Bus drivers got the boot up their ...

Olegkha

That's a lot of buses that are being taken out of service because bus operators are not working anymore. I just hope that the passengers don't take their frustrations out on the bus operators that are remaining as of these cuts, less buses means longer waits, not a good move at all. :mad:

That's a lot of buses that are being taken out of service because bus operators are not working anymore. I just hope that the passengers don't take their frustrations out on the bus operators that are remaining as of these cuts, less buses means longer waits, not a good move at all. :mad:

Not at all!! but J.Walder and Company could careless. Because they don't have to rely on the system to get to work and never have to step foot on it either. And they know the citizens of the tristate have no choice but to use their system whether they drive or commute via public transportation. So either way they get your money while providing less service.

Not at all!! but J.Walder and Company could careless. Because they don't have to rely on the system to get to work and never have to step foot on it either. And they know the citizens of the tristate are have no choice but to use their system whether they drive or commute via public transportation. So either way they get your money while providing less service.

now what if people got so feed up with it that they made a strike by saying i`m not taking the bus or subway at all until the service is restored then what will the mta do if that was to ever happen if people did not use the system at all because there so feed up on service cut`s the lies the mta tells them then what??????????? that`s the question i have and need answer to it

• 2 weeks later...

No need to start a new thread but since DSNY exam 6063 was discussed in here I want to let anybody know who is on that list that it was extended until Feb/2014. call DCAS automated line if you don't believe me(212-669-1357).

My reaction? big deal, it should be extended until the end of round 2(#6,758). I don't think they will reach my number(mid 5,000's) if they are only up to #484 now...with only 3 1/2 years left on the clock. This is good news for people with list numbers under 5k though.

• 1 month later...
That's news to me. Another member who is a t/a Bus op said he got called back.. So it may be true for TA operators. But most likely not for OA ops.

TA are coming back this coming up pick, and OA will be back in a month or so

But is it a safe bet that they won't resume new hiring for B/O's for at least another 2 years?

The 5025 NYCT B/O list is set to expire on Oct 31,2011. Anybody hear anything if that list was extended?

Cool. If I get a letter I'll post up.. But then again I am one of the last in seniority. So guess it'll be back to the extra list being it's after the pick starts.

Let ya know if I here anything.

wow didnt know that many B/O where laid off..

So far at LIB there have been no B/O layoff's weird thing is they just hired 9 new part timers. but they havent replaced any full time B/O for month now. once people retire they dont replace them. so from what the union says thats what helped the JR drivers

Archived