QM22 to be taken over by a Private company?

error46146

The more express bus routes that are given up the better. Private organizations would probably run the buses to at least close to efficient as possible than the way MTA Bus is running them by a rigid schedule. - imo.

Agreed.

Mr. Azumah's at it again.... any scraps the MTA leaves behind, he thinks he can pick up the pieces & turn em into gold....

more power to him if he can....

doesn't he have a plan to bring back (his form of the) MTA's x25 & the x90....

this is the same guy that thinks the x29 (and a couple other routes) will be privatized in the future....

Let's face it, he does makes quite a bit of empty promises....

Long story short, I'll believe this when I see it.....

Simple as that.

Mr. Azumah's at it again.... any scraps the MTA leaves behind, he thinks he can pick up the pieces & turn em into gold....

more power to him if he can....

doesn't he have a plan to bring back (his form of the) MTA's x25 & the x90....

this is the same guy that thinks the x29 (and a couple other routes) will be privatized in the future....

Let's face it, he does makes quite a bit of empty promises....

Long story short, I'll believe this when I see it.....

Simple as that.

Yep there's a post on the other board about the X25 and the X29 being saved in his form. The hell is he trying to pull?

There is more info from site.

You have to be Apple Core club member to ride these buses.

Apple Core - A Private Transportation Club

The Apple Core club is a private transportation club that operates to facilitate mass transportation options in the New York Metropolitan Area. Services operating under the Apple Core club program are not open to members of the general public. Non-members are not allowed aboard any Apple Core services under any circumstances. Membership may be obtained for free when purchasing a ticket for a particular service.

Apple Core members must carry their Apple Core club membership card with them at all times. The New York City Department of Transportation and New York State Department of Transportation may board buses and require all passengers to show their cards. Some Apple Core routes operate under operating regulations that strictly forbid carrying members of the general public except in emergencies declared by local or state authorities. Cashless Apple Core routes will require a state or high school/college ID to match all payment receipts with the passengers boarding. No personal information is required or requested when joining the Apple Core club.

All routes that operate under the Apple Core program will require that passengers agree to become part of the program before allowing the purchase of a fare. Each route operates under an independent schedule and fare structure. Some routes will operate on a completely cashless basis and will require the purchase of all fares through our website. On those routes, no cash will be accepted aboard buses. On routes that accept cash, exact fare is required. The driver will not make change. On services that are designed to mimic subway or railroad service, checking and collection of receipts and fares may take place off of the vehicle.

For more information about Apple Core services, please contact us at info@transportazumah.com.

The more express bus routes that are given up the better. Private organizations would probably run the buses to at least close to efficient as possible than the way MTA Bus is running them by a rigid schedule. - imo.

And there is a high chance for the routes to be cheaper than the (MTA)

This guy seriously wants to do this? Take over buses the MTA is getting rid of? I REALLY don't get it....

Is what he is doing even legal?

Yes,it is legal because the (MTA) is not loosing any revenue from it.

Do you remember when Queens Surface lost the QM1A to Wall St and the QM3 to Sixth ave in 1988? A different private bus company tried to make them work. It did so well that in about 6 months,QSC had both of them back. Given that kind of track record it's definitely an uphill battle to make these routes work.

Do you remember when Queens Surface lost the QM1A to Wall St and the QM3 to Sixth ave in 1988? A different private bus company tried to make them work. It did so well that in about 6 months,QSC had both of them back. Given that kind of track record it's definitely an uphill battle to make these routes work.

What company, when did this happen and why did QSC lose the QM1A and QM3.

Most of the guys on here weren't even born yet back in 1988. Growing up as a teenager in the 80's,what a decade that was. Life was simpler back then with far less gadgets then there are today. I didn't even have cable tv until the end of 1987. I remember Queens Surface, but I mainly rode on the Triboro coach and green bus lines.

I never seen his buses, but let me tell you this.. if you wants to pocket some money, he ought to have some form of attractive branding. I've seen pictures on his website and I'm pretty disgusted with the bland white Vanhool coaches that are on it. There's ought to be some kind of visible branding, such as a paint scheme that can lure passengers and have them easily distinguish these buses from regular charter coaches. Earlier ago, there was a private bus line that started to operate to LI from Wall Street, that had branding too.

Private companies running public transit routes may not always be a good thing unless if its a non-profit. Private for-profit companies serve the interest of the boss while public agencies (are supposed to at least) serve the interests of the general public.

I doubt any private transit operations (especially for profit) would be successful today so just like with flash bus lines ill believe it when I see it...and of course we all know what happened with them

I never seen his buses, but let me tell you this.. if you wants to pocket some money, he ought to have some form of attractive branding. I've seen pictures on his website and I'm pretty disgusted with the bland white Vanhool coaches that are on it. There's ought to be some kind of visible branding, such as a paint scheme that can lure passengers and have them easily distinguish these buses from regular charter coaches. Earlier ago, there was a private bus line that started to operate to LI from Wall Street, that had branding too.

The (MTA) paint scheme is very bland, all you need is a front Luminator and that is enough to bring people in to riding.

I don't know how he thinks he can make a profit when the X25 costs over $42 per person to operate. If only 20 people rode it, how much could ridership possibly increase? Even if it increased to 50 people as a result of the $3 fare, and his costs remained the same, it is still over $17 per person.

I thought, if anything, he would combine the X25/X90. I don't even see a point to the X26.

If the MTA was going to discontinue these lines anyway, at least the people have their service maintained until he can't run it anymore. He should've tried to collaborate with the MTA to say that his service would replace the X25/X90.

I think the x90 and the x29 will survive if he takes it over. However, the x25 and QM22 will probably collapse from lack of ridership.

the x29 is his best chance...

he makes ONE f**kup with that x90 (whether it be a late bus or w/e), and yorkville riders will have his head.... they will do more than simply badmouth/slander him on a local forum (SI Live) as the staten islanders he screwed over, did....

If the MTA was going to discontinue these lines anyway, at least the people have their service maintained until he can't run it anymore. He should've tried to collaborate with the MTA to say that his service would replace the X25/X90.

yeah, fat chance bro... the MTA is his nemesis...

ask him how he feels about the S89... might wanna go grab some popcorn in the process.....

I've seen pictures on his website and I'm pretty disgusted with the bland white Vanhool coaches that are on it.

I'm sorry, but I'd take those vanhool's... long before I would ever take this:

transportazumah.th.jpg

yeah, fat chance bro... the MTA is his nemesis...

ask him how he feels about the S89... might wanna go grab some popcorn in the process.....

Oh well, his loss. The MTA would've been his real chance to get the word out. They could've mentioned "Private operator runs similar service at a lower price in the same corridor" or something to that effect. If he really felt that he could hold on to that X25 route, he would've used that as free publicity.

I agree about the S89. I don't care if it's an illegal route. It provided much better service than he did. It runs both directions, and has more runs, with a cheaper fare to boot ($2.25 + $2.10 = $4.35 vs. $6 each way, with comparable travel time).

Archived