the same amount of R160s or R46.

The (F)/® shares equipment so one day the (R) will have more R160's than the (F) and vice versa, The (A) on the other hand is not going to need those R32's no more, there are more than 13 sets of R44's o the (A) right now with R46's and 2 trainsets of R32's, if anything that R32 that's on the (B) and those soon to be replaced R32's on the (A) might wound up back at Jamaica for (R) service, That's why I think it was stupid for them to transfer the R32's to 207th early, they should have did it when the new pick is in effect (this Monday), The (A) IS NOT going to need the R32's after those R46's are transfered.

Archived