Question about Nostalgia Train in December?

R44 CNG

Will that Train run from 2nd Av to Queens Plaza still or from Metropolitan Av to 71st Av...Thanks 99.gif

Two things:

1. WTF is up with the dancing Spider-Man???

2. We don't even know if there'll BE a Nostalgia train this year....

Guest lance25

If the Nostalgia train runs this year, it will probably run the same route it has been for the past few years: from Lower East Side-2 Av to Queens Plaza. Just because the (V) will no longer exist, it doesn't mean that the train's route will change. Keep in mind that these trains are quite old and to run them on a long route like you suggest would cause serious wear and tear on them.

Keep in mind that these trains are quite old and to run them on a long route like you suggest would cause serious wear and tear on them.

The R1-9s are in better shape then most of the revenue trains on the system today. They are maintained by a very dedicated group that keeps those cars in tip top shape while restoring other museum cars so they can run in the future too. As I said before, if the Holiday Train is going to happen Subwayguy or myself will let everyone know, until then just sit tight.

Guest lance25

@INDman: I did not know that. However I still stand by my point that the (MTA) won't change the routing of the nostalgia train just because the (V) is being eliminated.

The R1-9s are in better shape then most of the revenue trains on the system today. They are maintained by a very dedicated group that keeps those cars in tip top shape while restoring other museum cars so they can run in the future too. As I said before, if the Holiday Train is going to happen Subwayguy or myself will let everyone know, until then just sit tight.

Have you and SubwayGuy ever worked on RPC/NYCT's Arnines?

Mutual aid, BERA and RPC/NYCT Museum fleet people work together in many capacities.

True, sometimes even its for purposes not related to EITHER NYC or Connecticut (ie Maine). Fact is, many preservationists work together in a variety of roles - getting parts, technical advice, or doing actual work.

As for the trip, as IND said when something is final, we'll post it here. Till then, no need to go around speculating because even if you're right, you weren't right when you posted the speculation, you just got lucky. The cars are in perfectly fine condition. They have been restored and run beautifully. There is nothing more to be said for their condition than that. The R1-R9's are among the most reliable museum cars around. As far as the buffs in the hobby need be concerned, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with ANY of the NYTM/RPC arnines.

Will that Train run from 2nd Av to Queens Plaza still or from Metropolitan Av to 71st Av...Thanks 99.gif

It's not even the end of June yet and you're concerning yourself on what may or may not happen in December?

You know the joint is in the state of upheaval on all levels right now. They can't even make a decision on how they are going to handle something next week, let alone in 23 weeks! Even when they do make a decision, they always seem to change their empty suited minds at the last minute.

Let's do ourselves a favor here: if NYCT announces a Nostalgia train for December: great. If they don't say anything: it don't run. Period! Whatever the route is: great.

Right now there are so many other things to get concerned about like more service cuts, higher fares, more cuts in (eyes and ears) front line personnel.......

Just wondering I've never been on this trainpopcorn.gif

So pay $30 for a museum trip. The money is going to go towards preserving the older fleet.

Most of the time, foamers get hyped up about these things and wonder about future things... *Big facepalm* Just deal with the stuff now and we'll find out when it comes.

So pay $30 for a museum trip. The money is going to go towards preserving the older fleet.

Most of the time, foamers get hyped up about these things and wonder about future things... *Big facepalm* Just deal with the stuff now and we'll find out when it comes.

Why you bveguy? I'll deal with you on Monday in class:mad:

The only reason the nostalgia train uses the (V) designation is because the route it follows is most similar to that of the (V). Just thought I'd mention it.

*IF* it does run this December, it may just be announced as a 6th Av local to 2nd Av or Queens Plaza depending on the direction. Calling it a (V) has confused people in the past and when the (V) is gone, it will just confuse them even more.

*IF* it does run this December, it may just be announced as a 6th Av local to 2nd Av or Queens Plaza depending on the direction. Calling it a (V) has confused people in the past and when the (V) is gone, it will just confuse them even more.
Just extend it all the way to Met and call it "M". :P

I don't think the MTA wants to run them outdoors. They might do 2 Av to Continental if they want to extend the route, but I doubt it.

It shouldn't have any designation, both (M) and (V) would confuse people.

Archived